Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Name Change Item Leak

A certain certificate that was supposed to allow name changes has appeared on new traders. Since the poll pretty much determined that the feature needs more work, name changing will not work so buying the certificate is pointless.

You should be able to sell it back immediately as long as the trader is not drained. GM's will not buy them back. There is no ETA for the feature at this time.

Basically, don't buy them yet. We will remove them asap.

Cheers,

Rolf

Great to see this come to the game.

how much will it cost?

• Like 1

Will this be one name change per account? I think being able to change your name multiple times could be abit excessive?

so 18 people decided what half the playerbase is against?

Brilliant.

Edited by Wulfgar
  • Like 6

I liked the whole idea behind 'making a name for yourself' in Wurm. Such as signatures on tools. Can look back into the past and say hey this was a Vean sword, one of the first publically known weapon smiths, a legend. Such as the rest of Wurm, groups of known people making great things happen.

• Like 4

Wow, such grief for looking to add cool new features. Amazing.

Can this be made available only on Freedom or something? There's so many reasons this won't work on the PvP servers.

I liked the whole idea behind 'making a name for yourself' in Wurm. Such as signatures on tools. Can look back into the past and say hey this was a Vean sword, one of the first publically known weapon smiths, a legend. Such as the rest of Wurm, groups of known people making great things happen.

This... so many times over, the name you make in this game is so important for so many reasons... It's one of the reasons wurm is wurm, you carve a name for yourself, it appeals to the sense that this is a sandbox. Name changing destroys this.

• Like 2

I'll make a post for giving me 10gold.

Ill have 10 people vote yes and 9 vote no.

Where's my money... that's what the current poll looks like.

No use at all.

Edited by whykillme
  • Like 1

The reason we started implementing this feature was because there was a lot of demand for it in a well known thread and we did not see a lot of opposition.

I agree that it is usually a bad idea especially in PvP environments which is why we have not allowed it as a service. It should probably not be possible without further code keeping track of previous names, which is why it the feature was stopped. It becomes complex. We do have other priorities but many players made it very clear that they wanted name changes at that time and few seemed to disagree.

If you think that we wanted to launch this for the money you are wrong. I'm really happy without it and we can come up with better money sinks. The price was set very high in order to deter people from using it. 10 or 20 silver would be a much better price range if we were after the money.

"The item is made already; makes the poll look like BS."

Well, the poll stopped the feature. If that's your definition of a worthless poll I don't know how we can ever please you.

• Like 19