Sign in to follow this  
Nadroj

Chaos Server - General Info And Faq

A lot of great info here. As a fairly new play (1 month old) and also just starting out in Chaos (almost 2 weeks) this post is a great source of infomation. It begins to provide a feel for they environment of Chaos for sure. Nothing like jumping in and getting your feet wet though but it does prepare someone for what to expect. The only thing I don't see are references to some of the major points of interest. This is not criticism by any means but just an observation and suggestion...

What are some of the established settlements for each of the kingdoms and where are they? Even just some map coords and perhaps in game contacts to look for. One thing I noticed as a newby is that you can run around a bit getting a feel for the area but Chaos is fairly large and there are quite a few dangers and pitfalls that need to be watched for. having of sense of direction on likely places to go or just find shelter (aside from the actual spawn points) would be very helpful.

Which brings me to.... Maybe a better description of the spawn points and where they are could help people. They are listed in the wiki but nowhere (not that I have found yet anyway) does it actually say where they are other than a general "in the northwest" or similar. Hunter's Lodge has a picture of the location but you have to compare that to the map and figure out where it is. Again, map coords would be very helpful.

It might also be nice to reiterate that Freedom citizens (newbys) WILL be attacked on sight by JK and MR guards. LOL I have been chased down many times and a lot of the time there just is no way to get around them due to terrain or beasts.

One last question... Is there a marketplace on Chaos? Perhaps listing a few places or people where newbys can get some tools and equipment (besides joining a kingdom) would also be helpful... Although it is certainly possible to get the needed supplies on your own (I know this from experience) it does take a lot of time and energy and dieing and being able to get back to your body. All of which is what I like about Wurm but many potential players might get discouraged and say to heck with it. Which could be avoided if they could get some cheap but useful armor and maybe a couple food kits or something cheap or for barter. All I am sure are available...somewhere.... if you can find it.

Thanks again for the great info and keep up the good work.

I tried my hardest to get this information you ask for from the community but I received nothing but negative replies about the subject. You can check chaos forums for my post asking the kingdoms to shed some light for players like yourself who are wondering what each different kingdom/village are about and where they hold territory.

I can however fill you in a bit by PM if you would like for me to do so please let me know.

I tried my best to keep kingdoms out of this thread because i wanted it to not turn into any accusations of bias or recruitment but yes you are correct, the key kingdoms on the server tend to keep their information to themselves until you apply to join them. You'll find recruitment posts for Empire of Mol Rehan, Jenn Kellon and Horde of the Summoned in the village recruitment section which will contain whatever information those kingdoms have chosen to publicly state. Unfortunately the nature of a pvp server means that more often than not, people try to keep information about their villages out of public knowledge unless they are very confident in its defences or trust the people they tell.

The general gist is that Jenn Kellon control a lot of the North, North East (primarily) and Centre of the server. Mol Rehan control the West (primarily) and have influence over the North West and a lot of the South too. Horde of the summoned is situated in the South and South East.

The east coast is not highly populated and somewhat contested between MR and JK though JK control a larger portion of it.

Edited by Nadroj

I tried my best to keep kingdoms out of this thread because i wanted it to not turn into any accusations of bias or recruitment but yes you are correct, the key kingdoms on the server tend to keep their information to themselves until you apply to join them. You'll find recruitment posts for Empire of Mol Rehan, Jenn Kellon and Horde of the Summoned in the village recruitment section which will contain whatever information those kingdoms have chosen to publicly state. Unfortunately the nature of a pvp server means that more often than not, people try to keep information about their villages out of public knowledge unless they are very confident in its defences or trust the people they tell.

The general gist is that Jenn Kellon control a lot of the North, North East (primarily) and Centre of the server. Mol Rehan control the West (primarily) and have influence over the North West and a lot of the South too. Horde of the summoned is situated in the South and South East.

The east coast is not highly populated and somewhat contested between MR and JK though JK control a larger portion of it.

Everything said above is fairly in point. Only one thing is missed which is Freedom has 3 spawn points.. One is located in JK area in the North east, one located at the heart of MR which is about center map but west side and the last one located basically in the middle of all 3 kingdoms in the center of the map almost... just a bit southeast of it.

It is a PvP server and yes the majority of villages and kingdoms tend to not share information so openly. There are a few though if you contact them directly, they will give you a little insight as to how you could fit in and benefit from joining up with them.

I'm pretty sure its 100% safe to say any village or kingdom in general on chaos are more then happy to help out a new player that joins them. And its also pretty safe to say that even if you were to join Joe shmoe village you will see that you will also have help given to you by other allies of the kingdom. Chaos is a place where there is much more community working together vs apart.

I'm pretty sure its 100% safe to say any village or kingdom in general on chaos are more then happy to help out a new player that joins them. And its also pretty safe to say that even if you were to join Joe shmoe village you will see that you will also have help given to you by other allies of the kingdom. Chaos is a place where there is much more community working together vs apart. 

