Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Update Regarding Pvp And Chaos

I dopnt think you can kill an army of 30 with 8 ppl gatehopping and their gatehope catapulted.. In this case we could've gained even more loot from the defenders.

But you don't know, perhaps they were waiting for you to relocate or go home, they could use the Orb of Doom.  We killed 50+ players in a single go once with it with only 22 on our side.  You can't really say Kingdom X would of won and walked away, you don't really know.  It's unfair for both sides, and best thing you can do is just revert it instead of favoring one side.  
  • Like 1

Get ######, this is the worst decision to come from this weekends events.

A roll back now does just one thing, loot being returned to a player/deed that was raided fairly and undefended. ###### the lot of you if you think this is acceptable, JK were in local for a good 15-20 minutes if not before before they started to try and defend for about 3 minutes before we bashed into another building (MIGHT I ADD WITH NO LAG OR CONNECTIVITY ISSUES) and they exited swiftly and logged off shortly after that, KNOWING THEY COULDNT DO ###### ABOUT US BEING THERE!!

A roll back favours those who have the loudest cry on IRC!

We've had to accept that we can't continue a raid that was going very well, just man the ###### up and accept that you lost some loot. Lucky IMO that you didn't lose more.

This is chaos we use drake scale sotg and fw amulets not plate that can slow you down when you run.

But, does this not also pose the possibility of JK killing a few MR as they arrived?  What about our possible loot?  

I want that please.

Thank you.

Signed,

-Awakening

MR was there for HOURS, the capital was changed to The Damned in that time.. people DID come to defend, and they ran to safety. There were 35 people there raiding, loot had been teleported home safely. There is no way at all no matter how many people were sent that the things teleported home would have possibly been looted in PvP, This all occured before the lag or DDoS even began.

There's always a possibility.  People die on Chaos, it's a thing, yeah?

I personally take it as an insult if you do not think we could have at least gotten 5 kills.

Also, whoever you are sir with 2 posts..

I was talking about killing MR, not regaining the loot they got.  

Edited by Oreo

whate happens with the farmer on pvp do ty lose there stuff or whate ???

• Like 1

so basically you're saying all the organization we put into massing people together for a raid was useless and all the loot we gained fair and square is gone? 

basically

The lag was bad for the better part of the week, so let's not be delusional about things and say it popped up ten minutes before a raid.  The lag issues were reported as early as Monday, iirc.

I took a 5 minute GM call 48 hours prior to the server crash and dc'ed 8 times in that span of time.  I had to help a GM the afternoon before clear a run of the mill support call because the GM was lagging so bad they couldn't even bring up a summon menu.  The lag issue didn't pop out of the woodwork 15 minutes before a raid by any stretch of the imagination.

No worries though, we can agree to disagree.  Like I said, just my 2 bits on a personal level.

• Like 1

what if he is reseting that far back, like 7 or 8 am our time pacific. Thats wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy extreme no wonder its going to piss people off.

Maybe the rollback was for... Idk.. the chaos server? Not a single raid?

You know, the server doesn't revolve around your one raid. >_> for all any of us know there's a thousand other reasons Rolf rolled it back.

So then it seems everyone can agree that everyone was operating under the same conditions, if the lag was there all along then these people managed to group together, advance and successfully raid in exactly the same conditions that the others failed to defend? I couldn't care less who gained or lost what on Chaos to be honest its not my server but I do care that this seems awfully unfair. Again.

• Like 6

If people think there is some other reason for the rollback....Then please someone give us a decent reason why there has been a rollback for Chaos other than screwing over a successful raid >.>

Edited by Nadroj

4 PM swedish time IS about 9-10 AM west coast US time.
The people from Deli started travelling towards Kratos at about 7-8 PM friday evening swedish time

The service was shut down at around 3-4 AM swedish time saturday morning

That means they had been at work for around 8 hours then.

Edited by Cecci

Pimp the thing you guy's did and the server rollback don't change mutch

Maybe the rollback was for... Idk.. the chaos server? Not a single raid?

You know, the server doesn't revolve around your one raid. >_> for all any of us know there's a thousand other reasons Rolf rolled it

Im thinking IDK rolleback should not be happening, I know why he rolled it back to fix a game mechanic not working! Well not much we can do about it, we will pick up where we left off! or lol work to where we left off.

