Sign in to follow this  
Nicrolis

Marble Highway(Completed!) At Bear Lake(East)

COMPLETED!

Will update with pictures of park when completed!

I noticed, when I settled Skyhold Keep, that it was extremely difficult to navigate the east side of Bear Lake. I thought it would be great to have a Highway to run north/south there. So became the Marble Highway!

This Highway will run from the dead deed of "Mines of Moria" south through the deed of "Bearlake", and continues on alongside the lake to "Chateau Des Lacs"

Current Progress:

• Mines of Moria to Bearlake
  • Bearlake to Park
  • Park to Chateau Des Lacs
  • Park Beautification

The plan:

YL2wCRG.png

Starting from Mines of Moria, ending at Bearlake.

lLeoXys.jpg

t0QbzSy.jpg

WfqyAwG.jpg

JgYE99s.jpg

Water:

bXv2jXO.jpg

Starting from Chateau Des Lacs:

EdkVqrq.jpg

QXO4Awh.jpg

K2qdVj1.jpg

QlhARLC.jpg

LPcBjNb.jpg

LAnXE7X.jpg

Edited by Nicrolis
  • Like 6

Looks like an excellent upgrade for the area.  Nice work.

Tyvm :P I try, I think I might add some tall iron fences around it and some benches inside.

Hmmmm... got an idea here. Shall we extend the highway up north into the forest and then connect it to the highway at Lakeside ? :) 

Just a suggestion, Lemme know what you think

Aes: I would like to see the highway WEST of the lake connected up again, but possibly not the insane 3-tile wide STRAIGHT-THROUGH-THE-LAKE route Fourman built...

Unfortunately, the route I like is cut off now by Trencal's deed, and the three tile monstrousity ploughs through TWW perimeter in the west to connect up with my east/west road, instead of the original crossroads a whole 17 tiles east of there. Considering the route south is designed to give green dog access, that's pretty excessive...

Back on topic of the east lake road - I like it. I think three tiles is probably overdoing it but that's just a personal view, and not one I am militant about. I just don't think I'll be doing 3 tiles wide through the bear lake deed, two should do frankly. Nic how are you going up the mountain from there? It is too steep to maintain 20 slope directly, are you going to cut into it with more surface mining? (just curious)

Lastly, I am delighted the Deliverance forum is being used to discuss stuff that's actually happening on Deliverance! Woohoo! Makes a nice break from all the missing horse/found horse games

• Like 1

Had a look just now, it's looking good Nic!

Also had a look at the north-south that goes along hte west side of bear lake, and lakeside lair has pretty much concreted it in, oh well.

Aes: I would like to see the highway WEST of the lake connected up again, but possibly not the insane 3-tile wide STRAIGHT-THROUGH-THE-LAKE route Fourman built...

Unfortunately, the route I like is cut off now by Trencal's deed, and the three tile monstrousity ploughs through TWW perimeter in the west to connect up with my east/west road, instead of the original crossroads a whole 17 tiles east of there. Considering the route south is designed to give green dog access, that's pretty excessive...

Back on topic of the east lake road - I like it. I think three tiles is probably overdoing it but that's just a personal view, and not one I am militant about. I just don't think I'll be doing 3 tiles wide through the bear lake deed, two should do frankly. Nic how are you going up the mountain from there? It is too steep to maintain 20 slope directly, are you going to cut into it with more surface mining? (just curious)

Lastly, I am delighted the Deliverance forum is being used to discuss stuff that's actually happening on Deliverance! Woohoo! Makes a nice break from all the missing horse/found horse games

Actually It funnels to a 1 tile inside of the deed :P I think funneling a 3 wide to a 1 wide works well.

On the topic up the mountain, a 20 slop is actually MORE than what the mountain needs :P I was thinking of just making it into a double wide heading up and over the mountain at the junction near Bearlake, to match the diagnol heading north.

Edit: arent you the one who makes the whispering wood wardens? Think you could put some more around the highway to decorate it?

Edited by Nicrolis

I might update the 3 wide straights. Make a better design on them or something

Nice work ...it all looks very cool B) 

I love marble paving :wub: 

*If they would make it so we could do the same with slate that would be the perfect compliment to marble .... a simple slate colouring with less the mats wasted to make them and not look like bricks. ;) 

Very nice work Nicrolis. I like best the pattern that runs on a diagonal with a marble diamond shape in the center and the cobble angled pieces on the sides. I can understand that it takes much more time to make a design such as that but it makes a pleasing effect. Well done!

=Ayes=

• Like 1