Sign in to follow this  
Maylilyx

Can Newbie Items Be Looted On Chaos?

Ok, I know this sounds really stupid and well, noobish. But as far as the wiki and tutorial said, newbie items stay with you after you die and do not go on your corpse.

But does this apply to PvP deaths?  I was killed about a week ago by some random player. I had to log off pretty much a minute after my death for something. I logged on today and I was pretty surprised that all my newbie items like the pickaxe, the hatchet, and the steel and flint gone. The only thing left was that mirror.

Could they have looted all that stuff? I thought newbie items didn't drop. If they didn't could they decay? I was only gone for like a week so I doubt it.

with pvp deaths its different than usual and you lose noob items, but most of the time from what i've seen you can find random noob items scattered on the ground around hunters lodge

It is also possible to make crude tools (see the wiki)  from rummaging on rock tiles and foraging. One tool I made testing these came out a higher ql than the noob tools.

Most players will leave the noob gear in your corpse as well. Often the first kill is more to find out who you are and if you're a likely threat or something so there's a strong chance they'll leave you alone next time.

Not always of course, but worth bearing in mind.

There was a time when the newb toolset did not drop in pvp deaths; however, it was eventually deemed a problem due to the usage of "newb alts", especially when the tools were enchant-able.

Everything else that's nodrop should stay on you regardless of cause of death.

They do drop in PvP deaths. Unfortunately, this has been abused, at least on Epic (unnamed raider killing noobs, taking noob tools, and dropping them in the ocean). However, I think most of the drama queens are on Epic.