Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Auto Equip

Auto equip has been added to testserver.

* Context menu options equip, unequip, equip right, equip left. Option should be available when an equip-able item is in inventory, in containers, or in piles on the ground.

* Test keybinds (EQUIP, UNEQUIP, EQUIP_RIGHT, EQUIP_LEFT)

* Drag&drop in the middle of the character window equips it when dragging from inventory, or unequips it when dragging from the character slots

* Should not be able to steal or otherwise take items you normally cannot take.

• Like 13

Hi Manny,

Quick question:

• Any known issues in the main user-path we should know about and/or ignore for now?

Minor bugs/issues

1. have a full inventory (100 items). Use the unequip bind on something that you have equipped and it will succesfully unequip (and make you have 101 items). If you try to use the unequip bind when you have 101 items, it will say [17:30:16] The inventory contains too many items.

However, you can still manually drag off items from your paper doll into your inventory and go way beyond 101 items.

2. using the equip bind on an item that is already equipped will say something like [17:35:01] You wear a toolbelt. even though you already have it equipped. Unequipping, however, does check if an item is already unequipped and it will correctly say [17:36:03] You don't have this item equipped.

Thanks BrQQQ,

This helps me focus my time a bit better when I get online tonight.

On that note, if anyone is planning to be on the test server around 9PM US Pacific (-8GMT), let me know as I want to try some things during trade and combat/dueling as well.  Or if anyone prefers, I can provide my test case ideas if there are people there already trying things out.

I had troubles with the weapons and shields showing up on the paper doll on the test server but the armor worked great...

Edit: I logged out and back in and the weapons are showing up fine now

Edited by Tpikol
Moderation Edit to deleted suggestion

Weapons and armor parts don't show very well in my case without a relog. After relog it is fine.

The equip system itself works very good but I get the equip action on almost every item even on a saddle and on horse shoes ^^. If I want to equip horse shoes to my account it just wears the gloves I wear again. (event message)

I had troubles with the weapons and shields showing up on the paper doll on the test server but the armor worked great...

Edit: I logged out and back in and the weapons are showing up fine now

Same here

Edited by Klaa

Highlighting a group of items, then right click - equip, will only equip 8 of the items.

Minor bugs/issues

1. have a full inventory (100 items). Use the unequip bind on something that you have equipped and it will succesfully unequip (and make you have 101 items). If you try to use the unequip bind when you have 101 items, it will say [17:30:16] The inventory contains too many items.

However, you can still manually drag off items from your paper doll into your inventory and go way beyond 101 items.

2. using the equip bind on an item that is already equipped will say something like [17:35:01] You wear a toolbelt. even though you already have it equipped. Unequipping, however, does check if an item is already unequipped and it will correctly say [17:36:03] You don't have this item equipped.

1. I'm unable to reproduce this issue with a normal player character, I can however do it with a gm char. When dragging items a different code is called that ignores the 100 item limit for gm characters, but I never added that exception to the rule in the equip code.

2. I have added a check for this now so that it wont run the equip code on something that is already equipped.

Weapons and armor parts don't show very well in my case without a relog. After relog it is fine.

The equip system itself works very good but I get the equip action on almost every item even on a saddle and on horse shoes ^^. If I want to equip horse shoes to my account it just wears the gloves I wear again. (event message)

I think this have to do with how players are created on the test servers, we have had issues with this before, and I really hope it will be a non issue for the live servers.

Locking as this was added to the normal servers