Sign in to follow this  
Talilon

Enchanted Grass Turning Back To Normal Grass

Just had the bug happen again last night. A tile that was enchanted grass yesterday was normal grass when I logged in today. Only a few hours so no way the tile packed and then re-grew grass. This could be a big part of why enchanted grass is packing so often.

What server was it? There may have been a rollback.

It was on Exodus, and that tile had been enchanted for awhile so I don't think it could have been a roll back?

Had the same thing happen to me both on Pristine and Celebration in the last 2 days.

Grass that was enchanted and had been for a while had reverted back to normal grass again.

Rolf apparently wants 2 ways for enchanted grass to go away.

1. through decay(random can't tell when it will happen)

2. packing from movement.

Because there seems to be the illusion that animal hoarding is huge apparently. Really doesn't help animal breeders...

• Like 1

Do the devs read these bug reports, or are they screened? Do they ever give us any information about the bug, and if it was confirmed a bug, or working as intended?  I'm asking because I've gone through a few random threads in the bug report forum and not one of them had a reply from anyone with a dev tag.

So either I missed it, or the way it works is that we post information about the bug, but never get any response?

Devs do go over them to an extent with some screening. Sometimes there's feedback when someone is able to reply.

To be honest, the forums are a really iffy way of gathering bug reports. They can be vague, sometimes by no fault of the bug poster.

Although, I do recall other systems being tried in the past with similar mixed results.

Rolf apparently wants 2 ways for enchanted grass to go away.

1. through decay(random can't tell when it will happen)

2. packing from movement.

I agree that's what seems to be happening.  And it's the first one that bothers me so much.  If enchanted weapons or tools randomly lost their enchants just sitting in the chest, everyone would be upset about it.  But because it is enchanted grass not as many are affected, so it gets a low priority on being corrected.

If enchanted weapons or tools randomly lost their enchants just sitting in the chest, everyone would be upset about it.

But... Tool enchants do decay over time with use... So... Maybe you're upset because you just can't see the decay happening?

But... Tool enchants do decay over time with use... So... Maybe you're upset because you just can't see the decay happening?

That's the difference, don't you see?  Enchants don't DECAY, they WEAR OFF WITH USE.  These tiles are losing their enchants without being used.

Well there must be some other factor contributing here. There are enchanted grass tiles on abandoned deeds on Elevation that are over a year old now... So they must not receive standard 'decay' in any sense of the term. Even from use because wild animals will graze over these tiles periodically.