Edited by pimprage

The lag was bad for the better part of the week, so let's not be delusional about things and say it popped up ten minutes before a raid.  The lag issues were reported as early as Monday, iirc.

I took a 5 minute GM call 48 hours prior to the server crash and dc'ed 8 times in that span of time.  I had to help a GM the afternoon before clear a run of the mill support call because the GM was lagging so bad they couldn't even bring up a summon menu.  The lag issue didn't pop out of the woodwork 15 minutes before a raid by any stretch of the imagination.

No worries though, we can agree to disagree.  Like I said, just my 2 bits on a personal level.

nice twisting of what happened. the lag hit that DAY after the raid. has there been lag earlier the week. sure, but nothing like that. so your point is void and you twisted the facts

I dunno TABs, the servers have been in the trash can for the past few days, maybe even a week..

For sure the lag issues had been going on for days. Many people weren't really leaving safe zones anyway for fear of being trapped outside in the wild. I personally got ganked by 2 spiders a hell hound and a mountain lion - and dc'd out before I could do much. I logged back in to dead crits and about 20% health - probably saved by my LT longsword. Suffice to say I was wary to leave the deed after that until these issues started getting sorted.

I'm pretty amazed anyone even attempted such a raid given the ongoing dc/lag problems that were happening for days already.

Yeah it sucks - but who can really claim they didn't really know there was an absolute risk of that before hand?

As we approached The Damned, we were spotted by an alt called Courier who logged in just as we reached the outer walls of the deed and then Saroman came online not long after.

It took us about an hour until we actually made it into the deed. In the entire time we were trying to get in, we could see Saroman picking up items in our EVENT tab.

When we finally got through the double dirt-wall defences of the deed and into the first building, some JK players appeared in local and made it into the deed to defend it. We engaged them in a few house-to-house fights for about 20 minutes. We then broke into the house they were fighting from and they retreated, they kept retreating until they were no longer in our local.

At this point, the only defenders remaining on the deed were JK alts who were spawning in to pick up loot and impede our raid any way possible. They were using /suicide from wherever they were on chaos and spawning at The Damned, which had been made the capital of JK during this raid.

For the next 30 minutes or so we catapulted into about 2-3 buildings, taking everything we could and securing it in our loot cart outside.

We took MANY high value items.

All of a sudden, we started to get moments of lag which eventually grew worse over the next 15minutes. We made the call to abort the raid, leave with whatever we had and to regroup at our nearest safe mine.

Most of us made it out safely but a few of us, including myself were still stuck inside the deed as we could not toggle/untoggle climbing mode to get out.

We earned everything legitimately and fought under the same conditions as the JK who came to try and defend the deed.

Why should they get their loot back because of a DDOS attack that brought down the server? It's not fair for us.

• Like 2

We didnt knew there is a risk of rollback just because the JKs are crying because they lost a shitload of sweet loot.

I dunno TABs, the servers have been in the trash can for the past few days, maybe even a week..

well then, if we could raid at that time and get decent loot, there was no reason for you to not have done it, so basically you complaining that we actually were pvping on chaos and you were sitting around twiddling your thumbs and now want to be rewarded for it

Pimp the thing you guy's did and the server rollback don't change mutch

I know what happens when there is a well war declaration bug

We took the risk that everyone takes when they go on a raid and in a way it was more risky than any normal raid. Which is exactly why its such a ridiculously unfair decision to rollback all the effort that was put into it and take away the loot which was fairly gained during time BEFORE the seerver started lagging.

As Smejack stated, we were all operating under the same conditions, defenders and attackers alike. We all had to suffer the lag when it hit and we all know that we got that loot LONG before it did. 

So you raided knowing there would be lag problems is wot you're saying then, Emoticondnd?

So then it seems everyone can agree that everyone was operating under the same conditions, if the lag was there all along then these people managed to group together, advance and successfully raid in exactly the same conditions that the others failed to defend? I couldn't care less who gained or lost what on Chaos to be honest its not my server but I do care that this seems awfully unfair. Again.

Couldn't have said it better myself.