Sign in to follow this  
Nadroj

Chaos Server - General Info And Faq

I like it, lots of information, no kingdom advertising, just a thread to help the server and maybe clear up misunderstandings. One thing you could perhaps add to the "new player" section is that you are safer when you dont hang around deeds without maybe explaining yourself first, can see it a bit like standing next to someone house in real life, while not everyone outright shoots you it does spawn suspicion (if you never say a word)

Oh and another good hint would be to enable private messages if you are new and still freedom, for enemy kingdoms, so you can be contacted/contact someone and avoid the most dangerous situations you might get into until you are converted into an established kingdom.

Edited by Febur
  • Like 1

Unsure as to where to pin this topic, it doesn't really belong in New Arrivals and for Town Square we should have a similar thread about Epic.

Pin it here and hope someone is inspired to write one for Epic i guess? I don't know anywhere near enough about life on the epic servers to write such a thing myself.

Pinning this one at New Arrivals for now :)

Why not both, or at least a link pinned in Theatre.

• Like 1

very nice post thanks for the info. heheh alot i didnt know and i have been here for a few months already

I aim to please :P

Edited by Nadroj

Awesome post Nadroj, I know you spent a lot of time on this and especially made sure it was as unbiased as possible. Shame donangelo had to spoil that...

At the moment, libila priests who cross border out from chaos will lose theirs priesthood, faith, favor, and alignment but this is NOT intended. So for any fellow libila priests out there who have to visit freedom, I would advice to ask /support first or at least take screenshot of your current faith, favor, and alignment before passing.

At the moment, libila priests who cross border out from chaos will lose theirs priesthood, faith, favor, and alignment but this is NOT intended. So for any fellow libila priests out there who have to visit freedom, I would advice to ask /support first or at least take screenshot of your current faith, favor, and alignment before passing.

''Libila faith players on freedom servers were set to no deity. They will receive their deity back on Chaos.''

who wants to go first? lol

or is this only for followers? :)

Edited by Sharkin

Edited in some differences between Epic and Chaos, some more information about raids and also a warning about libila priests currently losing their faith when travelling to Freedom.

''Libila faith players on freedom servers were set to no deity. They will receive their deity back on Chaos.''

who wants to go first? lol

or is this only for followers? :)

I already tested that >_> .. im libila priest.

Great post, very helpful. I'm brand new to Wurm and chose Chaos server as my location. From what you described it's the perfect scenario. I like to RP, and open PvP can really enhance that. Still a F2P player though, will most likely sub once my skills are maxed if not before then. If there's any help you guys can direct me in that'd be much appreciated!

Am I able to post here? A while back I sent a message to the gm's or moderators (or whatever they're called) in-game to gain access to this forum, but I don't think it ever got through.

Anyway, welcome Gade! Wurm Online is the greatest "game" world I've yet experienced online. It can be tough, especially when you're new, but it's tough no matter whether you're new or not, depending on what you do and where you go. Chaos is a unique server because of its pvp and its immense hilly terrain and its long history.

One thing I'd like to say is that I had troubles back around the May or early April time period when trying to change my kingdom. Somehow, I accidentally became allied with Mol Rehan. I had to go through a lot of pains to switch back to freedom. I don't regret it, since I learned a lot, but it's very difficult to switch kingdoms when you don't know a lot about the map or where the enemy kingdoms are and you can't speak to enemy players in private messaging. I had a thought while playing that it'd be nice if you could Surrender! to enemy tower guards and somehow join their kingdom on a temporary or permanent basis and thus not be attacked by them. Something like this could be intuitive I think, but since reputation is also important in this matter, leaders of hte kingdom should be informed. For example, if I was a known aggressor and had attacked the kingdom previously, I should not be able to autojoin too easily.

Good luck Gade. I have been about 4 months away from Wurm Online on a break, but I think I'll soon be coming back for another round of premium. This game truly is Awesome(!), but it's not a casual game and you have to be prepared for some hardship. You will need to store some links and use the in-game help a lot.

Here're a few links for you (and for anyone else interested):

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/35467-guide-to-the-stone-age/

http://surviverman-on-wurm.blogspot.com/p/adventure-1.html
http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/40508-guide-to-feeding-yourself/

http://gmapuploader.com/iframe/Be05HbJIXv

http://i5.minus.com/ib1iTsWHJEbwpz.jpg

http://wurmtools.com/calculators/deed

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page

Edited by Lightonfoot

WARNING This system is currently bugged and Libila priests leaving the server are losing all faith. Hopefully a fix will occur soon. If you absolutely must leave chaos as a libila priest ensure that you screenshot and record your faith and alignment as proof of your loss, GMs can't be expected to fix this constantly of course.

Per today info from Hordrem, Libila priests will lose priesthood, all faith, favor, and alignment upon crossing border and this is what decided to be the mechanic.

