Sign in to follow this  
Talilon

Over 81% Agree, Enchanted Grass Needs Fixed. More Than 51% Ask For Permanent Grass. Op Updated With Ideas :)

Should enchanted grass be changed?  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Should enchanted grass be changed?

• Yes, it should be permanent like it was before it was nerfed!
    • Yes, it should be harder to destroy but still have a chance to be packed.
    • No, but lower the cooldown between casts.
    • No, it's fine the way it is.

So far the majority agrees, Enchanted Grass needs some love.  What do you think? Place your vote above.

Problems with Enchanted Grass as is....

1) Grass packs from animals grazing on it way too often.

2) Grass reverts to normal grass randomly even without any animals in the pen (bug or intended?)

Here are some of the ideas we have come up with, so far, to fix enchanted grass. They are listed in no particular order.

Have an idea to make Enchanted Grass better? We would love to hear it. Please post it below!

1) Kegan:  Make enchanted grass have growing heights like normal grass. When it's eaten down, it won't feed animals, but it never packs.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/82281-should-enchanted-grass-be-changed-devs-the-numbers-are-in-please-fix-enchanted-grass/#entry820786

2) Talilon: Make Enchanted grass permanent, but only on deed,

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/82281-should-enchanted-grass-be-changed-devs-the-numbers-are-in-please-fix-enchanted-grass/page-2#entry821380

3) Reaverkane: Permanent Enchanted Grass on deed, but only if the animal ratio is above 15

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/82281-should-enchanted-grass-be-changed-devs-the-numbers-are-in-please-fix-enchanted-grass/page-2#entry821704

4) Spellcast: Enchanted Grass can still be packed, but it lasts a lot longer on deed than it does off deed

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/82281-should-enchanted-grass-be-changed-devs-the-numbers-are-in-please-fix-enchanted-grass/page-4#entry844403

5) Spellcast: Add some sort of feeding trough to the game which would act like a bsb but only hold grain, and allow animals to feed off of it.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/82281-should-enchanted-grass-be-changed-devs-the-numbers-are-in-please-fix-enchanted-grass/page-6#entry850658

6) Vroomfondel: Add a way to refresh Enchanted Grass to keep it from decaying.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/82281-should-enchanted-grass-be-changed-devs-the-numbers-are-in-please-fix-enchanted-grass/page-6#entry854490

Edited by Talilon

I don't remember who had the idea first but i liked the idea of it staying enchanted but losing its "nutrition/height stages" if it is crowded. This way you don't lose the enchant on the tile but the horses can still die if there are to many in one space because it does not have time to regrow before it gets eaten.

Edit: I guess they can add a visual stage where you can see that the title has lost its nutrition/height so we know if the tile is depleted. This would fix the only thing i can think of that would be a downside to it. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 11

I don't remember who had the idea first but i liked the idea of it staying enchanted but losing its "nutrition/height stages" if it is crowded. This way you don't lose the enchant on the tile but the horses can still die if there are to many in one space because it does not have time to regrow before it gets eaten.

That's an awesome Idea! I wonder if it would be too much work for such a low priority item.

• Like 2

I think there is a post about it in the suggestions if it has not archived but i don't have time to look for it right now.

Edit: Just feel lucky we have it at all Rolf wanted it to be that we have to hand feed animals to keep them..

Allright, that they turned to grass even with flowers was a bug introduced yesterday when I made them foragable.

The rate of packing due to grazing was overnerfed and will be reduced to 30% of the current situation next update.

Note that you're actually supposed to feed your animals manually (or keep fewer) and not be able to keep a large amount of enchanted grass tiles live. Enchanted grass was overpowered so to speak.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/69657-rate-of-enchanted-grass-packing-is-way-too-high/page-3#entry687425

Edited by Kegan

Edit: I guess they can add a visual stage where you can see that the title has lost its nutrition/height so we know if the tile is depleted to fix the only thing i can think of that would be a downside to it. 

This!

