Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

Many of these are in 2.6.7 already, but I will take a look at missing ones. :)

15 hours ago, Warlander said:

Many of these are in 2.6.7 already, but I will take a look at missing ones. :)

Ahh I see them in the planner, just didn't see them in the patchnotes.

I have that update for you.
Sadly short of building a new computer or buying a new laptop, I'm not going to get it work on this one. However it works just fine on the wife's computer and she has to sleep some time, right?

As far as the upcoming changes are concerned, and understanding they are artistically based,  I would like to make some, albeit obvious, suggestions.

Graphical:

• The new crop tiles are currently being shown as grass.
  • With the inclusion of Bees; the various flower types would be nice.
  • Stone mine doors seem to be missing and are not recognized when importing from the in game deed plan.

Models: (just a observation of models that I either could not find in the listings or are missing.)

• The Ornate fountain
  • Bee hives (would be nice, but how could you predict the appearance)
  • I only saw two of the four Colossi available, Vynora and Fo.

Still an excellent resource, thank you for all your hard work on this.

The new crop tiles are currently being shown as grass.

Do you mean from in-game export? If yes, I will take a look at that.

With the inclusion of Bees; the various flower types would be nice.

This one would be harder, requiring similar procedure to the incoming crop types.

Stone mine doors seem to be missing and are not recognized when importing from the in game deed plan.

Client "thinks" these are just plain rock tiles until you are close to them and have access to them, so in most cases it is impossible to export them.

When it comes to models, I will add them to the program database as well, thanks for noticing the missing ones! :)

This looks like a GREAT program, and I'm really looking forward to using it!

However, I need a little help.  See, I DL'ed the file from the forums here, and I DL'ed a file from GitHub.  The file from GitHub seems to be missing an executable, or a jar file, or anything that looks like it would run a program.

The file from the forums seems to work great, except there's no scroll-bar on the side or bottom to move the area you're working on.  So, I'd either have to limit my building to 15x15 squares, or learn to work in miniature with microgoggles.

I'm sure I'm missing something really simple.  (Please tell me it's simple.) I'll keep working on figuring it out from over here, but I sure would appreciate any help you could offer.  :)  Thanks!

3 hours ago, Warlander said:

You can scroll the area with middle mouse button or wasd. :)

Is there any chance to change keybinds? Remember that tried to change them in cfg file but it doesn't worked.

I often alt-tab between wurm and wurm planner and got differents keybinds for moving, wich becomes confusing if you switch often (got rdfg in Wurm)

Two decorations I noticed were missing, the wood and stone benches.

You will no longer need to plan farms using spreadsheet/graphics programs or via labels and borders in DeedPlanner, because DeedPlanner becomes a FarmPlanner as well! :)

95SY8A8.jpg

Big thanks Malena, without you this wouldn't be possible!

When it comes to lightning in caves - it actually makes editing and previewing caves much harder, so I am postponing it until better solution will be found.

While similar lightning system exists in Wurm caves, it does not really work well together with free-look camera.

On the other hand, 2.7 will bring smaller changes related to caves as well - there will be higher contrast between tiles and cave dwellings to make constructing buildings underground easier.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Warlander said:

My absolute pleasure Warlander. So nice to be able to contribute to a tool that has helped us all so much!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Warlander said:

You will no longer need to plan farms using spreadsheet/graphics programs or via labels and borders in DeedPlanner, because DeedPlanner becomes a FarmPlanner as well! :)

95SY8A8.jpg

When it comes to lightning in caves - it actually makes editing and previewing caves much harder, so I am postponing it until better solution will be found.

While similar lightning system exists in Wurm caves, it does not really work well together with free-look camera.

On the other hand, 2.7 will bring smaller changes related to caves as well - there will be higher contrast between tiles and cave dwellings to make constructing buildings underground easier.

They look great, Malena!

