Sign in to follow this  
redchance

Paved Tunnels For That Nice Smooth Tunnel Look And Cellars

Here is my idea, Inside of caves I would like to have the option to pave the walls, what if we build a cave through a mountain for people to pass through, well why not make it look nice too, i would like to have the option to have paved bricks walls at least where reinforced cave walls are at. I also would like this as an idea for between houses (for those people who use stone walls between buildings so nobody can get in) I think a stone tunnel between your houses would look majestic if done right, maybe make it curved at the top so it looks even nicer and not squared off

Also wheres our fruit cellars, why cant we have a basement in this game? This would also need paved underground walls, ceilings and floors, it would be cool to tunnel from building to building too or maybe just a tunnel to get to your property. Maybe you wanna tunnel to your allies deeds and only use it for movement purposes, these paved walls could be used to stop mob spawning, but you have to break the wall down in order to mine and when 1 wall is down then mobs can spawn in that entire tunnel now.

This is my idea, i would like to hear opinions and possible other ideas on this idea, i am open to anything, i will frown at sour pusses who don't want change though.

EDIT:  Also these walls would be paint-able maybe for those of you wanting to make your mines a little less gray

Edited by redchance
  • Like 2

So you want a brick patterned, reinforced mine tile?  That is paint-able?

Think there was mention at one point of building walls in caves/tunnels, but was a REALLY low priority (usually with comments about how we're not dwarves throughout the thread as well)

What's wrong with being a dwarf?

I for one embrace the tunnel lifestyle.

Once upon a time, we used to have "basements".... then, they were taken away because it either a.) bothered Rolf or b.) "broke" pvp. I can't remember the exact excuse.

Edited by As_I_Decay

Minedoors inside writs? Aye was some kind of supposed bug at the time.

Asked Rolf about it sometime ago, and he didn't remember what the exact problem was persay.

Minedoors inside writs? Aye was some kind of supposed bug at the time.

Asked Rolf about it sometime ago, and he didn't remember what the exact problem was persay.

Yep, exactly what I was talking about. I had a "cold cellar" on JKh for a year without "problem". Then, one day, someone posted about them in the forums (think it was Nad), and the following day or two they were disabled from being created.

If I recall, it was something to the effect of "mine doors inside buildings are causing certain deeds to be impenetrable on the pvp server and must be disabled"... but, again, it could have just been something Rolf disliked. Either way, the entire player base was confused about Rolf's ruling on the matter.

Edit: Come to think about it, with the changes that multistory brought in regards to needing to plan on a flat tile, I don't think we could bring back mine doors in writs, even if we wanted to.  <_<

Edited by As_I_Decay

When word about it got around Mol Rehan at the time, most of the writs on the House of Mol Rehan deed eventually had their own minedoors, and such access was added to any new construction. We thought it was one of the best things ever, and it never even seemed to be an issue.

In fact I think there may be one or two writs that still have it. Rolf let the old ones remain.

Don't recall who started whining offhand, most of which was about the access. Some complaints on the forum lead to Rolf looking at it, and unfortunately it was working due to some tile bug.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

Look this idea is about adding a new thing to the game, i don't want an ugly mine door in my house. What i want is a basement door (or hatch) that opens up to a real basement, you know the leaky concrete walled rooms underneath of many houses that mice and crickets and 30 year old virgins live in.

u cant use a mine door inside your house at all....., and mine doors are too big they look like they,re built for giants to walk through, its suggestions like that that prevent upgrades to the game

I don't see a problem with adding cellars, providing when you pick the locks of a house, it unlocks the cellar door, etc.   This way it adds mine acess without adding another type of gatehop for the most part.    The tile would have to be flat, and a mine opening.   You can build a cellar door that uses the writ access of the hose to secure it.   Any other type of mine door can't be built at a mine entrance within a house.  

These doors would be pickable, and not nearly as strong a stone mine door.   

Just an idea.   :D

Edited by Battlepaw

how about on the pvp server they just become unlocked  to everyone so you can exploit them as tunnels or whatnot. and on freedom they can be locked and used as normal. Just some kind o warning before people pop out of them on accident then realize they are stuck inside someone's house ;P I'd personally rather have tunnel doors/walls before working on cellars :P  I wouldn't mind an actual "cellar" where instead of making the ground flat... you have to actually mine to the rock and surfce mine it flat first... then when you place the house you get the option of making a cellar... and like making any wall or whatnot... once the house plan is up you mine it say 20 times to "create" it .... won't drop down right away... you have to then decide how deep you want each tile with further mining... and there would be a limit (since it is a floor in a house... so that the cellar isnt more than say 2x a regular floor height? or whatnot... Also you can't extend it further than the actual house plot... and there must be a check for the tiles underneath to make sure they aren't already mined out. of course... before we make cellars... Let's fix staircases :P its been 8 months now and they still don't work :P these ladders are giving my hands splinters! ;P but yea... a cellar would be nice. doesn't have to make pvp any harder... and make it so it only acts as a basement for a house not some big cavernous tunnel to other areas or houses :P 

agreed, well then cellars must not be mine-able too, and i think it should take 50 actions to mine out a basement so that it is equal to what it would be if you mined 1 out in a mine, or whatever amount of actions would be equal to digging a tile equivalent in dirt that way people wouldn't just build home with cellars and destroy them to get a whole tile of dirt out of the way. i don't believe you should be aloud to have a mine in your cellar. if u want a cellar cellar must be built first before any floors above it

lorena never talk again, thats the lazy way for this, people who say things like that dont belong on this forum because they stop bettering of the game.