Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Update Regarding Pvp And Chaos

50-50 It seems me right, thanks Rolf for your good sense ;)

• Like 2

You try not being mad about losing hundreds of euro worth of loot for no reason.

The way i see it       Rollback = complains from the attacker

No Rollback = complains from the attacked

So then it seems everyone can agree that everyone was operating under the same conditions, if the lag was there all along then these people managed to group together, advance and successfully raid in exactly the same conditions that the others failed to defend? I couldn't care less who gained or lost what on Chaos to be honest its not my server but I do care that this seems awfully unfair. Again.

You Sir, are absolutly right.

MR managed to group up under these conditions, mount up and sail in these conditions, launch a raid uner these conditions, enter and raid a deed in these conditions, successfully take loot under these conditions.

JK managed to log in alts (all across the map and local check MR deeds under these conditions) JK managed to locate our raid force under these conditions, LOGGED IN under these conditions, change the capital in these conditions, get JK players to the deed in these conditions, were on deed to defend in these conditions. Failed to defend and secure loot in these conditions.

And we get shafted!!

50-50 It seems me right, thanks Rolf for your good sense ;)

###### off, 100-0 you mean. Thanks Rolf for favouring those who cry loudest.

The ban on PvP remains in place for now but I have tried to revert Chaos to friday afternoon between 16 and 17 Swedish time. This should put everyone back safe in their positions. I will bring up the Chaos servers once we have resolved the situation with why the other servers are very slow.

Ban on PVP is fine, but the roll back will only cancel out hard work people have put in to get everyone together and do a surprise raid on someone. 

• Like 4

The way i see it       Rollback = complains from the attacker

No Rollback = complains from the attacked

What have the 'attacked' got to complain about?

They were attacked, Saramon picked up as much loot as he could, Gavin and other JK players turned up to try and fight us off, they lost some of their valuables to the attackers because they could not protect it but were fortunate enough for a DDOS to bring down the server while this was happening.

• Like 1

Leaf why the hell do you even care about this? As I can see you are playing on freedom so dont dare to post here.

Kiss my wood scrap.  =)

If you want to hate on the thread, don't expect us wurm lovers to roll over for you.  No matter when it is reset to there will be some people complaining. Just accept it and move on.

But seriously, at least wait for the servers to come UP before screaming about how it is so unfair to you personally. http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/90772-slow-connection/

By the way, which kingdom are you?  I'll donate a dozen sets of armor to the opposing side in your name.  =)

Want to bash me? Do it via PM please, leave the thread alone.

Edited by leaf

Sadly the server crashed, but it's your fault because you knew the server was pretty laggy.

The fact is that after the crash MR was complaining in order to have PvP immunity and no loot from corpses.(probably because MR was scared to get killed after the server reboot)

Ok i have nothing against it, but since Rolf did it at least give us TD back to be 50-50.

People complained for some security after the servers come back up because otherwise it would have been a ridiculous fight to see which side could log on first and screw the other side over. We could also have logged everyone in quickly and continued raiding!

Sadly the server crashed, but it's your fault because you knew the server was pretty laggy.

The fact is that after the crash MR was complaining in order to have PvP immunity and no loot from corpses.(probably because MR was scared to get killed after the server reboot)

Ok i have nothing against it, but since Rolf did it at least give us TD back to be 50-50.

I think you're missing the point. The server was under normal operation when we raided. We collected all the loot and destroyed parts of the village while the server was under normal operation. In fact, we sent the loot back to Kratos WHILE the server was under normal operation. Arguments that the JK were somehow impaired during the raid are ridiculous, because as soon as the lag began, we were unable to make any more progress. We began to retreat from the deed, but couldn't even get off. 

It might also be worth mentioning that the raid was several hours long. A few defenders appeared briefly, but then left, relying instead on using their alts to salvage the situation as much as possible. Fair enough.