Unfortunate that, sounds like another thing to make life as a HotS player a harder one. At any rate thanks for the update i'll change that.

I am Lib-Priest and have 4 or more crossing border. But all time another problems :(

Stuck at border and other!

Sometime i have building Lib-Altar on Cele, sometime can not pray :D

Sometime convert to Freedom and crossing border Cele to Exo: You are Lib-Priest on Exo!? :unsure:

Its a mystery .....  and very dangerous :P

I am Lib-Priest and have 4 or more crossing border. But all time another problems :(

Stuck at border and other!

Sometime i have building Lib-Altar on Cele, sometime can not pray :D

Sometime convert to Freedom and crossing border Cele to Exo: You are Lib-Priest on Exo!? :unsure:

Its a mystery .....  and very dangerous :P

Another note khatanka: it is illegal to build libila altar or convert someone in freedom to libila religion. It is written on the bone altar.

Unfortunate that, sounds like another thing to make life as a HotS player a harder one. At any rate thanks for the update i'll change that.

Yeah, sorry to HotS about the increasing difficulty in trading on Freedom for BL priests there, but that was far preferable to the potentially heavily exploitable situation we realised could otherwise occur.

yep, as bl priests can craft when they are on freedom. :/

Sometime yes, sometime no! That the raeson, i sell my deed on cele! I cannot build on it!

:)

A lot of great info here. As a fairly new play (1 month old) and also just starting out in Chaos (almost 2 weeks) this post is a great source of infomation. It begins to provide a feel for they environment of Chaos for sure. Nothing like jumping in and getting your feet wet though but it does prepare someone for what to expect. The only thing I don't see are references to some of the major points of interest. This is not criticism by any means but just an observation and suggestion...

What are some of the established settlements for each of the kingdoms and where are they? Even just some map coords and perhaps in game contacts to look for. One thing I noticed as a newby is that you can run around a bit getting a feel for the area but Chaos is fairly large and there are quite a few dangers and pitfalls that need to be watched for. having of sense of direction on likely places to go or just find shelter (aside from the actual spawn points) would be very helpful.

Which brings me to.... Maybe a better description of the spawn points and where they are could help people. They are listed in the wiki but nowhere (not that I have found yet anyway) does it actually say where they are other than a general "in the northwest" or similar. Hunter's Lodge has a picture of the location but you have to compare that to the map and figure out where it is. Again, map coords would be very helpful.

It might also be nice to reiterate that Freedom citizens (newbys) WILL be attacked on sight by JK and MR guards. LOL I have been chased down many times and a lot of the time there just is no way to get around them due to terrain or beasts.

One last question... Is there a marketplace on Chaos? Perhaps listing a few places or people where newbys can get some tools and equipment (besides joining a kingdom) would also be helpful... Although it is certainly possible to get the needed supplies on your own (I know this from experience) it does take a lot of time and energy and dieing and being able to get back to your body. All of which is what I like about Wurm but many potential players might get discouraged and say to heck with it. Which could be avoided if they could get some cheap but useful armor and maybe a couple food kits or something cheap or for barter. All I am sure are available...somewhere.... if you can find it.

Thanks again for the great info and keep up the good work.

What are some of the established settlements for each of the kingdoms and where are they? Even just some map coords and perhaps in game contacts to look for. 

You don't go to the kingdoms settlements to join, you apply for em on forum. Check the recruitment forum!

Which brings me to.... Maybe a better description of the spawn points and where they are could help people. 

Sounds a good idea.

It might also be nice to reiterate that Freedom citizens (newbys) WILL be attacked on sight by JK and MR guards. LOL I have been chased down many times and a lot of the time there just is no way to get around them due to terrain or beasts.

BL tower guards too. We are far from spawns tho.

One last question... Is there a marketplace on Chaos? 

Not as far as I know. But kingdoms does take care their people of their needs on specific way. Freedom.. is not actually a kingdom but more of a neutral start location but I heard Fort Freedom near hunter's lodge are helping freedomers.

Edited by rosedragon

Which brings me to.... Maybe a better description of the spawn points and where they are could help people. They are listed in the wiki but nowhere (not that I have found yet anyway) does it actually say where they are other than a general "in the northwest" or similar. Hunter's Lodge has a picture of the location but you have to compare that to the map and figure out where it is. Again, map coords would be very helpful.

Due to the PvP nature of the server, few detailed maps are released as opposing kingdoms don't want their enemies getting the plans. The overmap indicates rough positions of the spawn towns though: http://blackburrow.s3-external-3.amazonaws.com/overmap/wurm_overmap.html

You can then click on the server map you're on and get a far more detailed and zoomable version.

One last question... Is there a marketplace on Chaos?

At each start point you can find one or more traders. Some even Merchants.

PS: Just north of Hunters Lodge is a cave with good iron deposits and forge, accessible to all.

Good luck :)