Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

A Few Custom Kingdom Changes

lol realy nice first we have need 50 pl to make pmk than 15 ppl and now 40 ppl what the hell what for noob give rolf ever this ideas

late us play make wurm better and give away the confus ideas

we need a real stone bridge no that come not but ever mkae wurm harder to play for new guys

• Like 11

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Hordern, September 26, 2013 - Chaos squabbles spilling in to the wrong board.
Hidden by Hordern, September 26, 2013 - Chaos squabbles spilling in to the wrong board.

Y'all can thank Chaos MR for this update haha, glad I disbanded, jesus

i sense that you are angry, calm down.

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Hordern, September 26, 2013 - Chaos squabbles spilling in to the wrong board.
Hidden by Hordern, September 26, 2013 - Chaos squabbles spilling in to the wrong board.

Y'all can thank Chaos MR for this update haha, glad I disbanded, jesus

Totally. MR is evil.

I am pretty sure that Rolf is able to make his own decisions. And he may havemade this one because he doesn't like his system to be abused, similar to Champ points. He may not like it if a PMK allies and breaks the alliance every 5 hours to then re-ally. That's a simple work around of his system.

It's just so obviously wrong, I am sorry if you don't see it.

Just a theory though, unless he gives insight to his reasoning for this. ;)

There's no need to poke out accusations here - MR could also have founded another PMK, its not like 1g is such an issue if a few ppl chip in.

Edited by Balmore

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Hordern, September 26, 2013 - Chaos squabbles spilling in to the wrong board.

Normally I'd throw Nadroj under the bus at this point by pointing out he is Rolf's favorite; however, I don't do that anymore... nope.

• Like 2

View hidden Post

Butterdups, that is a blatant lie. We had nothing to do with your PMK being disbanded. You abused a game mechanic and should have been banned for doing so.

You don't want to follow down that road, Lance.

• Like 2

View hidden Post

You don't want to follow down that road, Lance.

Follow who?

;)

Gotta say, I'm impressed. The spell was casted once in pvp and already hit with a nerf. Gotta hand it to you JK, you sure know how to get things your way. I hope it helps you win.

You castes it on judicator a few times at hota, the fight at capehorn, and kagrenac used it against kingdom of sol in pvp. Just for the record.

• Like 2

View hidden Post

Butterdups, that is a blatant lie. We had nothing to do with your PMK being disbanded. You abused a game mechanic and should have been banned for doing so.

Sorry to intrude, but I haven't been following the public threads much on this PMK fiasco that happened on Wild.  Where was it stated publically that anyone abused anything that may or may not warrant some form of punishment?  Can't seem to find the thread regarding a statement that someone blatantly abused some game mechanic, so anyone that can steer me to the thread, thanks a bunch.

I would like to know why PMK alliances were changed.. yes the flipping on and off was dumb, but why did pmk alliances been to be removed entirely? o.o

Edited by Hordern
Removed reference to hidden posts but left in a relevant query.

Offhand Id presume similar reasons as for the founding change. At least while a PMK still squeaks out of the packaging.

For those of you wondering why a bunch of posts have been removed, you know why. Stop it.

All i would like to know is what is this "extra power" that has caused all these changes? 

If one the main issues with PMK was gaining the titles make it so that titles are available based on population.

Say one title available every 5 premium citizens or something.

Also have a preset order with one or two of the nicer titles at the back of the list so a kingdom couldn't just get the three favourites and ignore the rest.

• Like 2

A while back when we had a number of BL trapped in a mine door and they cast that low stone wall spell, a few people had it cast on them and even after the walls disappeared they couldn't move, so if that hasn't been fixed then...

Also 40 is too high, should be 25-30

Did you have animations on?

Because there is an animation bug that still exists where the wall goes into the ground before it actually should disappear, been reported but doesn't look like its been fixed yet.

Its kinda silly to nerf it with no discussion, even though it had a 1s cast timer before you still had to be standing still for 3-4 seconds for the game to stop thinking you were moving while casting.

This nerf makes it into a spell that is only useful at minehops/raids Not even, could only use it if people were really slow on picking up on it.

Can we start saying nerf worgs and truestrike?(not sure how you have 2 spells anyway, since the only items JK received were the tome for fireball and then the uttacha slime)

Edited by Kagrenac

It's hard to have discussions sometimes that relate to kingdoms and PvP.  

Well yeah, but its better to have some discussion than just have a nerf come down from someone whispering in rolfs ear in IRC

That really is one of the biggest issues in wurm, a couple people can get things changed without any discussion about it.

• Like 2

Well yeah, but its better to have some discussion than just have a nerf come down from someone whispering in rolfs ear in IRC

That really is one of the biggest issues in wurm, a couple people can get things changed without any discussion about it.

