Photo

Pristine Impalong! At Blossom Market Nov21-Dec5 2013, (Completed)

impalong pristine

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

#1 Aum

Aum

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:17 AM

BAkCjIz.jpg

I believe this to be one of the greatest community events in wurm, I have heard much about it and seen some screens, but I have never been to one.
now that I can do my fair share of the improving I would love to participate in one along with everyone who joins in.
And certainly I would love to host it for Pristine and Release, and so I shall!

What's an Impalong?
Its a player created event cherished by many, immortalized by Willow, a mass gathering of community to come together and party, improve each others wares, enjoy each others company, play games and celebrate the true freedom of Wurm!

Who should come?
EVERYONE! and anyone who likes to party!

Skilled players who would like to give back to community,

New players needing a bit more ql on their tools and weapons.

What should I bring?
Your personal items that Need improving

Your Tools if you would like to help improve other players items
A branded horse of your village allows you to lead it out of the deed pens safely.

A Secure cart to store your belongings in during games and races.

What should I leave behind?

Dead weight, the kitchen sink, 6 longswords.

Where is the Pristine Impalong?
At Blossom market  Y29 - X17
OKMddoW.jpg

When is it?
November 21st to December 5th !

Whats Provided?
-Priest area for sermons, Secure Imping buildings, Imping materials, Food, Games!

public beds are 10i. there is no way to make them free, but if you need 10i just ask me!
Celeia will be providing all things fluffy! trait reading, genesis casts , horse breeding!

Dksprocket's Magnificent Maze!

A Lovely and very tricky maze, that will be standing well after impalong x)

Games?
~ I will Host games as I can
-Scavenger Hunt! teams set out to collect a random list of items from around the nearby game world. (fun but needs work. back to the drawing board!)
-Pan Filling! "Master Su Chef" a 1v1 elimination race to fill a number of pans with various ingredients the fastest, as players are eliminated the number of pans goes up, all meals will go to feed the impalong :P
-All kinds of RACES! from cows to boats, long and short distances.
-Fishing competition! you will have 30 minutes to catch 5 different kinds of fish.
-Sparing arena! battle it out with spatchula's frying pans, A felled tree? who knows!
-Deal or No Deal (made famous by Gumbo)! Hosted by Aum and Explora
-The Pristine Triathlon! teams of 2 will have to work together to cross the finish line.

Building event! attach a brick to the Obelisk have your name immortalized when its finished!

After Party?!?! Massive hunting party on the last day.

How do you Impalong?!?
in the secure buildings are forges and coffins with signs, you may drop and item in it without anyone else being able to pick it up besides yourself and the main trusted helpers.
anyone can imp these items but only you can pick it back up. sometimes you loose the ability to pick it back up after logging off to long, in that case myself or a trusted helper can return the item to you.
if of course you Name your items!

-additional note: be careful not to drop your items in someone elses backpack or container.

materials are in a separate central building, Crafters will be given access to this building. and we can pass out lumps to anyone else who would like to join in imping

Every bit of quality you add is appreciated by someone =).

~
A Huge thanks to the helpers and builders, I will name them here!
Tyden,Draygone,Davan,Drayka,Arathorn,DarkShadow,Tacha,LadyGodiva,Explora,DkSprocket,Blastspawn,Shindar,Acaos,Eldoro

~
A Huge thanks also for the prize donations!! Listed below:

[Samvimes ~ 6x 5 speed horses]-

[Coastis ~ 3x 90QL Lanters,5x 80+QL Rakes,A nice set of 80ql Horseshoes with 60+WoA]-

[LadyGodiva ~ 8x Gold neclace, 8x Silver neclace,20x Gold Rings,20x Silver Rings]-

[Eldoro ~ 1 Rare puppet]-

[Rayker ~ 1 set of plate armor with extra helmets]

[Wraithefoe ~ Rare Arrow, Rare Grindstone, Shiny tools!]
~

A very sweet thank you to the GM team for coming to party and bringing us on boat rides! sailing will never be the same =)

~

Day 1:  Impalong is totaly cooool! TY Willow! -Elvidur took first place for the scavenger hunt. Grats!
Day 2:  A great turnout continues Thank you everyone for coming! -Drayka took 1st place for the scavenger hunt, Kaine took 1st place for the fishing competition. Grats!
Day 3:  Imp Imp Imp!      Imp Imp Imp!    Ting Ting Ting!    schfle schfle schfle!  We Imped and had sermons!

Day 4:  Who knew fishing could so soo fun?!

Day 5:  Real Life Needed some Imping :P

Day 6:  we Imped all day =)

Day 7:  and imped....

Day 8:  Happy Thanksgiving to all! and Thank you for giving. !!

Day 9:  What no fishing?!

Day 10: Dksprocket reveals his creation for the impalong, a master maze! , and a masterpiece!

Day 11: Our first game of DoND !!! and another race through Sprockets maze! Big  grats to the winners!

Day 12: Impalong Wisdom: he who brings the most waits the longest!

Day 13: The Obelisk gets some attention. I will post here when its done! Thank you for your mark!

Day 14: \o/ we made it, huge success! no reported casualties.

P.S. mmmm Yum, strawberry juice!

Edited by Aum, 19 December 2013 - 12:48 PM.

One click can change the world

#2 Killerterreur

Killerterreur

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:37 AM

Ok nice, I think most people will like this Contest.

#3 Lei

Lei

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:04 AM

I've been waiting all year to hear about this! Thanks for hosting Aum! Can't wait to attend!