• Like 2

Would be nice to get a way to remove it (priest spell or higher level of Love) so that if someone griefs with it it can be fixed easier seeing as Pillars dont always remove it

Would be nice to get a way to remove it (priest spell or higher level of Love) so that if someone griefs with it it can be fixed easier seeing as Pillars dont always remove it

You can pack enchanted grass with a shovel.

I would like the grass heights to work for enchanted grass, if its too low no grazing but at least the grass stays. Having to hand-feed your animals is a ridiculous idea, unless you really expect people to be able to login to the game every single day to feed their animals.

• Like 2

Right now its not worth the time to get to level 7 in path of love to get this ability.

noone in their right mind is buying eg. and my priest is forever stuck in path of love lvl 6 until...

Revert the grass to how it was and all will be well.

• Like 1

WOW, this time it might work!!  

Good idea have a vote on a topic that already has three threads dedicated to it!!!  

This is certain to do UTTERLY NOTHING!!!

I like enchanted grass the way it is.  Needing to "keep" animals rather than another a milk-toast solution on a PVP server keeps people distracted which reduces the PVE "i want the bonus but no threat or strain" mindsets from crossing the portal......who cares what they do in PVE land; give them normal grass with zero trample that lasts forever and enchanted grass that cures sickness for all I care. 

WOW, this time it might work!!  

Good idea have a vote on a topic that already has three threads dedicated to it!!!  

This is certain to do UTTERLY NOTHING!!!

I like enchanted grass the way it is.  Needing to "keep" animals rather than another a milk-toast solution on a PVP server keeps people distracted which reduces the PVE "i want the bonus but no threat or strain" mindsets from crossing the portal......who cares what they do in PVE land; give them normal grass with zero trample that lasts forever and enchanted grass that cures sickness for all I care. 

Never say never.  The fact that there are 3 threads on the subject and they are still getting posts shows that more and more, players do not agree with you and would like to see this reverted or modified better.  Rolf has relented to the desires of the playerbase before.  He quickly changed his mind after making old JHK open to pvp.  He did so again after trying to change how lamps worked ondeed last year because he saw how much we really wanted the change reverted.  He not only changed it back, but also made use of the oil barrels he had previously made necessary by adding a new feature so we could light the roads offdeed in our areas.  Rolf does hear us and listens.  All it takes is to simply continue requesting, so he knows it is still a problem and we really want the change, and we're not just having the normal knee-jerk rage every nerf brings at first.

Edited by Vroomfondel
  • Like 3

Never say never.  The fact that there are 3 threads on the subject and they are still getting posts shows that more and more, players do not agree with you and would like to see this reverted or modified better.  Rolf has relented to the desires of the playerbase before.  He quickly changed his mind after making old JHK open to pvp.  He did so again after trying to change how lamps worked ondeed last year because he saw how much we really wanted the change reverted.  He not only changed it back, but also made use of the oil barrels he had previously made necessary by adding a new feature so we could light the roads offdeed in our areas.  Rolf does hear us and listens.  All it takes is to simply continue requesting, so he knows it is still a problem and we really want the change, and we're not just having the normal knee-jerk rage every nerf brings at first.

Sounds like you are banking all your hopes on "whining him to the point closest to death that he has to decide to die or give in to you".  You are right that is not knee-jerking it is straight up good old fashion pre-school problem solving at the finest it can be displayed by an adult.

Sounds like you are banking all your hopes on "whining him to the point closest to death that he has to decide to die or give in to you".  You are right that is not knee-jerking it is straight up good old fashion pre-school problem solving at the finest it can be displayed by an adult.

If you care as little as you say you do, why are you on here attacking people for posting their opinion? Keep it civil please.

This is a poll to find out how people feel about how enchanted grass currently works. No need to attack them for posting on topic.

Thanks

If you care as little as you say you do, why are you on here attacking people for posting their opinion? Keep it civil please.

This is a poll to find out how people feel about how enchanted grass currently works. No need to attack them for posting on topic.

