Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Wurm V1.1 Summer Update Release Next Week

hai, I got some pictures of findings on test server.. in spoiler in case some people want a zurprises!

wurm201306151915_zpsdb0aef07.jpg

Pretty flowers :D. This are flower pots. Make the pots with clay+ hand, and burn it on fire, then activate flower and plant it on the pot.

wurm201306151915_1_zpsb7b7a696.jpg

Curb from rock shards and stone fence. Any idea to use this stone fence that is not covered by low stone wall? xD

wurm201306151915_2_zpsc94028c9.jpg

High iron fence and high iron fence gate. If I'm not wrong they took 15 iron bricks and 2 fence bars to createwurm201306151915_3_zpsa8db0154.jpg

Variety of roundpole fences.. I think they fit in for a vineyard or a farm.

wurm201306151915_4_zps228259ad.jpg

Rope fences made from a few ropes and shafts. The low one is passable. The tall ones seems like a good fence for horse stable?

wurm201306151929_zps17904c4f.jpg

wurm201306151929_1_zps0114c8e0.jpg

wurm201306151929_2_zpsa76180d9.jpg

Flower beds! These pretty things happen to be categorized as fences. 5 flowers of same kind 1 dirt 4? planks and 1 small iron nails needed I believe. To create, activate flower and right click the tile border. My fav is the white dotted one (uncommon!)

wurm201306151952_zps62181f41.jpg

Night fall and what was that light up ahead? Ohhh the new lava fiend! What a handsome looking guy!

wurm201306151952_1_zpsfc93b432.jpg

I guess he breath fire.. my animations somehow is off so/.. :/

wurm201306151953_zps6c9bf451.jpg

ups.. the critter is dead..

wurm201306152026_zpsde129049.jpg

So let's make it a burial!

That's all. I wish I could see the newest trees but I can't find one.

• Like 10

Nice nice one Rose .....

This all looks very cool, can't wait :)

Great work on the pic's ;)

Any idea to use this stone fence that is not covered by low stone wall? xD

The idea is twofold, firstly the stone fence is slightly higher than player height, so it can be used to create a privacy fence without having to create a full tall stone wall, which has battlements etc that wouldn't otherwise blend in - secondly, the texturing on the stone fence blends in to houses, low stone walls do not, so it'll look a bit prettier alongside them and other types of fence like iron ones. It's all about customisation :3

The idea is twofold, firstly the stone fence is slightly higher than player height, so it can be used to create a privacy fence without having to create a full tall stone wall, which has battlements etc that wouldn't otherwise blend in - secondly, the texturing on the stone fence blends in to houses, low stone walls do not, so it'll look a bit prettier alongside them and other types of fence like iron ones. It's all about customisation :3

OHHH awesome use! That actually would help my halfway warehouse, a stone house with one tall wall for the stable thing ^^ .

Let me know when roses flowerbed and pot can be tested xD

Edited by rosedragon

when i think about it, those low rope pole fences may be good for making Harbours prettier ;)

• Like 1

Curb from rock shards and stone fence. Any idea to use this stone fence that is not covered by low stone wall? xD

I just hated the look of the old low stone wall so yes i see tons of reasons to use it over the ones we have now. 

i really hope farming isnt nerfed for higher levels.

• Like 1

dont think it is nerfed.. it just more of if you neglect, then the yields are minimal.. if you keep tending the farm, the yield is super... the system was there before, just less useful / noticeable.

Tried the foraging & botinizing on the test server the other day, nice to be able to find mushrooms and whole pumpkins  :)

I hope that the mushrooms also stay as a (during rain ?) spawn item too though.

Will the stone curbs and flower beds be something I can pass through or will the be like a wall or tall hedge?

Will the stone curbs and flower beds be something I can pass through or will the be like a wall or tall hedge?

they, and low rope fence can be passed through.

And oh, maybe just hasn't been implemented, but there is no shortcut to open the new character thing. I found out you can open it from option and by double clicking the health bar but that is a bit tedious. Also while the whole thing is pretty and the wound type icons are neat, isn't this means less counter-intuitive when trying to quickly heal yourself or activate hand / weapon (axes.. for cutting trees)? of course safe to say this eliminate the need of scrolling up and down inventory when trying to equip or something...

Edited by rosedragon

If only pristine and release would finally get connected... 

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, June 16, 2013 - spammer
Hidden by Jberg, June 16, 2013 - spammer

wlcnzw-7596-vjkmnl

http://www.peoso.com/thread-1106-1-1.html

http://dg.netbeb.com/bbs/read.php?tid=495078&displayMode=1

http://www.mv-club.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=11278

http://ye0512.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2748808&extra=

http://www.carsunion.cn/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=114021

http://www.2killtime.com/?q=content/people-are-awesome-2&page=172#comment-128082

Doctors, by the numbers, Dr. Michael D. Merrill, a primary care doctor in Batavia, explains a doctor visit this way: Every 15 minutes, you have an hour of work to do. So it ends up being like working in fast food. And yet it has to be done for the public good, and it's still a good job, as far as jobs go, so I'm not complaining – I'm just explaining. You have to see a certain number of patients in a day just to keep the practice open. But at the same time every patient who walks in my office could benefit from at least an hour of my time.

