Sign in to follow this  
matphat

Trapped In Hunter's Lodge Chaos Server

Hello all,

I just started the game. Did the tutorial. Chose Free Chaos server. Now I trapped in the Hunter's Lodge area, and the exits (Wooden gates) are locked and I can't get out of the area.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Some one had built some fences around openings i believe there should be one opening if not then someone closed off the deed which shouldn't happen...

Start deeds are not meant to be walled in. There are some cases of pvp around start deeds and the circumstances are a little different. This is not one of those cases. These blocks are being removed and signs posted, hold on a few. :)

• Like 7

The Eir has been awoken! The time of darkness is NIGH!

Blood shall flow and flesh rent asunder!

North exit is open. Perhaps some signs should be made. All other exits are under construction due to griefers messing up the terrain.

Sorry I meant South exit is open.

Edited by MaurizioAM

Start deeds are not meant to be walled in. There are some cases of pvp around start deeds and the circumstances are a little different. This is not one of those cases. These blocks are being removed and signs posted, hold on a few. :)

If you wouldn't mind leaving it as I will take care of it. Thanks.

For the record I did not build the blocks on the exits. But upon seeing them it was a clear sign that the area directly outside of HL needs some lovin.

I hope these blockades are removed very, very soon, or I'll go take care of them myself. If you have problems with griefers, walling in starter towns is not the way to go.

Edited by Alyeska
  • Like 2

Sorry, Who are You to lockdown spawn point...?

I just heard from another guy who spawned there and wasnt able to get out.

I hope these blockades are removed very, very soon, or I'll go take care of them myself. If you have problems with griefers, walling in starter towns is not the way to go.

Sorry, Who are You to lockdown spawn point...?

I just heard from another guy who spawned there and wasnt able to get out.

That's because said players did not look. There has always been at least 2 exit points, but as of a 2 days ago griefers messed up one of those exits which was then locked. Leaving south exit still in use. Had the players looked at all the exits they would have found a way out.

exemplary disciplinary action towards the person who boxed the spawn point !!

• Like 2

wait what? mau did close most of the exits? I would though he just want to fix the terrain before gm reopen it? Clarify what happening? O.o 

That's because said players did not look. There has always been at least 2 exit points, but as of a 2 days ago griefers messed up one of those exits which was then locked. Leaving south exit still in use. Had the players looked at all the exits they would have found a way out.

I looked myself, and it possible but not easy to get out of hunters lodge. Either way, if the blockades are not removed soon, I will personally come remove them and make sure that new freedom isles players are able to play like everyone else. ALL of the exits should be usable, not just one or two which you, or whoever did this, decides.

• Like 3

weren't there was like four exits originally? which is more make sense to prevent some trolls camping the exit..

See ya at your place with few catapults.

Goodluck lol. His place is well built.

Also he said nothing to the effect of "I blocked the entrances." IF anything he said the opposite.

I looked myself, and it possible but not easy to get out of hunters lodge. Either way, if the blockades are not removed soon, I will personally come remove them and make sure that new freedom isles players are able to play like everyone else. ALL of the exits should be usable, not just one or two which you, or whoever did this, decides.

and when was it when you looked at it? The 3 exits were only blocked off for 1 day, for the past month 1 exit was blocked off with 3 active ones, 1 of which was a shitty situation to get in and out which is why it was under construction leaving 2 active really. Unfortunately griefers had come by in the past few days including to our village and caused a racket with the terrain, that is also when we decided to work full steam ahead on the plan vs slowly doing it cause HL is indeed in need of safe entrance and exits.

This concern has nothing to do with those of you wanting to storm down here like hero's as its clear no one seems to understand the reasoning of keeping players safe... Talking with gm's all day today and discussing ways to fix this issue has been talked about and currently being worked on.

Lastly, this said by a GM... I wish i had Wurm assistant on this comp to get an actual quote but this might simplify it. My question to the GM was can players/griefers block off the entrances... Due to the fact that 2 entrances/exits were blocked off a while back by someone which i do not know who. GM replayed this is PVP and anyone can come and build to block off exits but 1 always must remain open... Along with that he said though being a starter town do not be supprised if the blocks are taken down weekly or faster.

After seeing those blocked off gates, and also the consistent problem new players seem to have with PVE in wurm I then took it upon myself to add gates to the other 2 sections which were left unlocked, with the purpose of locking if terraforming was underway. Not only the exits but also work out the outside of HL making it safer for "Real" new players. I had a new player asking why he was killed by players in a non kingdom influenced area... I asked him which way did he travel from HL he said East, i had to explain to him he was in HOTA and was most likely mistaken of an enemy trying to spy. These are the reasons for such blocks on certain gates need to exist, until the right signs can be put into place and what not.

• Like 1

Well then, put up your signs fast and remove the blockades, that doesn't need to take long. Perhaps build some curbs here and there to prevent new blockades from appearing. I sincerely dislike the idea that to "protect" new players, you just lock them up into their starter town, preventing them or severely limiting their ability to go into a certain direction.

I don't get how walling off the starter deed is easier than making a couple signs.

I don't get how walling off the starter deed is easier than making a couple signs.

First off 3 of the 4 blockades were not built by us. But one of them which is the exit we used we broke and took it over ourself. The other 2 we never used those exits so we never felt the need to do anything about them. The 4th exit was never a used exit by anyone including ourselves due to the bad terrain and cliff .. that is the side we decided we would start working on.

Also to comment on just slapping something together and be done with it, sorry I don't work that way. If something is to be done then it should be done right once. We have plenty if other things going on so time is to be split a little to everything with some on high importance. Since the last griefing episode work on the unusable exit went into full effect. Sooner or later things will be done.

Making signs alone is not all that is needed. The GM I was working with all day also agreed with that.

And also, we have been helping new players for months now, anyone who wants help receives it... I don't understand why many of you are getting bent out of shape over something that does not affect you.

Edited by MaurizioAM

And also, we have been helping new players for months now, anyone who wants help receives it... I don't understand why many of you are getting bent out of shape over something that does not affect you.

Getting PMs from new players who want to try out chaos "help, I 'm stuck" is something that does affect others. Let alone the pile of corpses rght at the hunters lodge deed from people who were stuck and suicided to a different starter town. I still see zero reason for the blockades, and I really do not care who made them or why, but they will be removed. You can do your terrain improvements without those blockades aslong as you just secure your work... Just like everyone else on the server has to do.

Getting PMs from new players who want to try out chaos "help, I 'm stuck" is something that does affect others. Let alone the pile of corpses rght at the hunters lodge deed from people who were stuck and suicided to a different starter town. I still see zero reason for the blockades, and I really do not care who made them or why, but they will be removed. You can do your terrain improvements without those blockades aslong as you just secure your work... Just like everyone else on the server has to do.

OK well going along your lines... regardless of who built them if I decide I want to build more I will do so... as a GM told me the rules so thank you for your time.

Its funny how "new players" are pming you because they are stuck in HL while for 1 day 3 exits were locked... and for months now 2 have been locked. But somehow all these new players are pming you about it. How about facing facts about most of these deaths are alt players committing suicide to get to landing or gold coast.

Edited by MaurizioAM

OK well going along your lines... regardless of who built them if I decide I want to build more I will do so... as a GM told me the rules so thank you for your time.
The idea is that blockades etc are tolerated during a PVP event - trapping raiders, or defending against etc. Not that new funnels are put up every time a GM pops the last set.

If new ones are constantly built just to replace the old ones purely for that reason, then popping the new ones isn't all that will happen.

• Like 2