Thanks

If you think I am out of line report me and do not discuss it in the forums please there is a system for such things.  I am not interested in you suggesting I am doing something wrong, in fact I am a little upset you are even suggesting I am attacking anyone which unto itself is a bit of a rule break.  ;)   Can not we disagree without you falling back to trying to make me out as an attacker?!  If you can not handle a discussion maybe you should not post, comment or read the forums.......

Just because I do not get in line with the "whine till we get our way" version done in a poll does not meant that I do not care.  In fact is is QUITE the other way around and I suspect you know it but it is counter to your grass lives forever goal.  I care so much, about this poll and the other posts being a bad ideas, I feel that I need to throw my 10cents into the COMMUNITY discussion on this because what I am seeing is not what I wish to see.  (it is just like your wish to see grass changed only it is not in line with YOUR want, not an attack just not the same as your goals)  I think it is wrong to badger Rolf or to question his already defined stances OR even to have another poll on something that has already been decided; but those are my feelings on it not law.   I will ALWAYS counter anything that wraps PVP servers into a PVE server's happy-go-lucky no harm should come mindset.  If people like me do not counter post to show there are people who disagree with the whine till we get it mindset....you will always just win because no-one dared say, 'I think your idea is bad, answered and moving toward griefing via reposting".

(p.s. I never said I did not care overall, I only stated I do not care what happens on the PVE servers.  Since I am the only one splitting hairs on PVP vs. PVE I find it funny you tried to twist my words into another meaning.  I can see why you would attempt to do so...just going to calk it up to the final gasps of the 'change grass' monster.)

More recent changes to the game have made the nerf that was placed on enchanted grass totally unnecessay. It should be put back like it was.

What about the option for:  "No matter what I think, any requested change is likely to just cause us to lose previous enchanted grass tiles en-mass again"

[...]

I only stated I do not care what happens on the PVE servers.[...]

When did this thread become about PVP vs. PVE?  And what impact would it have in PVP when you can just use a shovel to pack the tile to get rid of the enchanted grass?

Only impact I can see would be related to creating walls with enchanted olive trees, but to my knowledge the tree enchanting aspects of the feature were not part of the last few rounds of changes to the enchant feature, so are a non-issue in the current topic.  Unless your fear is that they are asking for all ways to "easily" remove enchanted grass to be removed?

Edited by Hussars

If you think I am out of line report me and do not discuss it in the forums please there is a system for such things.  I am not interested in you suggesting I am doing something wrong, in fact I am a little upset you are even suggesting I am attacking anyone which unto itself is a bit of a rule break.   ;)   Can not we disagree without you falling back to trying to make me out as an attacker?!  If you can not handle a discussion maybe you should not post, comment or read the forums.......

Just because I do not get in line with the "whine till we get our way" version done in a poll does not meant that I do not care.  In fact is is QUITE the other way around and I suspect you know it but it is counter to your grass lives forever goal.  I care so much, about this poll and the other posts being a bad ideas, I feel that I need to throw my 10cents into the COMMUNITY discussion on this because what I am seeing is not what I wish to see.  (it is just like your wish to see grass changed only it is not in line with YOUR want, not an attack just not the same as your goals)  I think it is wrong to badger Rolf or to question his already defined stances OR even to have another poll on something that has already been decided; but those are my feelings on it not law.   I will ALWAYS counter anything that wraps PVP servers into a PVE server's happy-go-lucky no harm should come mindset.  If people like me do not counter post to show there are people who disagree with the whine till we get it mindset....you will always just win because no-one dared say, 'I think your idea is bad, answered and moving toward griefing via reposting".

(p.s. I never said I did not care overall, I only stated I do not care what happens on the PVE servers.  Since I am the only one splitting hairs on PVP vs. PVE I find it funny you tried to twist my words into another meaning.  I can see why you would attempt to do so...just going to calk it up to the final gasps of the 'change grass' monster.)

What is the point of a suggestions forum? To change aspects of the game to make it more enjoyable. the grass to be reverted. We would not like to just go with whatever the game throws at us, just like you guys would not wish that PvP was just dropped. What if Rolf were to decide that PvP was no longer needed, and just shut it all down. Why would you go out and complain about something that has already been decided? (To use your own words).Obviously to a good deal of us we wish for the grass to be reverted.

