Sign in to follow this  
Rathgar

Isnt Deliverance Beautiful ?

So, recently I decided to travel a bit.  I have been in Deliverance for almost an year, and I have only done some trips to Chaos, back in the days when it was just 20 players online on Chaos.

So I grabbed a backpack with some very basic tools, my Fo stattuete, some rope, the always indispensable carving knife, and some other assorted crap I had laying around and set off to the big island, Independence.

As I reached independence from the south shore, I was impressed with the geography, even the first sights looked promising.

As I reached the shore, there was a customs office!! I couldnt belive it, I thought to myself "People here are really well organiced."   And then I started travelling inland, on foot.

Oh, my friends, I started to miss Deliverance inmediately,  I found the place littered with tiny serpenting roads that would just die halfway up a mountain, great extensions of poop coloured tundra, and eventually a central market that makes Puzzle Plaza look like a golden palace!!!!

I didnt bother going all the way to the north coast, there were no icnredible constructions, just huge dirt terraces, dirt terraces everywhere.  

I rushed back to deliverance on the second day, even going back to the south coast was a hassle,  the only way to find the right path was ignoring all roads and going cross country.

I return to Deliverance with a new love for my homeland!  The infrastucture, the well placed tunnels, well signaled roads, how all the important places are linked in a cohesive way...  and the soft hills of the south-west, the beautiful soft hills of the south west!!

TL:DR:  Deliverance is beautiful!.

• Like 11

Independence was beautiful once, it's now haggard and grey, such is life

Deliverance is a well built server it has a large landmass to it so it makes travel over land easy and fast.

Edited by Kegan

TL:DR:  Deliverance is beautiful!.

"You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day"
  • Like 1

I have been on every server exclusive Beta and Alpha servers.

Deliverance is the most beautiful server next to the old JKH, which I have ever been on.

Edited by Sklo:D

I'll be that guy and say that I think, topography wise, Independence is the most interesting server. So much so, that in comparison, Deli/Exo/etc are boring. Having said that, people on every server do amazing things with their deeds. You'll see really cool stuff on all of the servers.

Sure, the smaller servers might have their roads networked a little better, but they also have flat lands for as far as the eye can see. So flat that even a majority of their mountains can be climbed without using the climb feature. The challenge that Inde's topography brought to the table is/was what makes it the best server, in my eyes. 

• Like 1

I agree, Deliverance is a beautiful Island. I made my alternate deed there on the day the server opened with a new character just south of Green Dog. I remain building with him there to this day and enjoy the simple mainly flat beauty of the deed within its enfolding woods, set up so that all travelers can pass through it on their way southward. Thus it shall remain well cared for as a visual effect of what can be created within Wurm for new and old players to take a pleasant stroll through on their way to other points beyond and back again.

Then again, at my main deed on Independence the terrain that it has been shaped within would tower above the several sloped up high points of mine on Deliverance; and so there I enjoy the stroll from the top central house down to the horse farm pens, which I tend almost each day to visit my venerable steeds and give them a pat or two after the crops are well tended. The deed remains well sealed off so that few have ever stepped within uninvited. Only the trolls that bash down the perimeter palisades may allow the stranger to wander inside against the surrounding deed wall fencing to wonder who would hide within its confines.

Each Island home has their distinct beauty and environment suited to different states of contemplation; thus, I could myself not hold one up above the other as far as the eye beholds their beauty. One's own vision always bends the truth to their liking, is my estimation. As I rarely venture far from my own little niches of these worlds I can say little of their whole, other than I am sure there are those who enjoy their small creations as much as I do mine.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

I agree, Deliverance is a beautiful Island. I made my alternate deed there on the day the server opened with a new character just south of Green Dog. I remain building with him there to this day and enjoy the simple mainly flat beauty of the deed within its enfolding woods, set up so that all travelers can pass through it on their way southward. Thus it shall remain well cared for as a visual effect of what can be created within Wurm for new and old players to take a pleasant stroll through on their way to other points beyond and back again.

