Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Slow Connection

The servers have been turned off again.  No Wurm time is currently passing.

I finally got off the computer last night.... 

There was this strange woman in the house claiming to be my wife, along with 2 kids which are apparently mine.  Has this happened to anyone else during downtime?  Any known fixes? 

Seems it happened to me too but I think it was only an illusion. Nobody was around after I started some conquests in World of Tanks.

• Like 1

Wise. But any info when we can check if servers online?

The game is probably catching up on timers due to the downtime which is causing lag. We'll let it run for half an hour but do try to stay away from danger.

Doesn't the last quote (from Rolf in http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/90768-routed-again-starting-up/#entry909273) imply that when the server was brought up earlier and the next time Rolf wakes the server that every single field and animal on ther server will do a Thinner reenactment in double time? as the server tried to make up for all the time that it has been shut down?

As far as I can see both animals, fields, and deeds could be vulnerable to this... I could be missing something in translation, but I'd appreciate a response from a dev or someone else from CodeClub with insight into this...

Been playing on and off for 2 years and this is the longest downtime I have encountered. Just came back a week ago after a break and was considering renewing my premium account, glad I did not lol. On a brighter note, I'm sure it will be up and running eventually  :P

Thanks Rolf for all you have done during this trying time for all of us.  I will buy more premium as thanks.

• Like 1

Been playing on and off for 2 years and this is the longest downtime I have encountered. Just came back a week ago after a break and was considering renewing my premium account, glad I did not lol. On a brighter note, I'm sure it will be up and running eventually  :P

Actually, you missed out on a free week :P  

(Thanks for that btw, we know you weren't under the obligation to do so beyond the days of downtime)

And as I said previously... Eve, LoL, a few banks, NSA, CIA... they've all been in the same situation as us.  Eve took about 4 days to bring back to life and their server clusters are enviable monsters.  NSA, sure they got millions of dollars worth of funding, and in an emergency can always get more funding to ask giants like Google to absorb the extra traffic for them (Spamhaus had to resort to asking for that kind of help).

I DO firmly believe that Rolf's ISP needs to give him some free uptime, in any case.

Awesome, Yay, Been waiting just over a week now for this horse to grow...[Was born around Oct 29? Or so, It's only in adole foul stage] Really gonna suck if it dies to this.

i think it is great  the ammount of effort rolf   has put into keeping the community informed during a hard situstion.  shows commitment to his user base; and i think that is GREAT!!  thanks rolf

• Like 3

I woke up at 5AM this morning and grabbed my phone to check the forums. I saw a post saying Wurm was up and was so excited, I nearly tripped over my own feet racing downstairs to log in. Sadly, I missed the small window of slow up-time. /sigh So now, I shall console myself by drinking coffee and poking through the forums with fellow Wurm addicts. I'm very thankful for all that's been done to attempt to get things up and running and I love that Rolf is compensating us so generously for lost time. Very cool. I hope it's all sorted out soon. I miss my Wurm community. :-)

PS...the suspense of finding out whether my bison had a live birth or corked over in child birth is keeeeeling me. :-)

• Like 3

lol novella ..... first weekend with 3 days off to play and wurm breaks, im just as excited for wurm to be back up

• Like 1

I know! I had so many plans! I was almost at 30 masonry and we were literally just starting a meeting to plan the layout of our church when everything went away. I've only been playing a month, but I found myself checking the forums all weekend because I needed some connection to Wurm. lol Pitiful!

"We have added sleep bonus and 7 days premium as compensation for the issues this last week."

That kinda makes it sound like everyone is getting 7 days of premium, not just current premium players. Is that the case?

"We have added sleep bonus and 7 days premium as compensation for the issues this last week."

That kinda makes it sound like everyone is getting 7 days of premium, not just current premium players. Is that the case?

proberly not... would be a very strange thing to do

EDIT: remember Rolf is very busy with fixing servers for us all, so dont blame him if he wasnt using correct words

guess he have lots of stuff running in head right now

Edited by Maiya

It's the end of Monday, this is now quite worrying, and not for selfish reasons.

I had hoped the Hosting provider to be at least worth its weight in salt. If so they would have provided a reliable resolve by now.
I hope that many of its clients, including Code Club, seek their business elsewhere.

Im woried about my horse.  She was sick before we went down.  Just hope Rolf stopped the server again after the restart this morning, so she does not get any more diseased. :(

Your horse is safe for now :)

Edited by BibiWaffles

sucks a lot that none prem members are also missing out on gaming and not getting anything to compensate the loss of game time also :(

sucks a lot that none prem members are also missing out on gaming and not getting anything to compensate the loss of game time also :(

They had no monetary investment, so what did they lose?

• Like 1

me personally and my hubby who plays and other none prem are missing out on 3 days of gaming now as are prem

NOT criticizing as I've been broke myself in the past but.............................. 

You know... playing free... drain on resources... not particularly owed anything...... (and yes I know free players add variety to the community but you know...)

Are you a real human being? Do you hear yourself when you talk?

Are you a real human being? Do you hear yourself when you talk?

Easy, man.  Most people think that with $200 a month you can develop and host a game, when it actually runs in the thousands.

Being misled doesn't make you a bad person.... but yeah shaz, in tiny games like Wurm free players generate more cost than benefit to the company itself, even if the community benefits.  

On games owned by large companies with player figures in the thousands-tens of thousands with massive in-game economies you could argue otherwise since they can weasel tricks into the economy to profit even off the freebie crowd.

Just being pragmatic here... as I mentioned earlier, tried starting off my own indie game but the COSTS .... *finds a new corner to cry in again*

me personally and my hubby who plays and other none prem are missing out on 3 days of gaming now as are prem

But it was free time, so you lost nothing.  No one got to get further ahead of you either, so when it's back we are all where we were before.  I can understand paying players wanting compensation for this weekend, but you have nothing to be compensated for.