Sign in to follow this  
Aum

Pristine Impalong! At Blossom Market Nov21-Dec5 2013, (Completed)

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by sunsvortex, November 22, 2013 - Cleanup
Hidden by sunsvortex, November 22, 2013 - Cleanup

I cannot understand how you associate this with yourself at all.

No one is asking you to. And I don't appreciate you trying to make this personal with your insults.

DoND is something that is very dear to my heart. I've put a lot of hard work and effort into getting it to where it is now. I consider DoND to be my "signature" event. If someone is going to publicly announce that they will be hosting/playing games of DoND without asking my opinion or giving any credit, I stand up for myself. I'm sure many of you in the same situation would as well.

Edited by Gumbo

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, November 22, 2013 - Cleanup
Hidden by sunsvortex, November 22, 2013 - Cleanup

No one is asking you to. And I don't appreciate you trying to make this personal with your insults.

DoND is something that is very dear to my heart. I've put a lot of hard work and effort into getting it to where it is now. I consider DoND to be my "signature" event. If someone is going to publicly announce that they will be hosting/playing games of DoND without asking my opinion or giving any credit, I stand up for myself. I'm sure many of you in the same situation would as well.

YOU are the one making this personal, by acting like anyone owes you something because of Deal or No Deal. (like i said earlier, did you pitch this to the networks?)

YOU are the one throwing insults acting as if Aum has plagiarized you in some way

YOU  are the one crying for attention because someone is enjoying themselves and helping others without asking you first lol

Aum, you should have a mod wipe these posts off topic from this thread, so anyone with information or something to say about the impalong that matters isn't bothered by this clutter, and thanks for what you are doing ;)

^ Credit where credit is due

DoND is something that is very dear to my heart, and I consider it to be my "signature" event here in Wurm. I've put a lot of hard work and effort into getting it to where it is. If someone publicly announces that they'll be hosting/playing games of DoND without asking my opinion or giving any credit, I will stand up to protect my creativity. I'm sure many of you in the same situation would as well.

• Like 1

I give full respect to Gumbo for bringing DoND into Wurm, and I am very thankful you did so Gumbo it looks like alot of fun to host and be a part of in a Wurm setting!. 

I Fully intended to give you that credit here.

I Hope you will wish us luck in our first game here on pristine!

I give full respect to Gumbo for bringing DoND into Wurm, and I am very thankful you did so Gumbo it looks like alot of fun to host and be a part of in a Wurm setting!. 

I Fully intended to give you that credit here.

I Hope you will wish us luck in our first game here on pristine!

Aum, Just call it Wheelin and Dealing or some other silly name and be rid of this pest messing with your great contribution to the players of Pristine and Release. I am sure many others such as myself have never attended this other name stealers event nor would have any desire to.

On the more positive note, your whole deed has turned out great and many players have already dropped by to attend this Impalong, which they have perhaps never experienced before and would have been unable to experience on the other connected servers due to this fond isolation. I am sure a good time will be had by all and names of "games" will soon be faded memories while the enjoyment of sharing this experience will remain as a strong and positive one to reflect back upon.

I am sure it will be a great success and the contributors will be appreciated for their hard work and beneficent nature. While all the activity would shatter the eardrums of my guy nearby there, would I allow his ears to experience Wurm soundings, the sense of enjoyment still does penetrate his senses as he might wander by, drop in to imp something or other and then wander on to his more quiet reflections amongst the wooded lands. 

Best Wishes,

=Ayes=

• Like 4

absolutely smashing Impalong so far, if you havent been around yet... what the hell are you waiting for  :D

cu there again tomorrow  B)

• Like 1

this impalong is going great.

lots of Hot food. games. and local is jam packed!

come join us!

Lets get some more priests to show up on a semi regular basis and get the Sermons going. :)

Plenty of stuff for the Priests to cast on in the church :)

DoND is something that is very dear to my heart, and I consider it to be my "signature" event here in Wurm. I've put a lot of hard work and effort into getting it to where it is. If someone publicly announces that they'll be hosting/playing games of DoND without asking my opinion or giving any credit, I will stand up to protect my creativity. I'm sure many of you in the same situation would as well.

You have no right to force your will upon others, as there are no rules being broken. All you can ask for is respect. Anything further will be considered harassment.

• Like 4

I just read your post in the thread about Wurm protecting peoples Intellectual property and I'm not sure you're understanding what it's about. I'm not specifically talking about DoND, that was an example that was used.