• Like 1

Hi i get this error trying to run the deedplanner.jar in java im usiung win 10 and the lates Java from their webpage

Spoiler

JNLParseException[ Could not parse launch file. Error at line 1.]
    at com.sun.javaws.jnl.XMLFormat.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.jnl.LaunchDescFactory.buildDescriptor(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main.access$000(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 1; Content is not allowed in prolog.
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$PrologDriver.next(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.deploy.xml.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    ... 8 more

Edited by NUtty

Greetings, Warlander. Been using DeedPlanner for awhile. Though it is awesome, I still have things that need to be addressed (and don't understand why nothing's really been done about it yet);

1. When exporting from an ingame deed, all objects are missing and I'm forced to manually place them.

2. Not all objects are in the program (not even lamps).

3. I cannot move the camera after placing a wall or an object. I'm forced to either switch to 3D mode than to 2D mode, or place a marker.

I know you're a busy person, but I'm just kind of, well.. shocked these minimal things aren't being addressed or being fixed (well, adding all the items in the game isn't minimal, but it is keeping me from being fully being able to express my true creativity by going over all of my options(in a deed redesign)).

Though please keep up the good work. This is still a great program.

Edited by Benie

On 15.01.2017 at 1:51 PM, NUtty said:

Hi i get this error trying to run the deedplanner.jar in java im usiung win 10 and the lates Java from their webpage

Hide contents

JNLParseException[ Could not parse launch file. Error at line 1.]
    at com.sun.javaws.jnl.XMLFormat.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main.access$000(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 1; Content is not allowed in prolog.
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$PrologDriver.next(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
    ... 8 more

You must use java/javaw to launch the program - I see that you are trying to use Javaws (Java Web Start) here, which is used for WO .jnlp launch file, but not for DeedPlanner .jar executable file.

12 hours ago, Benie said:

Greetings, Warlander. Been using DeedPlanner for awhile. Though it is awesome, I still have things that need to be addressed (and don't understand why nothing's really been done about it yet);

1. When exporting from an ingame deed, all objects are missing and I'm forced to manually place them.

2. Not all objects are in the program (not even lamps).

3. I cannot move the camera after placing a wall or an object. I'm forced to either switch to 3D mode than to 2D mode, or place a marker.

I know you're a busy person, but I'm just kind of, well.. shocked these minimal things aren't being addressed or being fixed (well, adding all the items in the game isn't minimal, but it is keeping me from being fully being able to express my true creativity by going over all of my options(in a deed redesign)).

Though please keep up the good work. This is still a great program.

1. This would actually require much more work than it seems like - every in-game object would need to be "translated" into the DeedPlanner object, and there are many different problems (for example, how to handle objects being so close together in game that DP is unable to show all of them). I researched this already, this is doable but requires lots of work for acceptable results.

2. To be honest, other than lack of lightning I don't really see reason why lamps are not in the program yet. I will add them in the next update.

3. Hmm... Could I ask for more details please?

Thanks for responding. :)

For the 3rd thing, say I select a tree and I'm able to place it with a left click. Yet if I go try to move (WSAD keys), the program is 'fixated' on the list of trees and not moving the camera. I even see this when switching floors, as the key press will put that letter in the 'Floor' area (like "s1" if hitting the S key).

To temporarily fix this problem, I have to either;

1. Hold down my middle mouse button (doesn't really fix the issue).

2. Switch to 3D view and back to 2D view.

3. Go into 'Labels and Materials' and left click.

I hope that's enough detail for you.

Edited by Benie

You can go to the floors below the ground level, DeedPlanner should switch view to the cave planning, with a new tab for cave tiles. Below ground floors are reversed, so for example if you want to build multistory structure, you must go down instead of up. Otherwise, building below ground looks almost identical as above ground.

HHeya, I've run into this issue with Linux Mint 18.04 (everything is up to date); opening Deedplanner 2.6.7 with OpenJDK8:

[2017-01-21 20:17:19] Error has occurred!