A good doctor-patient relationship is essential to achieving the best possible care, but the reality is, most doctors have less and less time to spend with each patient. So it's important for patients to take some responsibility for that relationship, too, says Dr. Paul Griner, an internist, professor of medicine emeritus at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and author of The Power of Patient Stories: Learning Moments in Medicine. More than 80 percent of doctors said patient relationships were the most satisfying part of their job, according to a survey of more than 13,000 doctors last year by the Physicians Foundation that Griner referred to in a recent news release. Those doctors also said they were spending an average of almost one-quarter of their workday on paperwork not directly tied to patient care. Griner and Merrill provided several suggestions about how patients can compensate for the time squeeze:

1. Be early or on time: About 15 percent of patients are late, which can add to the squeeze, Griner says. 2. Have a list of medications: Or better yet, Merrill told Refresh, My preference is to have patients bring in all their pill bottles, inhalers and insulin to every visit so that I can know what they are taking exactly. A list is OK as long as it is updated, but even intelligent and motivated people don't update the list enough. 3. Come prepared with information and questions: Prepare your thoughts ahead of time so that you can be as precise and accurate as possible, Griner says. What are the symptoms? When did they begin? What were you doing at the time?

How are the symptoms affected by activity or rest? What makes them worse? Have you been able to do anything to relieve the symptoms? How have they affected your daily activities? Don't surprise the doc with doorknob complaints' as the doc is leaving the room, adds Merrill. Don't drop something on them like, I have chest pain.' 4. Focus on the questions the doctor is asking you: As obvious as it might be, it's worth repeating that the doctor is not asking you questions to be social; questions are the best way of figuring out what's wrong with you, Merrill says.

There may be 50 questions the doc needs answered. Please don't tell a long story after each question. 5. Bring copies of test or procedure records: Primary care is a partnership. If you keep track of what preventive tests you have had and need, that helps, Merrill says. 6. Be prepared to give and get as much information as possible: Let your doctor know when you are using any complementary or alternative medicine, Griner says, and bring a spouse or other relative with you when the problem is complicated. Two pairs of ears are better than one for remembering what the doctor said. Ask your doctor how you can help make the visit more productive, advises Merrill.

ALL WE REALY NEED THIS TIME ARE BRIDGESSS!!!

Or "taming and picking up stuff" checkbox in the deed settings seperated XD It would enhance my wurm-performance ;) XD

Would love bridges, but would love MORE of pick stuffs up as deed roles. Also while we are at it, 'destroy' setting should prevent destroying anything including statues and bsbs inside houses ;p .

dont think it is nerfed.. it just more of if you neglect, then the yields are minimal.. if you keep tending the farm, the yield is super... the system was there before, just less useful / noticeable.

Hopefully it's this > There is no possibility for farming yields to go below what they currently produce. The changes make it so raking (farm action) increases base yield substantially more than before. Often 2 rakes doubles your base no-rake-yield. NOTE....ALL CONJECTURE!

The Dev's need to realize that it takes less effort make more tiles than rake. But if raking increased yield proportional time wise to the  sow-harvest-only base yield it would be better. In my case its ~4 sec for sow and harvest. That's 8s for 7 to 9 crops. My rake time with a high ql, woa rake is ~4s. So two rakes would give me 14 to 18 crops per tile.

With this you could either make a bigger farm or do more raking, either way the time spent will product the same yield.

And oh, maybe just hasn't been implemented, but there is no shortcut to open the new character thing.

You can bind this window to any key you want by typing "bind key TOGGLE_CHARACTER" in the ingame console.

You can bind this window to any key you want by typing "bind key TOGGLE_CHARACTER" in the ingame console.

Should it have default bind to help new players? edit: nvm there is mouseover.

Edited by rosedragon

Should it have default bind to help new players? While we are at it.. maybe a renaming for the top menus to something like console (f1) stats (f2) :)

It's bound to B by default

I like the look of this patch but as a Mag priest main for god knows how many years I'm kind of hoping I'm not completely undermined by the whole implementation of Sorcerers. The penalties on priests especially as a main has always been pretty strong so unless the Sorcerer's are equally penalized they should be within no comparison to priests imho. 

I like the look of this patch but as a Mag priest main for god knows how many years I'm kind of hoping I'm not completely undermined by the whole implementation of Sorcerers. The penalties on priests especially as a main has always been pretty strong so unless the Sorcerer's are equally penalized they should be within no comparison to priests imho.

If its karma based abilities I see no real problems, priests regen favor passively, you have to work to get karma, doing missions etc

Beware wizards and their magical macguffins...

TdAAR8d.gif

EDIT: Come to think of it... we totally need a mystical hotdog in Wurm.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this