Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Continued Downtime

Folks,

Everytime the servers have gone down, it's been:

1.  ppl griping about not wanting sleep bonus, but a better compensation,

2.  ppl griping about not getting any info from the ppl running the game,

3.  ppl griping about not knowing when it's gonna be back up, what caused it, and what they are doing about it.

Not only did they cater to all the usual complaints...  it was Rolf who personally who did it, not just an emissary of his.  I personally think this is very gracious and wonderful of him.

These things happen.

Most of the wurm community understands and appreciates everything your doing, Rolf.    Your always gonna have few complainers, just ignore them.

Blow, blow, thou bitter wind,

Thou art not so unkind.

As mans ingratitude...

Thy tooth is not so keen,

Freeze, freeze thou bitter sky,

That dost not bite so nigh

As benefits forgot.

(Shakpeare, William 1564-1616 - As you like it)

Good luck wurmdevs, ddosing game servers is like boxing vs blindfolded 5 year olds, easy and despicable. May the person who is doing it get diarrhea forevah and is forced to move his toilet seat in front of his or hers pc.

Hmm... I think this needs some alterations...

Good luck wurmdevs, ddosing game servers is like boxing vs blindfolded 5 year olds, easy and despicable. May the person who is doing it get diarrhea forevah and is forced to move his toilet seat in front of his or hers pc everywhere but in front of their PC... because they are banned from the interwebz forevah and evah... amen

• Like 2

Hmm... I think this needs some alterations...

Good luck wurmdevs, ddosing game servers is like boxing vs blindfolded 5 year olds, easy and despicable. May the person who is doing it get diarrhea forevah and is forced to move his toilet seat in front of his or hers pc everywhere but in front of their PC... because they are banned from the interwebz forevah and evah... amen

are you like 12 year old aswell ?

Heh I'm having a blast with the test server and this entire untouched region full of birch trees. Anyway, is there any new info on the issue?

yeah I can see that happening, just hoping it's not the case cause all the wolves I've bred will be dead by then =( lol

Well maby they can get it corrected before monday. We all hope, shouldent be to long!

I need my Wurm fix man. :(

If it's just any "Wurm fix" you can go to the test server it's still up and running smooth lol just don't have everything you have on the real server but meh you can create everything easily haha and insta lvl 70 skills is fun to play around with xP

awww poop, went to bed, hoping it would be all good when i woke up, and i see its even worse then i originally thought :S

ohwell, best of luck Rolf, i know this isnt your doing, and it affects you as much, if not more, then each of us prem guys, bcus atleast we can troll another game, you have to be out working on your weekend to fix it :(

dont despair people, Wurm shall be back soon enough, go play some angry birds in the meantime!

Damn... well... anyways... thanks for the updates rolf :) now with all this extra time i have at hands im going to do a bit of labour here :) get some money and so on

anyone up for TTT?

Edited by Theflash

-i didnt mind last night cus i igot home late from work and needed to go to bed.

-didnt mind this morning cus i needed to head to work. 

-dont mind a ton tonight. home late again. could have played 5 hrs. but ok.

-wont mind the morning cus got to work. 

-but  sunday canada night when i get home. i'll be itching to play cus. wife,kids,and dog all out of town till monday evening.  and i'm off monday till thursday.  rememberance day a holiday here and with no wife and kids  i could play 21 hrs straight , then still have 12-16 hrs play time tue and wed. but interupted play cus wife and kids and dog. 

-don't get me wrong. i love my family. but i love my play time without anyone. it's rare 3-4 times a yr i get this. and the game is dead.... praying up for tomorrow night.

You and me both haha I can't wait till it's up but I'm getting a good enough fix from testing stuff on the test server, it's ok for now. Alls well that ends well, just hope it's not the life of my pets from being unattended so long

okay so i'm looking at 36hours of hollow zombiefied misery ...can someone PM me with suggestions for a similar game that i can play solidly for 36 hours to get some sort of a 'synthetic-fix' for this? something i can dump the momwnt we're up and running. cos "i pledge allegence to the Wurm"

ta

Minecraft?

this is exactly what im doing, lol!

what an awesome idea you gave me, i`m going to do Archdale (my wurm deed) on minecraft, since i always needed a plan for the deed lol

I would say Planet Explorers is more close to Wurm than Minecraft due to the RPG elements but still a bit blocky (vector based) and it's ok but alpha client only so no online functions would be basically a single player RPG version of Minecraft with better graphics lol.

If this continues you might want to consider hosting in a country that isn't Monday thru Friday 8 am to 5 pm for everything.

Perhaps the good people over at CCP in Iceland would let us use one of their storage rooms......

Really - how does a country survive in this day without support on the weekends?  Then again maybe I should move there, sounds like just about everyone is guaranteed to have weekends off. It's so 1950's.

Oh well plenty of things to do in that scary place outside the window.

Has anyone played Xsyon? I watched a video on it on youtube, it looks similar to wurm but in the early stages.

With all this free time with nothing to do im actually getting time to study :P

• Like 1