Then again, at my main deed on Independence the terrain that it has been shaped within would tower above the several sloped up high points of mine on Deliverance; and so there I enjoy the stroll from the top central house down to the horse farm pens, which I tend almost each day to visit my venerable steeds and give them a pat or two after the crops are well tended. The deed remains well sealed off so that few have ever stepped within uninvited. Only the trolls that bash down the perimeter palisades may allow the stranger to wander inside against the surrounding deed wall fencing to wonder who would hide within its confines.

Each Island home has their distinct beauty and environment suited to different states of contemplation; thus, I could myself not hold one up above the other as far as the eye beholds their beauty. One's own vision always bends the truth to their liking, is my estimation. As I rarely venture far from my own little niches of these worlds I can say little of their whole, other than I am sure there are those who enjoy their small creations as much as I do mine.

=Ayes=

Is this the deed right above the lake were second chance use to be? (Believe it's called sanctuary?)

If so, I totally hate you! It's to beautiful >_<

I couldn't agree more.

I will never forget my first glimpse of Deli - I'd been playing about a month on crowded, ruin-strewn, maze-like, eternal-mountainside, deserted Indy, and Deliverance's beautiful gentle slopes and untouched forests blew me away. In fact, when I landed in the cove at what is now The Whispering Wood, I was struck by such a strong sense of the place's beauty that I was determined to keep that section of Deliverance as close to its original state as I could.

More than two years on, I've largely succeeded - the shape of the land, the placement of the forest, even a lot of the rolf-placed trees are still in their original positions.

I've sailed right around Deli a few times, and ridden across it many times, and the story is the same everywhere. By and large well kept deeds, roads that actually connect them or meaningfully lead to other places, and large expanses of true untouched wilderness remain.

• Like 2

Deli is nice.The steppe was breathtaking until people started building all over it :(.

Independence is my all time favorite server, because of the massive mountains and the innovation that people applied and are still applying to conquer them. Indy has some of the most impressive man-made things I've seen in the game, like the South Road Ramp, Magranon's Scar, Collosus Cannal, Hell's Kitchen, and Kinnos Cannal. Dragon Fang is my favorite mountain in the game. Within my first week of playing, I found a way up to the first ring, but I'm yet to make it to the very top. It must be awesome standing on the very top, where you can have a panoramic view of the entire server. Not to mention, Indy has a few mountain ranges that are still untouched even after all of these years. My favorite part of Indy has to be the southeastern area, with Sharfin Peak, Elysian Bay, Hermit Isle, and the Byzantium Cannal run by the Bearshark Alliance. For a while, I lived at Casteli Nemi west of Elysian bay. East of Elysian bay, there is a long winding road that goes all the way to the east coast. It goes on for half the radius of Deli, and it goes through mostly untouched forest in the middle of a barely inhabited mountain range. Indy has the most open space out of any Freedom server. It has twice the population of the smaller freedom servers, yet it has 4x the size.

Edited by Sir Arowhun
  • Like 1

Sure, Inde is interesting.. but Deliverance is still the most beautifull server :P

• Like 3

Is this the deed right above the lake were second chance use to be? (Believe it's called sanctuary?)

If so, I totally hate you! It's to beautiful >_<

No hating please but yes, that is my deed called The Sanctuary. I am pleased to hear that you find the beauty within it. I remember when my new guy first arrived there a few years ago, all that area along the lakeside within it now was but a raised meadow with a few scattered trees here and there. Several wolves seemed to be protecting it as their own and had to be lured away in order to place the deed. Once that task was finished, the deed was done! (as they say, in a different way) and the spot was safely now mine to shape as the further vision unfolded. Still to this day I do little touches to it here and there as time slowly passes within those sheltered woods, with the Guards! ever vigilant should their help be called upon.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

No hating please but yes, that is my deed called The Sanctuary. I am pleased to hear that you find the beauty within it. I remember when my new guy first arrived there a few years ago, all that area along the lakeside within it now was but a raised meadow with a few scattered trees here and there. Several wolves seemed to be protecting it as their own and had to be lured away in order to place the deed. Once that task was finished, the deed was done! (as they say, in a different way) and the spot was safely now mine to shape as the further vision unfolded. Still to this day I do little touches to it here and there as time slowly passes within those sheltered woods, with the Guards! ever vigilant should their help be called upon.

