Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Poll: Making Pristine And Release Connected To The Freedom Cluster?

Connecting Pristine and Release to Freedom Cluster?  

874 members have voted

1. 1. Is now the right time to connect Pristine and Release to the Freedom Cluster?

• Yes, we should connect them.
    • No, we should not connect them.

What do you think?

This poll will affect if and how we chose to do, or not do this.

The poll will be time limited, so make sure to tell your Fellow Wurmians to get involved.

• Like 2

Yes please, and please rearrange the server connections as well when you do it.

• Like 24

Yes please, and please rearrange the server connections as well when you do it.

This, sooooo much, give the northern part of inde some love please XD

• Like 1

New lands to plunder and despoil! whoooooo!

• Like 2

And southern of cele then?

Wouldnt mind south cele connecting to north inde. And pristine + release connecting to east inde. Would even out travel distances for most servers.

I always found it weird that Rolf added each server south of the last one and not made Inde some sort of central hub to make traveldistances short for everyone.

• Like 5

I think we should hold off.

The economy is to far divided, and there is enough population on pristene and release to keep it enjoyable, connecting them now would make a huge mosh pit of high skills and greed from sales.

The new servers should hold off a while longer

• Like 7

Yess! we do need this.

There is no reason to wait longer, because this will get some of the bored people more excited again.

Connecting them would surely be the correct thing to do... Unless we're planning on making rocket ships out of iron lumps to get there. :P

I think it would expand the market a bit, open up new opportunities, and I'd love to see what they look like without creating new characters.

• Like 1

Voted yes..I think it is time.  There will be players on those servers that scream bloody murder whenever it is done, but it has to happen sooner or later.

• Like 9

I think we should hold off.

The economy is to far divided, and there is enough population on pristene and release to keep it enjoyable, connecting them now would make a huge mosh pit of high skills and greed from sales.

The new servers should hold off a while longer

Looking at the auction/sell section of both clusters (old freedom/prist+rel) there is hardly any difference anymore.

Allot of people on pristine and release are getting 70+ - 90+ skills, so the distance in skills is hardly noticable either (remember the "old" servers get a constant stream of new players to, with low skills, they dont complain...).

And greed is part of every economic, there is greed on the old servers, there is greed on the prist-rel servers, greed will always be there.

• Like 4

Keep the new lands separated for now, it's too soon. Getting an influx of old server crafters would completely screw over crafters on the new servers and kill the economy. As far as I know there's only 3 people on the new servers with crafting skills significantly over 90 and even they will be at a disadvantage compared to old players with crazy secondary skills/stats. Anyone who thinks this isn't a big deal should compared the markets in the old and new forums. The reason the prices are higher on the new forums is the big amount it's taken to high skills in less than a year.

If you do decide to go against common sense then please give a decent time to prepare. Three months would be the minimum in my opinion. Springing this with short notice would really be bad.

Also: why can everyone vote on this and not just Pristine/Release players? Players on the old servers far outnumber the new servers and have nothing to lose by connecting. Didn't Rolf even promise that only new server players could vote if it was ever decided to vote on it? If you're going to hold a vote please make it so that only premium players on the new servers can vote.

Edit: if anyone has a link to Rolf's statements on this then a link would be appreciated. It was part of a Q&A shortly after Pristine and Release opened. I can't find where irc logs are posted.

Edited by DKSprocket
  • Like 20

Also: why can everyone vote on this and not just Pristine/Release players?

And how would you control that?

Besides, the vast majority of players that control the market on P/R are players from the old cluster anyway, they will be the only ones against it.

I'm guessing people playing on old servers want it. People playing on the new servers probably don't want this (I don't).

• Like 14

I still remember the borderline criminal prices rope sold for when pristine was fresh and new.

Allot of old server players got very, very rich, they knew how to speed-train there skills and were in a race to be the first in the most selling skills and practically killed the economy from the start.

They transfered silver/gold from the old servers through epic, to buy traders and drain them for allot allot of silver, practically creating a monopoly for a very long time.

As you can see on the auction and sell forums of pristine/release now, the economy has leveled out, and prices are almost all within a 10% range of the old-server prices.

The argument of "it'll kill the economy" has lost its value.

