Sign in to follow this  
Zarkhes

Cave Hideout

So, i have idea.I wanted to make a big cave, and there make a hideout.It will be an underground, so i dont know the rules for that.

1.Can i build house in caves?

2.What about animals and such (Horse)

1. No

2. You can keep animals in caves but you must manually feed those which need to feed off grass.

from my experience, if you want to live your life out in a cave, i'd say you should wall off a decent sized area outside the cave (and wall in the cave entrance too).

doing this will make your cave more safer and you'll have space to store items 100% safely, grow crops, and breed animals without manually feeding them which is a bad idea by the way

you'll also be able to grow trees and it will just in general make your wurm life much easier

If you plan on living in the cave on a non-deeded area I suggest you make it as secure as possible by the following means:

Put support beams around the perimeter of the mine (so that no one else may mine into your mine).

Put a gate house in front of it (that is of course locked)

Then fence around the entrance (so that no one may fall in).

What about decay of items?

Can i build a bed there?Will there be chance for monsers to spawn?

How will i provide light?

Any general ideas?

Items inside your cave will still suffer from decay ticks, just as if it was outside.

You can only build a bed inside a structure.

There is a chance that creatures will be able to spawn inside your cave. From my experience it hasn't been very often.

You are able to make lamps and put them around the cave to provide some light for you to see. Also I would recommend carrying around your own personal light source (like a torch lamp, or lantern).

Items inside your cave will still suffer from decay ticks, just as if it was outside.

You can only build a bed inside a structure.

There is a chance that creatures will be able to spawn inside your cave. From my experience it hasn't been very often.

You are able to make lamps and put them around the cave to provide some light for you to see. Also I would recommend carrying around your own personal light source (like a torch lamp, or lantern).

Lightning in caves are not so good and its impossible to lit up large areas properly.

Decay in caves is about same as in a house from my experience

Also if you build a gate house (which you should to protect yourself better) you can put a bed in there. It may not be the same immersion as having a bed in your hideput, but close.

Edited by Pollo

Can i place a wooden plank floor?And how will i flatten walls, celling etc?Cause i make o hole into a rock, and it was messy...

Can i place a wooden plank floor?And how will i flatten walls, celling etc?Cause i make o hole into a rock, and it was messy...

Can't floor it. If you put support beams on it then it tends to smooth it out. Keep your mining level and the room won't look so messy.

If you set cave detail to low, all walls, ceilings and floors become flat.

just fix caves.

add tile borders to cave layer, allow walls, writs, and beds.

• Like 1

just fix caves.

add tile borders to cave layer, allow walls, writs, and beds.

Lol, that's changing caves, not fixing them :P

id love to be able to dress my cave walls, for that added dungeon look.

To get a dungeon feel you can make torches (not lamps) and place them in such a way that the pole clips into the way so it looks like the torch is placed directly onto the wall. You can add tables and chairs to make it feel more lived in.

If you haven't picked out your spot yet, one thing you could consider is building on flat ground and digging to get to the bedrock to make a mine. On the surface you can have a dense forest of pine trees and fruit trees (eg, lemon/apple trees) for wood and cover, have your farm area towards the center that when not in use can double as a horse pen (smaller pen for horses that you drop grass cuttings for while farming) and in the heart of it you have your mine entrance, which if you let grass grow back on the sides of the hole you dug will be much harder to spot. If you're going to deed this would helps you save a lot of space. To get an idea of what I'm talking about you can look around in flat grassland for deeds that have already done this.

Lol, that's changing caves, not fixing them :P

Oh no. Caves are broken, look at em!

of course u can live in a hole and even store boats + other items inside =p

I have all of my bsbs in there

ef48j.jpg