Also, why do you assume we are all care bears? Because we happen to play a more constructive game rather then flat out PvP? It's not like most of all of us haven't ever played PvP before. I for one have played PvP in other games for several years, so I know how to PvP. You need to re-examine how you think of us. We also make up a majority of the players to the game, so does that not say something about the general gameplay of Wurm?

• Like 1

What if Rolf were to decide that PvP was no longer needed, and just shut it all down.

Well, I would quit as the reason for being here would be gone.  Not going to suggest you should quit over grass but man it would send a message.

All that you say is keen but wasted on me I guess as I think you claiming one thing and doing something else.  Enchanted grass is fine and does not need to be rolled back IMHO.  The majority of reasons I have seen on the forums for a roll back are IMHO selfish driven reasons.  Perfect example: Path of Love is not ruined, worthless or otherwise.  It has been changed, or as some strange side effect, to prevent anyone from getting closer to near unlimited work free feeding of animals...reducing or making it hard to have large collections is a good thing IMHO. Right or wrong that is how I feel.   So again  I -1 it and every future reworded version of it.

I thank you for your civil response to my post. As it seems I will not change your mind, and you mine, I think it best to respond to other peoples' posts instead of each others' instead of filling up this thread with a conversation that could be achieved via PM.

*Tips Hat*

Current grass system is working actually pretty good. I have ~100 enchanted grass tiles which are packed with animals. There is one tile packed every one or two weeks, which is easily replacable. So I don't see that as a problem. I'd rather see Rolf remove the village animal ratio system, that is seriously limiting breeding.

Keep whining Outlander, i think your winning!

Yes, it should be permanent like it was before it was nerfed!

I want to see changes to the animals system so we can keep 100's of animals. Hoarding is fun! And changes that make the game more fun are a WIN.

oh and...

How is insulting other people opinions going to help? Some folks have a different opinion than you and are asking for changes to suit that desire. You disagree with those opinions, thats great, and its good to see your willing to speak up and support your desire.

Although, It seem to me you could have supported your position just as well by saying something like, " I think enchanted grass destruction helps game balance by increasing the effort one must spend to take care of their animals. I enjoy the immersion of having to take care of my animals just like I do in real life. We have had many problems in the past with player's animal collections and making it easier to keep more animals isn't going get rid of those problems". No, Instead you chose to call someone else childish and immature.

Keep whining Outlander, i think your winning!

Sounds like you are attacking I suspect it is all you got.  ;)   

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Jberg, June 12, 2013 - cleaning
Hidden by Jberg, June 12, 2013 - cleaning

Yes, it should be permanent like it was before it was nerfed!

I want to see changes to the animals system so we can keep 100's of animals. Hoarding is fun! And changes that make the game more fun are a WIN.

oh and...

How is insulting other people opinions going to help? Some folks have a different opinion than you and are asking for changes to suit that desire. You disagree with those opinions, thats great, and its good to see your willing to speak up and support your desire.

Although, It seem to me you could have supported your position just as well by saying something like, " I think enchanted grass destruction helps game balance by increasing the effort one must spend to take care of their animals. I enjoy the immersion of having to take care of my animals just like I do in real life. We have had many problems in the past with player's animal collections and making it easier to keep more animals isn't going get rid of those problems". No, Instead you chose to call someone else childish and immature.

I will send my posts over for your review once your check clears for my sub.  

Oh not going to pay it?   You can shut your mouth on HOW I should support anything or report me.  I am not your kid, your wife or someone who works for you spare me your little whatever that was.  You can priv message me if you going to cry to me about how much I upset you rather than fill this post up with even more worthless stuff.

I could have said all that happy hippy stuff, but I prefer to be more like:  Your grass idea is foolish built upon foolish ideas that require me to see what are reallyh the childish selfish driving forces as something other than childish selfish reasons you are lying about.  You say tomato I tend to throw it.

Edited by outlander