Sign in to follow this  
bp1986

Pendelton Derby Impalong

When Willow announced that she was stepping down as the queen of Impalong, I decided that I would try my hand at keeping the spirit alive.

==What is Impalong?==
Impalong is where crafters and priests of all skill level join together and work for the community. We party, we craft, we enchant and we party some more!

==Where is Pendelton Derby?==
We are not on the map yet, but we are found in the southeast corner of the Deliverance server. If you are coming from the south or west, I would suggest following the yellow line through the canal. If you are coming from the North, just look for the lighthouse on your way in!

u5SmSA6.jpg

==When is it?==
Starting December 20th, running until we are all partied out. There will be no restriction on how early you show up, the place is unlocked. Imper are encouraged to show up early so I am able to work on your tools if needed.

December 21st at 19 GMT, we are going to be opening up the maze!

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20131221T13&p0=605&msg=The+Maze&csz=1&swk=1

==What supplies will be provided?==
I plan to provide...
Iron (at least 3000 KGs in the form of 85 and 95 QL lumps)
Doorlocks (at least 15000, worth 5-7 favor on average)
Leather (no idea how much, but there is at least a thousand hides, ranging upwards to QLs in the 90s)
Beds (about 80 beds will be available to use)
Farmland (secure place for your horse)
Cotton Not even sure how much we are going to have... "way too much" would be a safe guess though. - Some of the allies pitched in to make this happen.
Wood *planned import
Food (100.000000 HFC on my priest, so 60-70 QL meals are quite common)

==So just crafting and enchanting?==
Not quite, we also plan to hold a few events...

Cow Races
-Yes, Cow races. Lunella is breeding a nice group of speed cows to run the track a few times. Should be quite comical, just watch out for cow patties!

The Maze
-On opening day, I plan to finally open up the Maze to the public. I have closely guarded the layout to myself and my priest (also myself), so everyone will be entering it blindly. There are three exits to the maze, each with a prize. Prizes are 50i, 50c and the grand prize of 50s.

Lighthouse diving
-Imagine diving off a 500 dirt tall structure onto the solid ground below. Ouch! (will supply cotton, legs not guaranteed to be unbroken)

Deal or No Deal
-Our host Tarnhold will be tending to this one. We will have a good deal of prizes available, but if you would like to make a donation, let us know!

Hall of Champions
-A moderately sized building to commemorate all of the Champions of Impalong. What does it take to be a Champion? Just attend Impalong and party with us - you are not required to improve or enchant anything (but it is appreciated). In this building, we are assembling a huge cluster of statues, each to be made in the image that the individual champions sees themselves!

The Grand Slam
-Fight with might and believe the hype! Come here and test your mettle against the other great fighters of Impalong!

More to come, stay tuned!

Edited by bp1986
  • Like 15

Good luck!

It being during holidays limites people I think attending.

This was talked about in chat few days back also on who was hosting it.

Never knew they decided on person yet.

Ropemaking (70+ by then)

Mining (92+ by then)

Vyn priest (85+ faith 75+chan)

May be able to pitch in 92+ farming services with whatever wemp/cotton I have on hand or people want me to harvest for them

• Like 1

I am so confused on the Impalong. I did not realize it had been decided who would host it. Evidently I need to lurk on the forums a bit more. Have fun.

Didn't tekada want to do it on inde?

Also nice that we can vote, i guess its deli-server only then? Otherwise most people wont even read this.

I believe so, that's what prompted this forum post. Ideally, I would prefer to only have 1 Impalong running at a time, so if Tekada gets voted to host Impalong, I will shut my deed down and attend on Indy - the only problem is that I will only be able to supply about half the resources remotely as I would be able to locally. So yea, this is all based on public consensus.

Good 2 see deli hosting a impalong but the location sucks a bit sorry to say

been checking on BP's deed since almost the beginning and it's crazy how much he has got done :P

Hope it becomes a real nice success, goodluck with the finishing touches!

Good 2 see deli hosting a impalong but the location sucks a bit sorry to say

I agree to an extent - the travel from the spawn to the deed will not be easy. I plan to secure the roads a bit (if I have time) before impalong starts. The major perk that I am going with at this location is the ease of getting there by water from the other servers.

Hopefully it all works out. :)

I think it would be a good idea if each server did their own impalong. A good example would be fairs. Here in the US you will have your county fair, state fair, and every so often a World Fair. Having one on each server allows more people to attend them that otherwise would not and promote more of a "regional" atmosphere. That's just my thoughts though.

+1 Vote for Pendelton hosting the Impalong. Can't wait!

98 Blacksmith + 90 Faith 84chan 44 SD vyn

I am sure I can convince Fae to come along too who will also have a few skills to contribute (Carp, FC, Masonry)

If it doesn't distract too much from the impalong, maybe we will hold tours of the Factional Fight Village (which can be seen on BP's map, marked as Autumn Twilight).

Edited by McGarnicle
  • Like 1

+1 Vote for Pendelton hosting the Impalong. Can't wait!

98 Blacksmith + 90 Faith 84chan 44 SD vyn

I am sure I can convince Fae to come along too who will also have a few skills to contribute (Carp, FC, Masonry)

If it doesn't distract too much from the impalong, maybe we will hold tours of the Factional Fight Village (which can be seen on BP's map, marked as Autumn Twilight).

oh lol you are not exactly objective about that,since this is 2 minutes away from your deed.

i dont really care who hosts it but this place its a lot closer for people from the southern servers like me

oh lol you are not exactly objective about that,since this is 2 minutes away from your deed.

i dont really care who hosts it but this place its a lot closer for people from the southern servers like me

Doubt anyone's vote is objective. You are right, the location will be very nice for me. However, I feel that a more central location will be good for the event. South deli is as close to central freedom as you can get.

I will see what I can get together in order to attend. By that time I should be able to bring at least 80ql Leather Working and at least 70 Cloth Tailoring. I could even see if I could arrive earlier to help set up and such with housing, materials, ect.

looks like  alot of fun..the people down there are AWESOME, and saved me headaches more than once..i'll for sure be coming...

I like it! If you do decide to be hosting it this year you can count on me being there, at least present to do some casting for people. I'll try to drag along Xallo and Whykillme if they don't struggle too much :D

Just want to point out that there is another ongoing conversation on this topic for those who may have missed it ..

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/87162-expressing-intrest-in-hosting-impalong/

We Need someone prominent (PR Team, are u there?) to put something together for people to express interest in hosting and then a poll imho.

Edited by scottfree

What's this in my church?

D5G97mF.jpg

It's quite heavy!

uKfcelG.jpg

Check it out!

xvQEVAQ.jpg

Cart 1 of 2!

Edited by bp1986