Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

A Few Custom Kingdom Changes

Anyone bother checking the walls in regard to protection from arrows and other ranged attacks?

Anyone bother checking the walls in regard to protection from arrows and other ranged attacks?

They dont give any.

They dont give any.

Absolutely none, or on par with a low wall?

Absolutely none, or on par with a low wall?

Probably on par with a low wall, but not sure how that would be tested. Not worth casting anyway.

That was totally out of the blue right?

Guess noone gets to have any fun.

As I said, his timer is one second, walls are just springing up all around Judicator, faster than a player who is in hurting status in full plate can move if the caster was quick.  He doesn't wall him in faster because he oddly makes like a 3x1 instead of a simple 1x1.  You can't interrupt or stop it at that timer, lost karma cost, and no cooldown.  Again it's /very/ rare anyone who has the spell (like you do), or is one the side that has it, is openly going to agree it's broken, but I don't have to convince you.  I told you why I think it's broken, and there's a video of it being casted in 1 second timer.  I look at that video and to me it seems very overpowered they could be tossed up so fast, I am not saying you have to agree because I know you won't for other reasons, but the changes luckily changed this from being further spammed.  

The thing about spells is you should have the right to react, you cast Phantasms, you're warned, you see a pillar spell, you move, but here it was too little time to react to have a fair chance.  

Edited by Postes

As I said, his timer is one second, walls are just springing up all around Judicator, faster than a player who is in hurting status in full plate can move if the caster was quick.  He doesn't wall him in faster because he oddly makes like a 3x1 instead of a simple 1x1.  You can't interrupt or stop it at that timer, lost karma cost, and no cooldown.  Again it's /very/ rare anyone who has the spell (like you do), or is one the side that has it, is openly going to agree it's broken, but I don't have to convince you.  I told you why I think it's broken, and there's a video of it being casted in 1 second timer.  I look at that video and to me it seems very overpowered they could be tossed up so fast, I am not saying you have to agree because I know you won't for other reasons, but the changes luckily changed this from being further spammed.  

The thing about spells is you should have the right to react, you cast Phantasms, you're warned, you see a pillar spell, you move, but here it was too little time to react to have a fair chance.  

You also can see how he has to be pretty much on the border to cast the spell, and how he also has to be moving from place to place to cast them. He is also in plate, and has hurting status, i don't think he would be faster than anyone else who was walking around with him.

Only way i could see someone getting stuck would be web armor, but guess what, that works for pillars too. I can see someone being stuck on a pillar a lot easier than being walled in, as they have so many more tiles they have to go though, and the pillar itself will give hurting status.

I stated earlier that you could stop it, bash someone, they cant move or cast, and they need to move to each border to stick a wall up there.

Rolf removed that I believe, Acer, after it bugged out because if people weren't logged in and 15 on, it would disband.  I don't think he ever fixed it.  

Yes, Nosyt, someone caught outside may be able to get back in, but if someone is baiting or 20+ tiles away, and someone walls up the door, backup can't get out to help.  

He didn't tell me that a month ago. Any how i just did a head count and KoS is actually well over the 40 character count :), Hopefully i can maintain that and grow even more.

Gotta say, I'm impressed. The spell was casted once in pvp and already hit with a nerf. Gotta hand it to you JK, you sure know how to get things your way. I hope it helps you win. 

Sorry, TWICE actully or you dont remember the time u walled of Judicator? And the second time were by the capehorn fight. 

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, September 27, 2013 - Trolling, perm
Hidden by Jberg, September 27, 2013 - Trolling, perm

YioDl43.jpg

• Like 7

Can we all just step back and appreciate the fact that this was nerfed based on a hypothetical scenario that has not actually happened despite the spell being out for two months?

• Like 3

Sorry Rolf, but worst update ever.

PMK's should be 25 players to form, titles only work with 2% and disband at 10-15 active premium players.

Magical Wall - when I first heard about this spell I figured it would be a permanent magical wall with a new graphic (long cast timer high karma cost) Seeing it in combat though I had to laugh, sure it was fast but they dissapeared quickly. (Bugs aside, I never experienced those)

It takes a long time for people to obtain these abilities and a lot of hard work for just a chance at them.

I'm fine with tweaks, adjustments and bug fixes these are new things to the game after all. But just be cautious as with time comes change and as more things are unlocked and more people unlock them do you really want useless abilities as a reward you've worked hard for?

Cheers

Edited by Gregory
  • Like 5

Here's an idea, lets everyone start being honest and make a thread openly stating every detail of your buff, debuff and spell. This way we can all openly discuss what may or may not need to be done about it for the sake of balance.

• Like 3

Here's an idea, lets everyone start being honest and make a thread openly stating every detail of your buff, debuff and spell. This way we can all openly discuss what may or may not need to be done about it for the sake of balance.

It's a nice idea but not really realistic given the inherit nature of the spells, debuffs and buffs on a PvP server. It also removes the element of surprise and 1/2 the fun and mystery if them.

From what I've seen of them none of them are game changers or overpowered. I just think its way to early to start crying nerf on everything (sure fix bugs) and with dozens more to discover where's the fun in that?

Ah I get it. The reason we were excluded from the discussion was because JK didn't want to publicly reveal how BL's spells work. How considerate!

I think you will find that despite the usual cries of BL vs WL, its more that no one wants to be open about their new toys no matter how bad they feel about them being a wee OP.

I'm sure rolf being the master code with his pro gm team know what the code does and was well tested before it was implement, no game developer in there right mind would put and untested feature in to live game where players pay for.. that would be ubsurd.

Hell even a little brainstorming with a well versed group of the gms would have consider this right?

• Like 2

It's a good idea Sme but I just don't think people will be that honest.

That was pretty much my point, if we cant be open about what we have then we can hardly expect an open discussion about changes ;)

• Like 1

BOOOOOOOOOOO

Another bad patch and perfect example that the only changes that ever get made are the ones whispered into Rolf's ear to make a ninja nerf based on a small group's opinion. There are a dozen great suggestions on the forums that have been well discussed and refined and needed tweaks, but instead he makes things worse. The 40 player PMK requirement is too high! It's great that we finally have pmk's popping up and that will kill them. 20 sounds more appropriate.

Changes to spells need to have a discussion on the forums first! And they should have their bugs fixed to make sure the spell is actually working properly before nerfing it on just a handful of experiences.

then why didnt Rolf and the dev team talk to the two people with the spell? hell even include people that know how it works? nobody who ACTUALLY knows how it works was involved in any discussion..... seems like it was between people who sort of knew roughly maybe possibly what it could and couldnt do maybe?

Jesus if a dev actually said to Kag and Inventor "we need to look at the spell" im 100% sure they would say ok lets talk. And like common society an agreement could have been made that was neither OP nor useless (or atleast close enough). 

Sign in to follow this