The reason PVP immunity was necessary was because the server crash was so prolonged. If it had been for five minutes, everyone could have logged back on and continued with business as usual. However, since it went over several days, people needed to go to work, go to sleep, etc. It would be impossible to organize everyone to log on at the same time, and, of course, it would leave time for the denizens of the town to log on and take measures against the people who were forced to log off. They could wall them in, they could camp them, and generally make sure that they could not escape. That would be unfair, because those players were FORCED into that situation, and it would give one side an unfair advantage. PvP immunity, and a ban on PvP, meant the raid could end where it in fact ended. It meant that both sides could not use the sever crashing to their advantage. 

• Like 4

From the "facts" in this thread, in my mind, MR is clearly right here about what is fair regarding this raid. But I'm not really entitled to an opinion since I don't play on Chaos currently. I just wanted to post to say the following:

I guess you all have to take a step back and think about the big picture (ok might not be so big, because of no of player on Chaos). Why does Rolf want to roll back? Is it to protect those who are stuck or dead out in the wilderness?  Did Rolf know about the raid? Was his decision in any way related to the raid outcome?  If those questions all have sensible answers then everything is ok, it's not fair in all cases but ok in the bigger picture.

On a side note I should say I don't like this division of information/interactiveness between IRC and forums, it makes it very hard to know what really happens if you are not active in IRC at the time things unfold. Also, Rolf taking Quick decisions based on short IRC conversations with players seems very dangerous...

yeah sounds like attackers got shafted from what read so far, Someone need to confirm the rollback wasn't just because people who got raided started crying about it, if that case it wrong decision.

• Like 1

###### off, 100-0 you mean. Thanks Rolf for favouring those who cry loudest.

Well look he changed his mind, I guess that makes you guys the one who cry the loudest. 

I think the main problem is the raid is in progress instead finished. Supposedly, when the servers back up without any rulling, there are many possible scenarios of the aftermath of the raid depending of which side get many online the most. No pvp and no corpses looting sounds to give favor to MR that have a few guys remain there. Rollback, disfavor MR as they had taken some loots out. So I can see the frustration here although I can't see a solution that let both side walks satisfied.

But think of this.. say you play DotA or LoL on a championship high stake tournament, then suddenly lights out.. would it be fairer if the judge call whoever have most kills win, or restart the round?

There is no way to 'restart' the round, since now the plan of the raid is know all loot would be removed before the raid 'restarts'. so just let it end where it ended.

If the server didn't go down the losses of jk would have been much higher, so by just letting everything as is with a pvp ban its a loss loss situation for both.

MR lose cause they couldn't continue the raid

JK lose cause they can't benefit from from the server issues

seems fair enough to me

Edited by McDaniel
  • Like 1

A pvp ban is the only fair way to resolve this because this isn't a friday night, it's monday early in the workday here in the US. So the safe alternative is for us to organize our entire raids to simultaneously login to ensure players don't die in a race of who can log in first?

I think you're missing the point. The server was under normal operation when we raided. We collected all the loot and destroyed parts of the village while the server was under normal operation. In fact, we sent the loot back to Kratos WHILE the server was under normal operation. Arguments that the JK were somehow impaired during the raid are ridiculous, because as soon as the lag began, we were unable to make any more progress. We began to retreat from the deed, but couldn't even get off. 

It might also be worth mentioning that the raid was several hours long. A few defenders appeared briefly, but then left, relying instead on using their alts to salvage the situation as much as possible. Fair enough.

The reason PVP immunity was necessary was because the server crash was so prolonged. If it had been for five minutes, everyone could have logged back on and continued with business as usual. However, since it went over several days, people needed to go to work, go to sleep, etc. It would be impossible to organize everyone to log on at the same time, and, of course, it would leave time for the denizens of the town to log on and take measures against the people who were forced to log off. They could wall them in, they could camp them, and generally make sure that they could not escape. That would be unfair, because those players were FORCED into that situation, and it would give one side an unfair advantage. PvP immunity, and a ban on PvP, meant the raid could end where it in fact ended. It meant that both sides could not use the sever crashing to their advantage. 

We don't care about the loot, but all this mess it wouldn't happened if you guys didn't ask for non pvp and non corpse loot. I know that a crash during a raid it's already happened in the past and nobody has never asked a hand to Rolf.