Sign in to follow this  
Keldun

Friendlist Change

Currently they are testing some changes to the friendlist: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/85238-friendlist-change/

As that topic is for bugs only, here one for some discussion:

The event window is a log window, but the friendlist is a status window. I think the two don't belong together.

The friends tab in the event window should display messages such as "Marco connected to Deliverance" "Tony moved from Deliverance to Chaos" "Silvia lost Connection" "Silvia left the game"

The friendlist window should remain as it is or have an option to integrate it into the frieend log tab, like it can be done with the local player list.

• Like 1

Personally I prefer the friends window, and think it would be a shame to see it removed, but +1 to the OP for having the friends tab as a list of people coming online and movements. :)

Revert ASAP Please

Edited by whykillme
  • Like 1

i hate to say it but this change is not good, can't see who logs on, sorting is kinda awfull and the stretched box is just wrong aswell...

i'd rather have the old friendlist+ tab

• Like 4

Make a toggle to not show the tab. I'm just going to close it on logon.

Please revert. There is no active use in-game for seeing a long list of offline friends. When I want to check something regarding friends who are offline I use the Escape menu list, which is not too often.

Also the one line containing friends names Only is bothersome. Will all the "logged in" logged out" messages be shown in Event only? Having it in the Friends tab is much more convenient, especially if you're logging a character of your own out for prayer/meditational purposes.

Edit:
Also, not sure if these things are bugs or intended:
1) You can sort the friends tab according to status but it will not update automatically when someone logs in. They won't end up at the top with the other online friends.

2) Close the tab and it will not open up again if someone logs in. Someone figured out you can type "toggle friends" in the console to get it back, but that seems like a workaround.

3) The names of the friends is aligned to the left and the status aligned to the right, making it effectively fill up the entire size of your Event window section plus creating a big space between the names and the status.

Edited by Aeris

I'm not seeing the need for this change. I personally liked having my friend list in a separate window that I could move around on the screen and resize at will. The way I had it before it was always open tucked into a corner by my skills window and sized so that I could see most of my friends without scrolling. Now I have to restrict it to the size of my events window and have to chose if I'm going to look at it or events or skills. I would actually prefer if I could pull all of the chat/notification tabs out into their own separate windows. Locking it down just seems to be a backwards step in functionality.

We would like to see this reverted too please....

Dakota and Shaylie of Kings Landing. Inde.

I don't like it. If you want to see an entire list of friends, just open up the old Friends window. This new thing is way too messy and I don't think anyone will be able to get used to it...

You could say that it needs some work, and arguably shouldn't have been shoved out the door in its current state.

The recording of who's logged on and off is one of those things that you didn't know you'd miss until it was gone;  I checked my logs folder and it isn't even saving the friends list history there.  It could at least continue doing that.

That said, the lack of auto-sorting is the worst offender by far.  After a period of folks logging in and out, you must switch to the tab and then click the "status" heading twice just to move the cluster of online friends back to the top.  I cannot fathom how this most basic functionality wasn't of utmost priority with the redesign.

I would rather have seen the complete friends list stay in its own window, and the friends tab used for displaying all your currently-online friends, regardless of server, while still keeping a record of who logged in/out and when.

All in all, thumbs down.

old list worked fair enough, please revert !!! i don't care in my friendlist who's online on serenity, celeb or on indy when i'm on chaos....

+1

good

one useless window less

Edited by vill

hm no.. cause I have 'local' in my events ..so you know whos near

The suggested change is better, what's being overlooked though is the fact that most of us probably don't assign a large area of our screen for the Event window tab since it is something we have open at all times. For me personally only 3 friends fit on the screen with the new Friends list, which is annoying and cluttered. Before the change it fit a lot more, and it only showed the ones who were online which was way better imo.

we decided to move it to the event as a new tab because another window on the screen just takes up too much of the realm - we don't wan't to end up with hundreds of small window scattered on the screen