Leifar of Vynora's Harborage, Xanadu.

#4 whykillme

whykillme

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,042 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

GTA5 is released 22 November for PC.. maybe we should move this a week ? :)

stp maek blabla

#5 Chulirac

Chulirac

Villager

• Game Master
  • 573 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:06 PM

I'll be there to help with Chainsmithing (currently 82 skill)

#6 Sweety

Sweety

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

Really nice idea, Aum! :)

If you're looking for some more idea about what you can do on the impalong, in terms of contests / events, here is one event I really enjoyed how it was organized: http://forum.wurmonl...wurmstock-2013/

One other thing other than imps and contests, I would really love to see would be a community project, which would "force" us to actually work together towards a common goal, but also stand on as a living memory of the Impalong. Dunno maybe raise a small island in the water, just enough to build a Collosus on it and have everyone help with building mats, attaching, etc and have it raised from scratch to complete during Impalong. You could eventually just add a new one on every edition. :) What do you think?

Cheers,

Alex

Edited by Sweety, 20 September 2013 - 10:04 PM.

I appreciate those people who come with logic arguments in a debate, but I feel only pity for those who relay on ad-hominem attacks instead. But hey, haters gonna hate, isn't it?  :)

#7 Wraithglow

Wraithglow

Villager

• Chat Moderator
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:19 PM

Races races races! boat races! cow races! horse races!

I love these events, but after hosting (summer fayre) I always need a week off from burnout lol - will be nice to attend one as a guest.

I'll be there, and can do carpentry (plus fine carp and bowyery).

If you need anything carp related imped up before the event (looms or belltowers for example) let me know.

Isle of Artificers

#8 crustulummonstri

crustulummonstri

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:51 AM

I am new to blacksmithing and would like to come help. Skill is low but by then I should be able to imp to atleast 50 ql and maybe this will get my skill up :) May I be a worker?

#9 Stewen

Stewen

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:14 AM

Great idea! :)
Ill also come with my blacksmith ("only" 60).

#10 Eagleyee

Eagleyee

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:31 PM

id love to come along and help if possible :) thankyou aum for hosting and starting this :D i loved impalong before i quit

Hey what can i say im a noob born and bred. DarkRavager - Pristine

#11 Celeia

Celeia

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:44 AM

:wub: SOUNDS AWESOME!!!!! :wub:

:rolleyes:

Me,

Celeia,

Fo's fluffy and sparkling fairy

will join the event!

:P

Free

Trait-Reading

Genesis Casts

:wub: Breeding with some of my nicest stallions :wub:

:D

May the Fluff be with you all!

Hope to see you soon!

;)

Your fairy of choice for Fast Fluffy Horses, Super Fluffy Sprouts and Fo's Blessings! May the Fluff be with you!

#12 QueenRocks

QueenRocks

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:54 AM

Awesome!! It's high time we organised that, thank you for taking up the challenge.

In the run up, i can help with bricks, mortar, wood and building. I would like to donate mats for the cooks, gold/silver jewellery (60ql) for race participants, and iron for our smiths. Anything, let me know.

;)  We need some "out of this world" prizes! 

Come on all the shipbuilders, horse breeders, armor and weapon smiths out there, start on your Master Pieces. :D

I would like to see some Zombie spawns :ph34r:

Lady

There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetuated under the shield of law and in the name of justice.

#13 conmcb25

conmcb25

Villager

• Community Assistant
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

Who is gonna cook?

Eastern Wall Schism Alliance TM CA-Arathorn

#14 Bigby

Bigby

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:25 AM

Sounds great!

#15 Eldo

Eldo

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:54 PM

I Guess i will join for a few Days, even i`m from Release, i was at the impalong at Arcanum Market on Exodus and it is really a great Event, i may have even some ideas for some minigames

#16 necroe

necroe

Villager

• Forum Moderator
  • 631 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:29 AM

I can come from release :) 70 BS, and with vyn alt :)

Lets do this!

I shall bring some of my alliance with me as well :)

Edited by necroe, 28 September 2013 - 10:37 AM.

CM/CA Necroedarkslayer

#17 Explora

Explora

Villager

• Chat Moderator
  • 232 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

Thanks for organising this Aum :lol:

Hoping for some games of Deal or no Deal, that was a highlight of last years Christmas Impalong on Independence for me.

Yes to some interesting monster spawns too (zombies, worgs, wraiths, dragons... ;) )

#18 conmcb25

conmcb25

Villager

• Community Assistant
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

Need an idea?

Chapel area to support casts, batteries and sermons.

Three altars and a fenced in area or a building so the priests are secure from possible incursions or mob spawns.

Coffins to store enchantable items

A bsb or three to store possible stuff to sac for favor.

Edited by conmcb25, 04 October 2013 - 07:29 PM.

Eastern Wall Schism Alliance TM CA-Arathorn

#19 Macaulay

Macaulay

Settler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:02 PM

Fantastic, looking forward to the event. Anything i can do before hand count me in. I will be smithing so bring your gear along.

#20 Ruger

Ruger

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:18 AM

Bang out door locks like crazy and store them in barrels or whatever. Building up a cache for good priests that would like to enchant peoples stuff for them. Battlepants does this every year and I think he has like 10k locks or something crazy going like that this year for the impalong.

[22:57:41] <Chillywilly> I like my women like I like my coffee... in a plastic cup - [13:15:26] <Enki> just a minute.. I need to move my keyboard so I cna bash my head agaisnt the desk!