Judging by your reply to the thread, it seems it's been decided that Wurm won't protect any players "intellectual property". But that is kind of unclear. If that's the case I wish you would state that as opposed to making it sound like I'm trying to impose my will on anybody. It was a discussion on where Wurn stands in all this. Not a discussion on whether or not others can host games of DoND.

If Wurn is not going to protect peoples ideas as their own, it creates an atmosphere where less and less people will want to try to create new things in the game. As I see it, that is harmful to the game.

All the best,
Gumbo

I just read your post in the thread about Wurm protecting peoples Intellectual property and I'm not sure you're understanding what it's about. I'm not specifically talking about DoND, that was an example that was used.

Judging by your reply to the thread, it seems it's been decided that Wurm won't protect any players "intellectual property". But that is kind of unclear. If that's the case I wish you would state that as opposed to making it sound like I'm trying to impose my will on anybody. It was a discussion on where Wurn stands in all this. Not a discussion on whether or not others can host games of DoND.

If Wurn is not going to protect peoples ideas as their own, it creates an atmosphere where less and less people will want to try to create new things in the game. As I see it, that is harmful to the game.

All the best,

Gumbo

1. Drop it

2. This thread has nothing to do with it anymore so this is the wrong place to post about it

3. He addressed your cries about dond because that is all everyone talked about

4. PM him to discuss it further

5. Get over it.

• Like 2

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, November 24, 2013 - trolling
Hidden by sunsvortex, November 24, 2013 - trolling

All you can ask for is respect.

Come on Xor... give me your respect... pretty please... I'll keep asking until you do.

lol

x-))) we got sermons going.

still lots of stuff being imped and games.

local is full of people. 

this is great.

if your not here.

you should be.

• Like 2

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by sunsvortex, November 24, 2013 - OT, trolling
Hidden by sunsvortex, November 24, 2013 - OT, trolling

Come on Xor... give me your respect... pretty please... I'll keep asking until you do.

lol

All the best,

Gumbo

Fascinating, you're obviously quite delusional.

This is a fantastic event. Thanks to the organizers for putting it together, and thanks for letting us lowbies imp up some skill-gains :)

Wilca

• Like 1

It puts a huge smile on my face to see everyone come together , play, learn, and interact and contribute every little bit of quality, Thank you all tremendously!

untill tmrw =)

• Like 3

It puts a huge smile on my face to see everyone come together , play, learn, and interact and contribute every little bit of quality, Thank you all tremendously!

untill tmrw =)

I'm glad to see so many people willing to help others at this event

I hope the remainders of this event is just as fun and crazy as it is now

I have some unexpected errands to run this morning so ill not be able to host any games today.  possibly some night fishing when i get back!

What no Fishing contest noooo, my life has no sense now *jumpdownacliff*

Tomorrow is the grand opening of Dksprockets most evil and awesome Maze! I must say its some fantastic work they did. I definitely recommend getting lost in there!

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/91775-pristine-impalong-maze-grand-opening-and-race-with-prizes/

we are also going to attempt a RoS cast about 1 hour after that so make sure to be online and use up your sleep bonus!

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/91841-ros-cast-saturday-november-30th-11-pm-central-eu-time-10-pm-uk-gmt-5pm-eastern-2pm-pacific/

And Join us before that for more  fishing competition rounds and our first game of "Master Su Chef"! (pan filling) where you will have to prepare a number of odd sounding recipes for our audience the fastest =)

Impalong is Officially over!  and what a spectacular time i had partying with all of you!

it was a truly enlightening experience =)

i will be on over the next few weeks to hand out anything you guys cant pick up

more updates to come on this post, i was stuck driving in snow all day so i wasn't able to be on

again Thank you all!

heaps n heaps

• Like 3

Thanks a lot for putting this all together! 

As my first impalong i didn't really know what to expect (except the obvious imping stuff for people)   i went up there a bit unprepaired for how much fun it was going to be!   I got to meet and talk to a lot of people i didn't know and some friends from back home (i am based on Release)

Thanks again for doing this.. and look forward to a next years event

• Like 3

I want to thank everyone too! Had a blast, major increases in skills, got some nice enchants, and met a lot of great people. 

Wilca

• Like 3

Although I no longer play on the new cluster, I kept an eye on Impalong, and I think you made a great job.

Well done, AUM! :D

thanks for hosting the impalong Aum, it was a great event maybe we`ll see us again at the next impalong on Pristine or Rlease