Sign in to follow this  
Odynn

Deliverance Stadium - Buildings Are Done

After a long talk in our freedom chat. I'm posting here about a new community project.
We heard a lot about that kind of stuff, there were many tries... but here you are, directly out of the deed planner : Deliverance Stadium !

nRqPKUb.jpg

rDIcxMd.jpg

You can visit the stadium with the deed planner here : http://pastebin.com/d6gbdq0s

How do I see the project :
Due to the access tunnel to get inside the arena from both gold mine doors we will need a really close rock layer, that can be achieved with both terraforming and raising the rock with concrete.

The project needs as well lots of mats, 13k bricks and mortar at least for the walls, 366 marble slabs and so on, it's a crazy huge project the complex alone is 15x28 on 4 storey high. It can be done by a single man, but will be way better to be conduct by the whole community.

I would like to see that stadium and the buildings around on a deed with enough perimeter for people to have some hunting ground around and see the stadium from a wider area. As well, if the deed can have a public trader to pay for the upkeep it would be a must have.

Templars are obviously a no-go, how will you do some PvE if the templars are helping you. Guards tower can be helpful though to the visitors.

I would have first your insights on where we can plan that project, would you like to help, what kind of event would you like to see.

pEN9Jrj.jpg

Project worksite / Where to find us.

Edit : Fixed typo / poll

Edit2 : Removed poll - no longuer needed - results can be seen here :

JqvSAbJ.jpg

Edited by Odynn
  • Like 10

It'd be nice if the viewing areas were close enough to the center so that viewers could read combat logs as the fight unfolds.   Also you need rooms at the bottom of the arena for releasing vicious animals and a little bit of water would be nice too.  Not only did the Romans use wild animals but they'd also fill the colosseum with water in order to hold mock navel battles.

Good input on the combat logs. Do you know how far we can see thems ? (i'm usualy on my target not reading thems from far away).

Water will be more troublesome as you can't raise / lower the ground to get water in it, though naval battles would be awesome.

(and the cave tunnel would be useless if you floor the whole area).

[Maybe a cave lake for that kind of fights - race - whatever with water - build near / bellow the stadium]

Vicious and evil animals will have a hard time leaving pens tho, with the access tunnels or the lateral fence you can get thems inside. (taming / taming something else) per example.

goodluck with it.

Could be little more circle shape

• Like 1

Nice project indeed. This stadium is designed for horse races, not combat games.

Count me in if you decide to build it. :)

• Like 1

Looks absolutely wondrous. I can't wait to see this completed. 

very nice.  if close to where we live. i'd be willing to helpout

also suggest as building around it.  3 church buildings  one for each god.    so surrmons ect can be held.  i know they can all be in the same building but might look cool if one each and done diff looks dyed walls ect.

• Like 1

looks good, where do you plan on making it at? If that hasnt been discussed i would suggest making it central not off in the boonies.

I like the roman setup. Looks really impressive.

I only hope you don't decide to sacrifice another portion of the already hugely destroyed steppe.

So far the different area said in Freedom chat were :

- PPM Desert
- GD old Market Place (east of GD on the hill)

- Steppes

- Asgard Desert

About the shape : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEsF_UivytM

Another stadium in our real world used in a french themed park around history.

My idea behind that one was enabling in the same area different kind of competions. I think it would be less impressive to have horse or cart races in a round shape, the lenght of the stadium can also allow archery contest, and anything that need some distance.

As you can see in the video, their coliseum is shorter than mine, though, PvP / PVE is always possible (man eating lions, anyone ?).

And if the community really wants to see a more rounded coliseum, I can always make a new plan.

@Tekari : Steppes imho would have been a good location if there were still enough free land around, with a good perimeter aroud the stadium to prevent any more deeds and damage to the hunting ground. Though, just my 2 cents and that will be up for voting.

@Validate : Others building, we will need some for sure, different churches will be more of a trouble to hold sermons as you need to get as many people as you can in the same area. Altars don't even matter to start a sermon. We can place some of them in the stadium, and depending of the choosen area build a more impressive complex with god temples and a theatre for example

Edited by Odynn

by the old asguard would be cool.   i could open up my deed there to help out if needed. plus easy to  keep mining there to help make bricks..  right now i'm working on tunnel from rainbow to west coast. my son has been picking up the rocks and putting in my bsbs. i'll be able to make a ton of bricks in near future.

If they put it up on Asguards desert .. Pheonix Enterprises team will be there to help with our usual supply of energy and resourses..

