Sign in to follow this  
Wox

Maps2

Independence.

Still don't know if that's the font to use.

Now with some Point Of Interest (annotations) icons on.

Star = starter deed (for now anyway)

Independence_006_poi.png

• Like 14

Looks awesome, would be a nice introduction for newbies to have.

I am sure it's been asked before, and this looks really great. But will the mapdump update when, for example, someone changes an entire tundra into a desert?

• Like 2

The purple point of interest interests me.

Also, the star doesn't really stand out, maybe a different coloured marker for the spawn

Edited by Shads

If this is the real size the only flaw i find is being too small imho.

But something was told about some zooming options so probably is not the real size?

Way too small and the potential detail doesn't even come close to what the current community maps provide.  I guess the devs aren't going to learn from from past mistakes. Thank goodness we still have high detail maps dumps.

Any chance we can make it so players have the option of use the current community maps instead?

I am almost certain that with this post you might be trollking...

• Like 1

maybe even too little map for indy, perhaps 2x - 4x zoom option to indy map?

if thats the real size,the current inde comunity maps its 4 times that size and thats only the map,without decorative borders.

about the starting deeds, i would suggest adding text with the name of the deed

Yeah... might be a little large if there were going to be a bunch of them.

Are they going to to light up up, shine, glow, shimmer etc....?

Are they going to show what they are when you hover over them??

Looks nice.

Suggestions:

1- Add a better contrasting border to the star marking starter deeds.

2- Make the tokens a bit smaller, or at least varied sizes, atm given the size of the map itself they are covering a big expanse of land.

How will the map tokens work? Any way to share tokens with others?

Edited by ReaverKane

I like it wox, but I'd like it alot more if there were no preset markers ( except for spawn) and we would be able to drag, drop, and name out own markers ( seeing as on epic if some of the major deeds had preset markers, lots wouldn't like it )

• Like 2

I like it wox, but I'd like it alot more if there were no preset markers ( except for spawn) and we would be able to drag, drop, and name out own markers ( seeing as on epic if some of the major deeds had preset markers, lots wouldn't like it )

i think the point of having those markers there its to show how custom markets will look like,not to have premade markers,or at least i hope so

I am sure it's been asked before, and this looks really great. But will the mapdump update when, for example, someone changes an entire tundra into a desert?

It does not have any purpose of a mapdump since there is only 1 zoom option so u wont see the difference even not if u dont see a ''i am here'' marker.

Way too small and the potential detail doesn't even come close to what the current community maps provide. I guess the devs aren't going to learn from from past mistakes. Thank goodness we still have high detail maps dumps.

Any chance we can make it so players have the option of use the current community maps instead?

This isn't a community map!

No there will be no option to use community maps in game.

:)

No it want, we will not update the maps (for now anyway :))

Those icons are going to get really cluttered. Maybe make them smaller?

The annotation will support 255 chars and you can zoom in.

Yes you will put out our own markers , only marker we will add (paint on the map) are the starter deeds.

If this is the real size the only flaw i find is being too small imho.

But something was told about some zooming options so probably is not the real size?

I need to look in to the size, bigger maps == more memory. Cant promise anything.

• Like 1

your coordinate system goes from top left of the map to bottom right.  can you reverse the labels on the a to v (right side) to start with a at the bottom so the x/y starts from the bottom left of the map instead to be how coordinates would be on a real map.

I.) I don't understand the fuzz with ingame maps really. Now we have to do the 'workaround' with entering a deed, find the deed on the community map and bam, you know where you are. ( I really woulndnt mind to have a marker on the ingame map where you are - maybe only when you are on a deed) [This is just a commend on my end, and yes - not every deed is on the community map, we all know that]

II.) Great map, me likes.

III.) You really missed the opportunity to add 'here might be dragons' on the borders :D

III.) You really missed the opportunity to add 'here might be dragons' on the borders :D

:)

This isn't a community map!

No there will be no option to use community maps in game.

Thanks for saying something, time to move on. Good luck.

How will ingame maps work?  What you show looks like a static image... ingame maps will have to change with and as we alter the terrain.  Sounds like quite a load for the server potentially?

Thanks for saying something, time to move on. Good luck.

Our intention are not to compete with the community maps, the in-game maps will be there to aid new players(and old) and probably they will seek out for the community maps and the Wurmpedia when they get more into the game.

How will ingame maps work?  What you show looks like a static image... ingame maps will have to change with and as we alter the terrain.  Sounds like quite a load for the server potentially?

It will show as a static image, we will not change it (not for now anyway)

Our intention are not to compete with the community maps, the in-game maps will be there to aid new players(and old) and probably they will seek out for the community maps and the Wurmpedia when they get more into the game.

So, It's being developed with the grand vision of it becoming obsolete?