Sign in to follow this  
Saroman

Bridge Preview

So expecting carpentry to be the major limiting skill involved. Any idea yet what the cap in length will be?

Also wondering if its planned to work with housing. Whether it be within a house or connecting two writs of friended users.

Sweet!  Really hope in the long term bridges will be allowed in building structures as well.  Imagine a bridge between two towers!  Or a network of bridges among a village's homes for strategic defense!

• Like 1

Rope bridge was a bit unexpected as the first thing we would see. Great work though :)

Bridges do bring some questions into mind regarding PvP, Decay, Bashing etc.  Will the whole bridge collapse if on tile is bashed? When building it, do you build one tile at a time or ropes first then planks? Can you catapult bridges? 

And more... 

I'll take that bet... I win! (no new skills required)

Should mke it a new skill. Add more to the  game. Skill gained by building bridges pieces, imping bridge pieces, building the bridge and imping bridges. Would also limit the ridiculous amount of bridges that will instantly pop up everywhere once bridges goes live.

Edited by Ruger

I'll take that bet... I win! (no new skills required)

Ooo what'd ya win haha

So expecting carpentry to be the major limiting skill involved. Any idea yet what the cap in length will be?

Also wondering if its planned to work with housing. Whether it be within a house or connecting two writs of friended users.

Interesting thought, that would allow the idea of skyscrapers that connect four corners of a city via bridges to each other o.o would look epic lol

Should mke it a new skill. Add more to the  game. Skill gained by building bridges pieces, imping bridge pieces, building the bridge and imping bridges. Would also limit the ridiculous amount of bridges that will instantly pop up everywhere once bridges goes live.

Personally I agree. I would love some new unique skills no one else has maxed yet. That way those without skills can quickly work with new skills and get some new income because they have a bridgebuilding skill.

Or perhaps call it something more generic such as Engineering skill.

A skill that could also be for something else, aqueducts come to mind, for future (waaaaaay down the road) applications.

While the servers are down, have something to look at at least! :)

Wow awsome love it, release it!

RopeBridge1_01.jpg

RopeBridge2_01.jpg

Looks great! 
my question is, will there be different types of bridge, like stones bridges etc (/greed)
A great addition to the game! 

Looks great! 

my question is, will there be different types of bridge, like stones bridges etc (/greed)

A great addition to the game! 

From what I can see likely. I would classify that one in the preview as a "rope" bridge made from ropes and planks lol. But it's curved, and the other one shown was straight in the construction layout so it's possible there'll be stone and straight wooden ones too. Especially since this rope one doesn't look very cart and horse friendly lol

Will it be possible to dig under a bridge? Because i'll be replacing a land bridge.

I might be mistaken but it seems to me that ANY type of functioning bridge, i.e. a route above a lower one, is actually making the game properly 3D. If that ever gets done it will open a world of further possibilities - bridges, multilevel mine passages, proper staircases, overhanging verandas/walkways etc

It would be awesome, but I'm guessing the artwork, as pretty as it is, is the least part of the implementation :)

I'm also guessing that before anyone gets over excited this truly is a "work in progress" - unless someone tells us that this is ready to roll out?

• Like 1

no wonder it took so long

it's fabulous ;O I cant wait to see a bridge like this between 2 high cliffs haha

• Like 1

Please implement bridge decay in a reasonable manner - I'd hate to see lost parts of bridges flying around randomly.

I might be mistaken but it seems to me that ANY type of functioning bridge, i.e. a route above a lower one, is actually making the game properly 3D. If that ever gets done it will open a world of further possibilities - bridges, multilevel mine passages, proper staircases, overhanging verandas/walkways etc

It would be awesome, but I'm guessing the artwork, as pretty as it is, is the least part of the implementation :)

I'm also guessing that before anyone gets over excited this truly is a "work in progress" - unless someone tells us that this is ready to roll out?

I actually kinda prefer mines being 2D, they work well like that. I believe making mines run on a 3D gridded system would severely over-complicate things when mining, especially prospecting when looking for ores.

That is awesome! And.. one part collapse, all collapse sounds like a nice defense mechanism :P ... lol

• Like 1

I actually kinda prefer mines being 2D, they work well like that. I believe making mines run on a 3D gridded system would severely over-complicate things when mining, especially prospecting when looking for ores.

Also, think there was a comment they only way to do so would be to reset the mining layer.

Also, think there was a comment they only way to do so would be to reset the mining layer.

I be fine with a reset for such a great update

• Like 1

Think my support would depend on how the ore nodes worked.  If they became real veins where they could spread on the XYZ plains, so would I.  If they simply were one "block" in the vertical stack, then no.

::edit insert:: on second thought, sure.  Means I could hollow out the mountain again lol.. but would also mean those of use with 100x X tile mines would have a lot more potential resource nodes in those mines since a 3x3, becomes 3x3x3 mine area... muahahahaha

Edited by Hussars
  • Like 1

I be fine with a reset for such a great update

that will ruin many many canals, people will be pissed off that theirs vein is gone (when rolf change veins into marbles, I heard at least one person ragequitted), and safe mines or even EXIT from deeds on pvp servers will be gone.

• Like 1

Good point about the canals, but that would be mostly easy to compensate for. Just allow people to submit canals for GM recreation before the update. Safe caves are controversial at best. Ore veins would be more plentiful but veins created with transmutation rods are tricky.

not my rocks! my island is rich of these, No tinkering with my veins!

• Like 1

not my rocks! my island is rich of these, No tinkering with my veins!

Even it they compensated you with a few Transmuation Rods for you to choose from?

• Like 1