Sign in to follow this  
RedBaron_Johan

Should We Make Player Name Change Available For A Fee?

Player Name Change?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. Should in game character Name Change be available for a fee?

• Yes, I would like the option for players to change their names.
    • No, I do not want player name changes in the game.

Poll Time!

In light of recent topics and discussions, we have decided to make this poll.

We will not however guarantee that the results equals implementation.

The poll will not be open indefinitely so tell your fellow Wurmians!

No, this is nonsense.

Edit:

They already had their minds set to make them possible no matter the outcome of this poll!

Edited by Brunwulf
  • Like 5

I liked the idea that was suggested before by someone where you could do "/history playername" and see his previous names. If that is implemented too, I'm for it

• Like 48

I like the idea in theory, PvP could get quite confusing not knowing anyones skills though

+1 You don't know anyones skill anyway, plus after a few fights that becomes a non issue. If it is a command for player name history would work.

Edited by Suntzu

Sure, give the option. I think many would appreciate it.

Edited by Chiqa
  • Like 1

No! The only way I see it acceptable is if there's a way to track a player's name to their original account name, and any changes made thereafter.

I'm all for name changes, but I think there should definitely be a timer like with deeds, maybe a year? Otherwise it could be used effectively as a bit of a trolling tool. Also as Brqqq said, a way of viewing a players' past names would be a welcome feature too :)

• Like 9

Only if there is a completely solid and no issue way to keep track of the previous names of everyone, and even at that I'm hesitant. I really don't think people should be allowed to change their names, but if it does come it, then I would only be ok with my previous statement.

sounds good to me IF there is a way for everybody to find out who changed what name.. maybe a section in the forum where name changes will be posted automatically

When wurm has thousands of players inthe future you aren't going to be able to keep track of everyones name anyway.

• Like 1

No, this opens up too many issues with every aspect of the game, does not matter if they are traceable or not. It will only help those with bad reputations escape their pasts, removing a key element to this game.

Edited by Aristia
  • Like 3

Based on that Suntzu, then I am completely against name changes in any form.

+1

10-20 silver ( or only aviable in the shop for real money) and a restricted to once per char.

It should be a chance to choose a name when you didn´t thought twice at the creation or got other issues with your name, not a

gameplay related feature.

(i don´t pvp in wurm, but i see the issues for i pvped in a lot of other games)

• Like 1

If something like this is put in then don't allow players to take other players names!

It will cause so much trouble. Imo, just don't implement this.

Seems like many people believe there will be a massive rush to change names and begin griefing or to get away from bad reputation.  If this happens, so what, we move on.  Even the PvP side will learn to live with it.  I would think the PvPers would like some sort of name change so that the people they remember fondly ,but sold out, do not become a name that they no longer want to remember.

I do believe a time limit should be in place, as well as sufficient cost to prevent casual name changing.

• Like 2

+1

Main concerns and what was been suggested before, just make it possible to see / track all name changes, then i see no issues there.

I myself would pay whatever the fee will be to change 2-3 of my alt names :P

Like for an example, i was considering to sell one of my created alts with one of my original names, and i would never sell it simply cause i dont want someone else running around and possibly trashing down my name, you know..

Edited by DonAngelo

+1. I like the idea. However, please keep in mind that many people have been requiring additional features to avoid scams:

- a way to track namechanges of players

- a limitaion of possible namechanges per year

Also old names should be blocked for a while (a year or so) to avoid missuse of trust.

• Like 5

i dont think this will end well at all its just not a good idea. and it makes me feel like wurm is starting to become a pay to win game if this was put into game. i just dont like it nor think it should be implemented.

Edited by Giget

If this were to be implemented, there are lots of potential issues that others have brought up.

For one, we would need a /whois command that work work on old names and new names, showing all the changes. For example: "/whois ianrose" would output into Event: "Ianrose is now known as Bashur" and doing a "/whois bashur" would output into Event: "Bashur was previously known as Ianrose"

This is ABSOLUTELY necessary in a persistent world game where we have to worry about griefers and thieves.

Second, it needs to be pretty limited, say once per character per RL year?

An important note: with a command like /whois, old names that no longer exist need to be blocked.. so that no one can make a new account with the old name. That gets too confusing and muddles up the situation.

Edited by ianrose
  • Like 8

This just feels like an awful can of wurms to get into to be honest, and we'll most likely be plagued with problems for months and months.

• Like 1