Sign in to follow this  
Thorakkanath

Expanation Of Time When It Comes To Developing Games

Hey everyone,

It's been driving me crazy and I searched for it for over 2 hours already..

Sometime back someone posted somewhere here on the forums a link to another forum where they explained how should we interpret time when it comes from the game devs....it was EXTREMELY funny and I think only out of stupidity I didnt bookmark it.... (something along the lines of: when a dev says soon...it actually means sometimes in the distant future, with no set dates or chances of being ever done :) )

now wanting to send it to someone I cannot find it anymore and like I said it's driving me absolutely crazy....

Can some kind soul post the link again? (i think it was a forum post...I remember it was something with black background..and it was posted about 2-3 months ago?)

I would REALLY appreciate it!

Thor

Try google... Google will find more in this forum than the integrated search machine does. Kinda funny but after all these forum changes tags and so on have been lost forever.

I don't have the link but I can give some insight into why things generally take longer than developers think they will, having experienced it first hand now...

Shiraek, thank you but it wasn't meant seriously....the link was sarcastic if not downright hilarious in nature...

Soonâ„¢

Yep. 

Funnily happens to me that when people anticipated a game of mine to be finished... usually I ended not finishing them o.O ... so, whatever time I promise to them become infinite... :(

and no link yet....

Missing: link. He is rather long, typically in blue color, used to port you through another source of information with explanations on how game developers conceive time. For any information or tips please use the form below.

Yep. 

Funnily happens to me that when people anticipated a game of mine to be finished... usually I ended not finishing them o.O ... so, whatever time I promise to them become infinite... :(

Just reminded me of my seven started projects. Who cares, i'll just start another one!

sorry for offtop Thor :P