Would say this is correct for HotS, and fitting in on our group is pretty much goes with the interview during application process and slowly progress from there to well.. playing together. I just can't speak for the other kingdoms cause they are other kingdoms :) .

Hey i wanted to know whats the purple square to the north western side of the Chaos map? And is that area inhabited alot? Not new to Wurm but new to the thought of pvp and thinking of traveling there for real estate  :D

Looks like mycellium.. prolly some libila altars. Don't use chaos as real estate, while it have many many many empty lands, it can be disasterous if you are not understand on whose' empty land you are on, how to handle the valrei mobs, pvpers.. how to make a deed unseen, etc... join a kingdom first, wander around, and then consider a real estate ;) .

• Like 1

I have some questions about coming over from Indy.

1.) Are you thrown into a kingdom or can you pick one to swear fealty to? (If you can pick, which one do you start as....none?)

2.) And as a current Vyn Priest will I just carry over my current faith and god or get the option to repick if I want to switch?

Edited by metis

I have some questions about coming over from Indy.

1.) Are you thrown into a kingdom or can you pick one to swear fealty to? (If you can pick, which one do you start as....none?)

2.) And as a current Vyn Priest will I just carry over my current faith and god or get the option to repick if I want to switch?

1.) You are not thrown into a kingdom, you travel over still on freedom. you must be converted by 1 of the Player made kingdoms on the server. Your first step is to contact a kingdom.. their recruitment pages are found in the village recruitment thread. Links are below

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/102455-black-legion-chaos/

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/76938-the-empire-of-mol-rehan-chaos/

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/103428-hots-pmk-ebonaura-recruiting/

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/105701-the-kingdom-of-abralon/

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/94722-jenn-kellon-recruiting-chaos/

(just posted in order of bump in the recruitment thread)

2.) You will carry over all faith and gods when you travel over to Chaos. afaik if you want to switch, you have to start from 30 faith again... unless you do /convert and switch to libilla which means you should retain all your faith afaik.

My apologies if i'm resurrecting an old thread...

On Chaos, I have a fairly new premium character. I'm still learning the ropes.

Can I build a house without a deed?

I think I'm within kingdom territory since there is a guard tower nearby.

Thanks

• Like 1

Aye the building of writs is not restricted by kingdom territory or influence. Enemy kingdoms can even build within each other's lands, just cant place a deed.

Suppose i should have left a note about this thread when i quit, just happened to think of it now while i was browsing the old forum pvp zone hehe. Mods you're welcome to change this thread around, add any info you want etc if its requested. I browse through the wurm forums barely even once a month nowadays. More like every couple months heh.

• Like 1

Suppose i should have left a note about this thread when i quit, just happened to think of it now while i was browsing the old forum pvp zone hehe. Mods you're welcome to change this thread around, add any info you want etc if its requested. I browse through the wurm forums barely even once a month nowadays. More like every couple months heh.

haiii nad!

Well I guess I can't let both MR and JK get all the credit, after all it was my post on chaos forums that lead to all this information being posted.

I'm glad to see much interest in such short period of time, I hope we foresee a healthy community on chaos soon.

To anyone interested Freedom is currently setting up a small base of operations to help new comers to chaos get started. Although it will not be able to provide what the other PMK's can offer, it will be a start to something.

+1

Problem with Chaos is and 5 freedomers have told me the same thing that they are killed right at spawn by freedomers. It's sad that you can't even leave spawn, how are noobs supposed to even get a shot at this game?

The names they have told me I have confirmed are MR alts.

Great job MR kill all the noobs at spawn and keep griefing everyone well see how many more people leave chaos.

Go ahead and flame me and say what you have to idc, you know who you are.

• Like 4

What is a plainswalker? I have a personal goal to become one...most I know about it...it if something that is completely random to become on a PvP server

As per the post it says 15 premium players but on wiki its says 25 players. Can anyone confirm. I am not receiving any sure answers.

Thanks

As per the post it says 15 premium players but on wiki its says 25 players. Can anyone confirm. I am not receiving any sure answers.

Thanks

You mean founding a PMK?

15 for Black Light PMK, 25 for WL one afaik. can be wrong.

You should consider 15 active players your absolute minimum anyways. You will need that much to get your deed built, secured and possibly defended.

If you have 15 active players, you will likely have 20-25 premium accounts anyway as many players have (priest) alts with them.

If you want to be sure on the ingame mechanics regarding this, I'd suggest you browse the game release notes on the wurm wiki.

25 to found it, and the auto disbanding under 15 does not currently work.

Very good read. Thanks. I'm unfamiliar with a lot of this server, even though I've been here for years. I'm just not a heavy player and don't focus on the pvp part. This makes me watn to be part of it.

But I'd want an alt to periodically check on the new players to help them. How do I go about that?

Edited by Lightonfoot