Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Update Regarding Pvp And Chaos

what special exception? There is no good reason AT ALL to have the server rolled back. It serves only to benefit those who want to use this as an opportunity to reverse the damage done in a raid when they didn't defend themselves.

Free forums :)

FFS I stayed awake for more than 24 hours just to wait forthe server to go back and hel our guys with a raid. I dont want the loot back to the JK just because they are pussies and complained about it.

who dun complaindedededed?

Were the servers not lagging during the raid?

No.

The lag came AFTER we had entered several buildings in the deed, fought the JK defenders until they were out of local and we made off with their valuables.

This rollback is completely bias.

Edited by RomaN

I feel sorry for the people from Deli that had never been on Chaos before, who had never PvPd before, and that had worked so hard for so many hours in this raid.
I also feel sorry for those in the raid that stayed up for 40 hours, waiting to try to end the raid.

But they defended. Saroman left with TONS of loot and they even came there to stop us. So there is no reason to roll back because they were able to defend but instead they decided to use alts to screw around.

So maybe it was the victims of this raid that are responsible for the DOS coz they want their stuff back in that rollback....

Also, a roll back would mean waiting longer to have the servers back up. so why would we want to wait.

I don't want to presume, but I think this is Rolf's method of allowing players who died on disconnects etc when the lag hit to be safely retrieved in a viable manner? Otherwise everyone could have died from guards and been unreasonable to retrieve corpses?

If the rollback is when I think, it means nothing was gained but equally nothing but time was lost.

• Like 1

No Fooli it means that a LOT which WAS gained is now being taken away from players who earned it fairly.

Most of the ppl are out of deed and safe and I think the ppl that are on deed and died (hope not) can deal with because we can take their corpses.

Very unfortunate when  the defender's all logged out about 5 minutes before the first waves hit. :ph34r:

To be fair, it's also very unfortunate that many defenders headed to the deed (or planning to) in question were entirely unable to get there and in a lot of cases, even entirely to logon or play, much less attempt to make their way to help defend an ally deed.  I myself was 10 mins down the road and had the connectivity issues not been so severe, would have made my way there, and there was plenty of others in the same situation.

Works both ways, really.  You can't very well ask for a golden no loot shroud over your potential corpses and balk about a rollback, but I don't see many people too concerned about the damages done to a deed that a lot of people couldn't even make their way to defend the place.  Connectivity issues are an equal opportunity offender..

Just my personal 2 bits, of course.

• Like 1

Duce you're not taking into account the simple fact that all the loot we're talking about not wanting to lose was gained long before the lag hit, therefore long before anything that would have prevented you from arriving to help defend. That same lag stopped us from raiding entirely and we spent the entirety of that lag time just trying to get our people off the deed once we'd secured the loot with recall home.

I dunnoooo, maybe JK woulda hung around to defend if the servers weren't laggin' to pieces while they were getting together?

People pvp.

something "unfair" always happens.

they always rage.

You're all welcome to come and join a PVE server. :P

I don't want to presume, but I think this is Rolf's method of allowing players who died on disconnects etc when the lag hit to be safely retrieved in a viable manner? Otherwise everyone could have died from guards and been unreasonable to retrieve corpses?

If the rollback is when I think, it means nothing was gained but equally nothing but time was lost.

Corpse looting had been disabled, PvP is not allowed, these two things alone resolve any issue that could have come up from people dying. Grant people on Chaos a summon corpse for free, this would fix every possible aspect  of unrecoverable corpses.. Roll back is just a giant slap in the face.

I think Rolf is fixing a bug, as some of us know what bug. So it might be for the better!

As i keep stating, that's not at all what happened. The server lagged to hell after we'd already gotten inside the deed and removed large amounts of valuable loot, not before. Had the server not lagged those items would still have been looted before any additional defenders would have arrived! I'll grant that perhaps later on we would have been repelled by defenders who woul;d have arrived without the lag affecting them. But that doesn't change that what we had already looted was done in the initial strike on the deed before the server lagged out!

I dunnoooo, maybe JK woulda hung around to defend if the servers weren't laggin' to pieces while they were getting together?

when all the JK that were trying to defend disappeared, there wasn't even any lag that i could see

But, does this not also pose the possibility of JK killing a few MR as they arrived?  What about our possible loot?  

I want that please.

Thank you.

Signed,

-Awakening

Edited by Oreo

I think this is best solution if defenders can't go and PvP because of a ban, it just allows possible enemies to walk away with immunity.  It's not really fair, the best you can really do is just say it never happened and rollback.  

I know its frusterating, im feeling it the same. Rolling back does seem little extreme no doubt. Was a bunch of stuff that happned, that should not have changed!

I think this is best solution if defenders can't go and PvP because of a ban, it just allows possible enemies to walk away with immunity.  It's not really fair, the best you can really do is just say it never happened and rollback.  

They did pvp... they tried to fight us at several buildings but then retreated out of local.

But, does this not also pose the possibility of JK killing a few MR as they arrived?  What about our possible loot?  

I want that please.

Thank you.

Signed,

-Awakening

I dopnt think you can kill an army of 30 with 8 ppl gatehopping and their gatehope catapulted.. In this case we could've gained even more loot from the defenders.

Sir, have you ever heard of the Avarga raid?

I must inform you, it is very.. very possible.

• Like 1