Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Tutorial Buildings

I was in the tutorial today with an alt looking around the buildings there at the end and they are in need of an upgrade in my opinion. Well I took out Warlanders 3d Deedplanner and made what i think would be better to show off what you can do in wurm. I know they were not looking for a change but thought i would see what i could come up with for the space for fun and wanted to post up what i come up with. Now one of the buildings is a little larger than what is there now but there is space for it and it keeps the access to the field type area in the back.

Note: It is best to load up the pastebin and have look around for yourself...

http://pastebin.com/3YwJXXRT

ktwgWPc.jpg

• Like 1

The center stage of the tutorial is intended to resemble a small active town in the end.  My plan for it is to optionally discuss the economy, merchants, traders, etc.. with it.   But I agree with you that the stage is not well designed at the moment.   Right now my current design is for clear line of sight access to the portals.

We will be including all the new features and design capability in the new Wurm version as we improve the tutorial itself.

Your design here is good, and adds plenty of additional depth.  I have saved the image for consideration.

• Like 1

Well i do remember a tweet back a while ago asking what we would want to see to help improve things so that is one of the reasons i posted this. It was hard to get any depth with that small of a space and it did not show all the aspects of building but the town idea does seem like it would be good.

If you guys need any help with it just let me know i would be happy to help. :)  

Another suggestion for the tutorial, add creatures to the scenery outside of the fences to showcase the latest models.  As they are walking through the fenced in tutorial area they can see a menagerie of cool looking creatures they may encounter once they leave the tutorial.  A few hell hounds and horses running about, a couple of trolls picking their noses and/or a champion deer, bear, or cave bug would add a wow factor.

Changing current horrible boring Tutorial will bring more players for sure ;-) 

You spend 20 minutes in tutorial and learn 0.0001% of knowledge. You even don't know after that how to build your first "safe house" after it.

Please make the tutorial optional if you have already done it! :)

hm, the deedplanner...

I have a sudden urge to plan an entire tutorial area, with height and buildings and stuff :D

I might get started on that, what would be the "ideal" tutorial in my eyes XD

Because now, I always get the feeling of chaoticness and sometimes even a bit of claustrophobia when running my alts through the tut X_x

We are working on it.  Granted..  slowly...  But we are working on it.

• Like 1

i always wondered why the create a mallet part of the tutorial was removed,looks like now new players dont event know how to create.

We are working on it.  Granted..  slowly...  But we are working on it.

Enki you know that you can count on my help if you need assistance.