Sign in to follow this  
Postes

My Settings And Versions (Please Read For Reference)

I'm currently playing on an iMac.  2.7GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, with an NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M 512MB Graphics Card.

That won't effect how the game is run, it ONLY effects my graphical settings.  If you have a less processor speed or an older graphics card you will need to likely adjust your settings.

ONE: OS: Mountain Lion 10.8.4 - PLEASE keep your OS X up to date, although it likely will not effect Java.  If you're running a previous version i highly recommend upgrading because Wurm has no problems on Mountain Lion, and I can't help you fully with other versions like Snow Leopard.

TWO: Check your Java!  Remember that in OS Mountain Lion it's not longer in /Applications/ but now under System Preferences.  If you don't have it under System Preferences, beneath "Other" then you don't have Java.  

http://www.java.com/en/   Download Java.

If you do have Java installed and you see it in System Preferences, click it, and it should launch the new Java Control Panel.  Hit "Update" and make sure you see this:  "Your system has the recommended version of Java."

If you have both updated properly, then you can eliminate any problems being OS X related or Java related.  Now for your settings in-game.  

- Nothing under "Game" tab will effect the game being launched, as far as I know, it's purely optional settings.  

- Nothing under "Text" tab will effect the game being launched.

- Nothing under sound should effect the gameplay, but you can check my settings here:

KCRMvej.png

- Graphic Settings tend to only effect your FPS (Frames Per Second), as stated in the start this is determined by processor speed, RAM, and graphics card.  This is currently what I run smoothly at average of 30-40FPS, and 15-20FPS in big villages.  Many of these are just preferences, I don't like sun glare, bloom, but you can easily enable them and not suffer FPS loss.  I don't live near water so obviously I keep my water reflection quality low.

PJCVDkQ.png

- Advanced Graphics should be left on default settings the game has chosen for you, but you can adjust the settings up or down if you want more FPS or better visuals.  

QBxxT6w.png

- Compatibility is the biggest factor for resolving issues.  Often times they can be set wrong by default, so make sure yours look like mine, and hopefully they work.

voYqd7v.png