Sign in to follow this  
Wox

Helm Crests!

Make them match kingdom titles like sad goose and golden unicorn. Also give crowns a graphic and royal robes.

• Like 1

Please no. I know for certain that everyone would wear these, and it would make the game look stupid.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

Don't mind crests personally; however, it does seem a bit too over-sized.

I like the idea of customized helms, as they are the most visual piece of armour... however I'm unsure about a giant pheasant on a players head!

Few ideas...

1. Viking style helmet with horns... Maybe Unicorn horns or bull's horns?

2. Spartan type helms which could use a combination of fur and dye's for colour?

3. Jousting helm which could give better stats whilst mounted?

4. Spiked helmet which could be made from various ores?

Cheers, Moonpoppy

This, please!!! :D

Armet helms would be great. More helmet types would be a good way to make it so that people in PvP look less like a clone army. Maybe the open helm could be changed so it protects the face, making it usable in PvP.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

I like the idea of Kingdom titles playing a part in some visual aspects as mentioned above. Such as the "Sad Goose" and "Golden Unicorn". Unsure how it would work by the concept is good!

Wurm looks and plays so much better then it did 3 years ago... keep the content and improvments coming :)

Yeah i agree with some other people here, the idea is nice Wox but please make it mean something, otherwise we will just have loads of people running around with pheasants on their head.

Would be nice if they represented what kingdom title you had or decorative title atleast

Actually afaik there's no historical evidence Vikings had horns in their helmets. Its primarily something that shows up in operas.

...not to mention a major design flaw for a helm.

But since when did reality become a factor?

If we do end up with horned helms will we get a choice between turned up horns (Opera vikings) or turned down horns (Skyrim, most well known example)? Personally the Skyrim look is better.

• Like 3

Im all happy with new features and novel things. But why on earth are the art team still producing new things and new models when others are STILL incomplete such as the king items. 

Why not rebug and finish up the current ingame features rather then continue to pump out new, and usually bugged and/or incomplete features?

• Like 1

It will be optional, finished helm + gold pheasant = village idiot helmet or something like that. No change to stats, except maybe the  weight. 

Are you guys bored :D ?

Im all happy with new features and novel things. But why on earth are the art team still producing new things and new models when others are STILL incomplete such as the king items. 

Why not rebug and finish up the current ingame features rather then continue to pump out new, and usually bugged and/or incomplete features?

I did turn mad and mounted a golden pheasant on a great helmet and the forum hunted me down with pitch forks and torches  :)

Anyway here some crazy helm crests.

helmet_crests.jpg

Maybe wolf on leather cap :)

LeatherCap_WolfHead.jpg

• Like 13

LeatherCap_WolfHead.jpg

Oh something good out of this thread!

Those turkey headed helms look lame.

Will we be allowed to add flowers to summerhats? The current models arent very flowery :( I wanna look FABULOUS

• Like 3

I like the idea of making more ornate armor but not sure i like this one. While you are at it the metal shields could use an update too they are kind of plan looking too. Would be nice to see more of a design on the faces of them. 

I'd like to see a design on them too, maybe like how you decide the design of a shop sign? 

Ok, ok, the wolf cap totally got me in.

But don´t forget there is also bears, deers, mountain lions, etc. And why not? that feathers thingy the trolls use, will be nice to be able to loot those and attach to our leather/studded caps :P

• Like 1

Ok, ok, the wolf cap totally got me in.

But don´t forget there is also bears, deers, mountain lions, etc. And why not? that feathers thingy the trolls use, will be nice to be able to loot those and attach to our leather/studded caps :P

+1

ftivf5.jpg

The Infamous ? bag on a helm! (Tis a joke, not actual content!) :P

Edited by Redd
  • Like 6

evilleaderofmaplesyrupc.png

Have to dig a lot into forum archives to get that one, now i need to re imp mah shovel.

LeatherCap_WolfHead.jpg

This is soo cool... Maybe tip the nose of the wolfs head down slightly... great ideas here keep them coming!!