Java vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java version: 1.8.0_111
DeedPlanner 2.6.7
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.Tile.renderGround(Tile.java:194)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.Tile.render3d(Tile.java:164)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.Map.render(Map.java:450)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.graphics.GraphicsLoop.display(GraphicsLoop.java:58)
    at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.displayImpl(GLDrawableHelper.java:665)
    at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.display(GLDrawableHelper.java:649)
    at javax.media.opengl.awt.GLJPanel$Updater.display(GLJPanel.java:1213)
    at javax.media.opengl.awt.GLJPanel$8.run(GLJPanel.java:1269)
    at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.invokeGLImpl(GLDrawableHelper.java:1119)
    at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.invokeGL(GLDrawableHelper.java:994)
    at javax.media.opengl.awt.GLJPanel$OffscreenBackend.doPaintComponent(GLJPanel.java:1777)
    at javax.media.opengl.awt.GLJPanel.paintComponent(GLJPanel.java:545)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1056)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(JComponent.java:889)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1065)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1065)
    at javax.swing.JLayeredPane.paint(JLayeredPane.java:586)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.paintToOffscreen(JComponent.java:5217)
    at javax.swing.BufferStrategyPaintManager.paint(BufferStrategyPaintManager.java:290)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(RepaintManager.java:1272)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1042)
    at java.awt.GraphicsCallback$PaintCallback.run(GraphicsCallback.java:39)
    at sun.awt.SunGraphicsCallback.runOneComponent(SunGraphicsCallback.java:79)
    at sun.awt.SunGraphicsCallback.runComponents(SunGraphicsCallback.java:116)
    at java.awt.Container.paint(Container.java:1975)
    at java.awt.Window.paint(Window.java:3904)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager$4.run(RepaintManager.java:842)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager$4.run(RepaintManager.java:814)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(RepaintManager.java:814)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(RepaintManager.java:789)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager.prePaintDirtyRegions(RepaintManager.java:738)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager.access$1200(RepaintManager.java:64)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager$ProcessingRunnable.run(RepaintManager.java:1732)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:756)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:726)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

Make sure that run directory is inside program folder, otherwise it is unable to find files it needs to run properly.

In addition, I recommend getting Oracle JRE/JDK - while in theory the program should run using OpenJDK as well, in practice this is not really worth the extra effort.

Warlander, when I switch to 3D view Deedplanner accelerates the speed of my mouse. Seems to double/triple the DPI setting. Have you heard of this happening? Any idea why?

I am using this, which is probably related.

Edited by Chakron

Hmm... To be honest I have no idea why this happens, DeedPlanner cannot change the mouse settings. If this happens just with DP and not Wurm, then the only idea coming to my mind is that this might be a bug in JOGL library (Wurm uses LWJGL instead), but I cannot test and report that without being able to reproduce this bug.

No big deal. I'll see if I can figure anything out, but it'll probably be hard to track down.

DeedPlanner 2.7.0 released! Changes:

• Added farm planning feature (big thanks to Malena! :))
  • Added support for different ground textures in 2d and 3d view
  • Added support for .dds texture format
  • Added search feature to the objects tab
  • Added all street lamps: copper hanging, brass, brass hanging, bronze hanging, gold hanging, silver hanging, iron, iron torch, iron imperial
  • Added all candelabras: copper, gold, silver, iron, seryll
  • Improved behavior of loading window text boxes
  • Cave tab replaces ground tab now (and vice versa) while switching between surface and cave view

Slight explanation of the search feature - when you start writing something into the box, the new objects tree based on the default one will be created, showing only the objects that contain characters you typed into the box. If you leave this field empty, the default tree will return (together with previously opened nodes, but the temporary ones will be lost).

• Like 4

So the program runs and opens correctly but I am unable to use my mouse within the program. If I hover over a tile I can see the x and y but I can't click on the tiles or any of the options. Any ideas?

Edit: Fixed it will a reinstall of Java plus a restart following

Edited by apachejacks