Right, I agree, but look at the alternative.  I check this thread, and I just see a lot of victimizing and lies.  I don't mean to start a fight, but Inventor posts and bolds/increases his text saying it was casted once, but that's untrue.  It's been used several times before.  So it's hard sometimes to reach an agreement if people aren't honest.  

from 50 to 15 to 40....seems a bit of a stupid change honestly. On both chaos and epic only one additional kingdom was formed with the 15 player change, KoS and TDL. It's not like they were being excessively spammed due to only needing 15 players. Gathering 40 players together is no easy feat, especially as they can no longer hope to ally with an existing kingdom for early protection while they set up. 

Don't get me wrong, i don't think kingdoms should be able to ally tbh, it opens the game up to too many kingdom titled players fighting alongside each other with CR bonuses + 3 types of champions and more religious advisors/royal priests. But i do think 40 players is too steep to expect people to be able to pull off realistically, wurm isn't exactly a heavily populated game, particularly on elevation and chaos.

• Like 6

• Since custom kingdoms are meant to be a community feature and not a way to gain extra powers, the requirements to form one has been increased again to 40 players

So again PMK will be dead feature:

Dear Rolf and Devs just look realistic: do you think it is possible to get permanent number of 40 ppl with current population on EPIC ?? 

PvP become alive on Epic since for example KOS was established.

System with only 3 kingdoms is not efficient to keep PvP going on.

What's more I can't imagine how to form Kingdom on Chaos now..... lol....  with average 60 ppl online....

This patch is step back.

You could make kingdom progression like this simple example:

15 ppl  Kingdom established : No Titles and bonus

25 ppl  3 kingdom titles (offices)

30 ppl  6 kingdom titles (offices)

and so on.....

There is so many better ways of implementation instead of increasing and decreasing number of required players to form PMK,

This is simple example for purpose to reach the goal to avoid abusing PMK by small group of players.

Edited by vill
  • Like 3

Did you have animations on?

Because there is an animation bug that still exists where the wall goes into the ground before it actually should disappear, been reported but doesn't look like its been fixed yet.

Its kinda silly to nerf it with no discussion, even though it had a 1s cast timer before you still had to be standing still for 3-4 seconds for the game to stop thinking you were moving while casting.

This nerf makes it into a spell that is only useful at minehops/raids Not even, could only use it if people were really slow on picking up on it.

Can we start saying nerf worgs and truestrike?(not sure how you have 2 spells anyway, since the only items JK received were the tome for fireball and then the uttacha slime)

I didn't have animations on but im pretty sure others did and didn't see the walls, i don't really remember

And i agree it's dumb to nerf stuff without some discussion although at the same time what posteh said is true, a number of people will act the victim or just straight of lie/say untruths 

Anyway a 1x1 spell with a 10 second cast timer is just dumb, should be like 5 seconds so its not instant but at the same time can get someone

Also the standing still before casting all depends on your latency to the server, me personally, i only have to stop for about half a second for the game to catch up

Right, I agree, but look at the alternative.  I check this thread, and I just see a lot of victimizing and lies.  I don't mean to start a fight, but Inventor posts and bolds/increases his text saying it was casted once, but that's untrue.  It's been used several times before.  So it's hard sometimes to reach an agreement if people aren't honest.  

I used it once, attempted to use it again and got aflac bugged in it, I had only seen inventor use it once, though i guess it was used more than that. Each cast gives you a Waller achievement, I have 29. I used 7 walls v kos, and 3-4 bugging aflac out, the rest were doing stuff like testing how long it lasted, walling people in for fun, ect.

Really, it was used an incredibly small amount of times to warrant a nerf, and now it's a useless spell that has pretty much no applications.

I was under the assumption that the sorcery abilities were supposed to be strong to offset the vulnerability, while i guess now its just get good resistances, avoid bad vulnerabilities, as that way you don't have to bother risking a staff and can just passively get stronger.

The only way it was useful in open field pvp, which is what really is the most common on epic, was if you could get 5-6 walls down, but that is impossible with the new cast timer. I would think the only way you could get caught(without a ton of walls being spammed) before was if you were web armored or didn't realize what was happening, as the distance that this spell can be cast is pretty much 0.

Even if it had a 5s timer, that is still 20s to enclose a tile, noone is going to be standing still for that long.

Edited by Kagrenac
  • Like 1

Just stop leave pmks alone no more ideas please...

KOS started with 15, we have also grown alot and brought a good balance to elevation and have been encouraging pvp.

Leave that stupid change for chaos, if you disband our pmk over some chaos whiners thats just stupid... GG.

• Like 11

You're never going to see another pmk on epic now. I have very high doubts for chaos too. 

If you want people to ever buy another PMK forum, it can't be the average population of an entire server to make one.

• Like 2

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, September 27, 2013 - OT
Hidden by Jberg, September 27, 2013 - OT

pY627KU.jpg

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this