=Ayes=

it May be a "simple" village, but you have, by far, my favorite deed on this game, Period.

The way you enter in threw the gatehouse into the trees, then it opens up into a small little village.......I don't even know how to replicate it, but I am going to try very, very, hard one day. I walked threw that gate the first time, had to take a double glance, and my jaw dropped.  It's like entering a preserve made for druids :P

• Like 2

it May be a "simple" village, but you have, by far, my favorite deed on this game, Period.

The way you enter in threw the gatehouse into the trees, then it opens up into a small little village.......I don't even know how to replicate it, but I am going to try very, very, hard one day. I walked threw that gate the first time, had to take a double glance, and my jaw dropped.  It's like entering a preserve made for druids :P

You have discovered the essence within that I was instinctively attempting to convey. I can see how it would appeal to one of a druidic nature, as your name implies. The trees within Wurm are what has always made it most special to me and Deliverance had vast groupings of the varieties dominating the landscape upon its opening. Although my particular spot was lacking them, I was soon off collecting those most to my liking, of which cedars remain my favorite to this day. Woods are special places within Wurm and in the areas in which I live I attempt to keep them safe from the ravages of the axe.

Anyway, I wanted a place close to Green Dog that new players could pass through to see the beauty of the Wurm environment in a more natural state in which trees held the dominant position embracing the structures within them. They bring your attention to the more immediate surroundings by obscuring the distances and holding you within the smaller world of the present, I would say. Then there is the safety within their shade and fenced surroundings that can be retreated into, protecting all from the dangerous beasts lurking outside. So, hopefully it gives the new player a glimpse of what can be created within the fair lands of Deliverance and they might be lured into setting up their own special place in these lands, suitable to their liking.

These Island continents within Wurm are what players shape them into being and those with their own special touch can create varieties within that will appeal to others of like mind. If you create within them what is pleasing to your own nature, the fulfillment will be there for others to discover as they blink in familiarity of a dream they once had of a place in passing long ago, although where it once was, they may not be able to recall.

Safe travels,

=Ayes=

• Like 2

You have discovered the essence within that I was instinctively attempting to convey. I can see how it would appeal to one of a druidic nature, as your name implies. The trees within Wurm are what has always made it most special to me and Deliverance had vast groupings of the varieties dominating the landscape upon its opening. Although my particular spot was lacking them, I was soon off collecting those most to my liking, of which cedars remain my favorite to this day. Woods are special places within Wurm and in the areas in which I live I attempt to keep them safe from the ravages of the axe.

Anyway, I wanted a place close to Green Dog that new players could pass through to see the beauty of the Wurm environment in a more natural state in which trees held the dominant position embracing the structures within them. They bring your attention to the more immediate surroundings by obscuring the distances and holding you within the smaller world of the present, I would say. Then there is the safety within their shade and fenced surroundings that can be retreated into, protecting all from the dangerous beasts lurking outside. So, hopefully it gives the new player a glimpse of what can be created within the fair lands of Deliverance and they might be lured into setting up their own special place in these lands, suitable to their liking.

These Island continents within Wurm are what players shape them into being and those with their own special touch can create varieties within that will appeal to others of like mind. If you create within them what is pleasing to your own nature, the fulfillment will be there for others to discover as they blink in familiarity of a dream they once had of a place in passing long ago, although where it once was, they may not be able to recall.

Safe travels,

=Ayes=

Well, I must thank you for putting your work into it. if nothing else, It makes me strive to one day be able to do something similar.

....and now I feel like going there again...

• Like 1