Edited by Traxx
  • Like 1

I'm willing to help if the project gets deemed viable and popular.  I'd think sky box places for people to do their trade ..imping tools, weapons, cloths making, leatherworks, jewelry..while watching teh venue would be a huge must and draw...cause it will justify spending the day at the events and not lose skilling time.  pluse others will be there to trade ideas or wears also.  This is a great unique idea that will bring more to Deli and seperate deli from other freedom servers as to why locate here.

also side note for Validate..i've not met you yet but i live over by rainbow..and would be interested in helping or knowing more about the tunnel to the west coast.  i know there is one for deli harbor that almost comes up to me..yet i think much of it is caved in by now.  Look me up sometimes..  my deed is "Autumn Grove" between hanging garden n the mtn that the GD tunnel goes through.

• Like 1

If they put it up on Asguards desert .. Pheonix Enterprises team will be there to help with our usual supply of energy and resourses..

That would probably include me aswel :)

• Like 1

I have to admit.. I'm mixed about places.. I like near GD for a couple reasons.. 1.It's more central to the servers landmass. 2. It would be an impressive site (if made visible) to newbies popping in at GD.  To contrast this, near the old Asgard would also be very nice as well... It's very local to me. lol. Either way, I'm in to help.

Couple things that would be cool if we could get a BIG event going like the imp-along. During that event, hold games (sparring, races, etc.) If only food would not decay as fast.. I'd love to sell Wurms version hotdogs.. Meals.. Get your meals here.. Just 1c.. Get your hot, fresh meals here..  haha

Hehe, i will be honest my personal pick is Asgard desert as i already said in Freedom chat the stadium would look awesome in that still natural area.

Easy access by boat from others server on Echo Lake - In a secure area of the server, roads are safe to travel on - Great view all around - and still a nice hunting ground around... and so on, though my 2 cents.

Old GD Market is central and with some good work can be awesome as well in a different way.

All three locations would look good in my opinion.

My choice was the desert near PPM. The reason for this is that the location is already fairly well tailored for holding large events. With both the market at PPM and the Church at Mookton there are already aspects in place for holding impalongs, sermons etc. It is a fairly central location which is well known and has good access roads.

was just going to say same thing.  boat access at least knarr and sailboats.   and kinda easy road full of towers from GD to Asgard desert

I'm willing to help if the project gets deemed viable and popular.  I'd think sky box places for people to do their trade ..imping tools, weapons, cloths making, leatherworks, jewelry..while watching teh venue would be a huge must and draw...cause it will justify spending the day at the events and not lose skilling time.  pluse others will be there to trade ideas or wears also.  This is a great unique idea that will bring more to Deli and seperate deli from other freedom servers as to why locate here.

also side note for Validate..i've not met you yet but i live over by rainbow..and would be interested in helping or knowing more about the tunnel to the west coast.  i know there is one for deli harbor that almost comes up to me..yet i think much of it is caved in by now.  Look me up sometimes..  my deed is "Autumn Grove" between hanging garden n the mtn that the GD tunnel goes through.

ya i'd like to meet up and see where it is.  i've started mine right by rainbow bridge.  I'm trying to stick under the roads. to stay off deeds and know where I am.  I thinki i'm half way in the outpost deed perimeter .  didin't know deli harbor had one started. lived beside them 2 yrs now. darkhold harbor is my deed. own holtburg and rome. so i know i can get 200-300 tiles mined from west to east without issues. I have 4 prem alts that can mine tiles fast. plus i could put in 3 non-prem alts to mine.  i did a 250 tiles tunnel from darkhold to otherside of zhentil keep in 3-5 days last summer

I like central building for server Deeds, then nobody has to travel across server to participate. Also Im building a huge castle Village nearby the old marketplace that would be able to accomidate permanent housing for everyone. that project will be completed sometime next summer im thinking but its in the works reguardless.

I voted for Asguard desert. If you put it away from boat access, you pretty much halve the number of visits you can expect IMO.

As for the shape, that hippodrome shape (oval) is more flexible than a colliseum shape (more circular) so will lend itself to more activities. However, I would maybe play around with a wooden fence layout before we go crazy bricking it all together.

there will be ocean access to the old deli market place soon.

Love it - been thinking for a while that Deli needs something like this.

The design looks good, and I don't think you can go wrong with any of those three locations. Personally I'd go for PPM as there's stacks of open space and - as Gaelen said - already a bunch of other community facilities in place.

Wherever it ends up, though, I'm happy to help out.

great idea!! Count me in to help with supplies etc!

maybe an area for an Inn with beds for people who are coming from far away.

Also merchant area would be nice too

Edited by Oldbroad