Sign in to follow this  
robino

Shield Bashing

why is training shield bashing so hard?

i have 3.3 in shield bashing

i've been at it continuously for 1 hour bashing a pig with my 50ql large wooden shield

i have gained 0.3 in the skill during this time

is advancing in this skill bugged or am i doing something wrong?

I don't think you can continue bashing the same animal over and over again. Try switching animals once in a while.

Mm that seems a bit low but it is a slower skill to raise.

Get a coc shield if you can & using sb doesn't hurt.

As far as I can tell you don't need to change animals. I've used the same horse for hours. Just back up out of the pen as you are about to run out of stamina.

Making sure you stop to regen stamina is crucial for skills like this as you gain no skill when you have no stam.

It is painfully slow; even slower if you miss a lot so make sure you're not.  If you are then maybe try a less nimble animal.  Can't suggest much more than that really except to keep at it if you really want to level it.

It's because there's a 15 second cooldown so people are unable to skill it very high allowing people with 50+ or even 70+ to have a nice advantage from prior change. (Imo allow shieldbashing on animals constant, and players with a cooldown).

it starts out very slow at the beginning at lower levels because you don't succeed very much, but if you keep going eventually it'll get easier to gain skill. i personally find the skillgain to be fine, its a very useful skill so its a bit slower

• Like 1

why is training shield bashing so hard?

i have 3.3 in shield bashing

i've been at it continuously for 1 hour bashing a pig with my 50ql large wooden shield

i have gained 0.3 in the skill during this time

is advancing in this skill bugged or am i doing something wrong?

As I've told you in game... It's hard at first until around 15 or so skill, then you start to succeed more and get skill, and to use a low ql coc shield.

Otherwise, yes it is quite a slow grind but, I have over 60 and can attest to how deadly it can be, and that it should remain a hard earned skill.

Dont listen to that low ql shield crap, thats why it is will take you so long to get rolling, you miss waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more with a low ql shield making your torture even worse then it needs to be.

Edited by Suntzu

now im increasing my shield bashing skill

it seems i am getting more successful attempts by doing the following:

- using a hi ql shield

- having advantageous footing (height advantage)

- choosing a low CR enemy to start (such as a pig) (i was already doing this)

• Like 2