Its like Wulfgar says, the real new pristine-players (who didnt have chars on the old severs) will only get benefits from a merge.

I should just make a bunch of forum accounts and sway this vote the way i want it to go. This is the worst way to get this information.

This vote should be held on the new servers for premium players only IMO.  Like a pop up for premium players when you log into one of the new servers asking what they want.

• Like 10

I agree only the one actually playing on the servers should vote and done like Rolf suggested long time ago by in-game vote on the characters actually playing there and only characters older than today.

• Like 6

i voted for yes because i have chars on both servers and would love to go over there from time to time and take a little vacation on my deed there ;)

Hell no!

We're quite happy on our little cluster and really don't need older players destroying the game for us nor littering our beautifull lands with the broken mechanic that is trader deeds. You cannot compare the skills across the two clusters in any way shape or form and the act of linking the servers is simply a short term boost to falling player numbers when instead you should fix the reasons for this fall in numbers.

This vote should be solely decided by the population of pristine and release.

• Like 21

And how would you control that?

Besides, the vast majority of players that control the market on P/R are players from the old cluster anyway, they will be the only ones against it.

Make it so people with a premium char on Pristine/Release gets to vote. Several ways that could be done techincally (for example a simple web poll ingame or extract player list from game database and make a web poll for people logged into wurmonline.com). Point is that making people on the old servers vote is ridiculous. There are a lot more players there and of course they only have an advantage in getting them connected.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure Rolf promised a vote only be for Pristine/Release players. I'm looking for the irc log right now, so will post if I can find the exact quote.

And as Tayne says - how do you control people not making a gazillion forum accounts?

Baron:

Please read this poll suggestion (http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/90384-ingame-poll-system/) and see if you can't get one them speedy coders to knock it out. It should be really easily to implement. This type of question warrants a ingame poll available to everyone rather then just a couple forum junkies like myself.

As far as the poll here goes it is time to connect them. As lycanthropic has pointed out the economy isn't to much of a difference between the two and if I recall that is the big complaint. Others have also nailed it, its not the "new" players that are making the big money over there; it is the old players who went over and know how to train like crazies and skill quickly. So the economy argument only really puts a dent in those older players from continuing to milk the younger players.

This vote should not be on pristine/release only either as it affects both clusters, stop being immature self entitled children and grow up. It will have just as much of an impact on the old cluster as it will the new. An influx of players on the old will change that population of all servers just like it will change the population of those servers. The economy, no one knows for sure, wurm economy has been wishy washy for years the only thing that has stayed the same in price is freaking gems at 2c/ql. I am pretty sure though that prices wont drop below what they are on the old server right now though.

We were told they would be connected and it is time, they are nearly a year old and that was more then enough time separated. Im a firm believer in that they were only separated to begin with because of dragons. Rolf knew good and well if he launched 1.0 with new servers connected to the old, the dragons would be locked up and dead before new players got a chance at it and that would likely upset new players since he advertises dragons and crap in the game knowing good and well their really isn't anything like that for new players.

Edited by Ruger
  • Like 7

Only those players who play on new servers should vote, not everyone!

I say no don't connect yet.

Make it so people with a premium char on Pristine/Release gets to vote. Several ways that could be done techincally (for example a simple web poll ingame or extract player list from game database and make a web poll for people logged into wurmonline.com). Point is that making people on the old servers vote is ridiculous. There are a lot more players there and of course they only have an advantage in getting them connected.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure Rolf promised a vote only be for Pristine/Release players. I'm looking for the irc log right now, so will post if I can find the exact quote.

And as Tayne says - how do you control people not making a gazillion forum accounts?

Exactly this.

• Like 5

I have characters and deeds on both and i say yes join them and while you are at it make the travel easier by making the server cluster a better format. 

• Like 1

Hell no!

We're quite happy on our little cluster and really don't need older players destroying the game for us nor littering our beautifull lands with the broken mechanic that is trader deeds. You cannot compare the skills across the two clusters in any way shape or form and the act of linking the servers is simply a short term boost to falling player numbers when instead you should fix the reasons for this fall in numbers.

This vote should be solely decided by the population of pristine and release.

This poll is to decide what the players want, not what we want obviously. It is brought about because it is highly requested by the players and nothing else.

• Like 1