Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

29 minutes ago, Substr said:

Thanks for the updates. I've given 2.6.2 a shot but I'm finding that it's running very slowly, both in the 2D editor and more noticeably viewing in 3D mode, massively low fps and laggy UI controls.

Task manager shows it's using about 30% CPU and around 200-220 MB ram.

Does this problem exists only in new version? Is the map complicated? DeedPlanner have some basic render optimizations, but nothing very advanced. Posting the map could help, I will take a look at it and see what can be done (render optimization is one of the priorities). :)

still would like a paint mode for ground tiles that uses the area select style box (exactly how the "level area" box works on the height tab) , currently only get fill or pencil

now that the list expands fully when i maximize window a quick palette isn't so necessary (thank you for that =) but still might be nice especially for the other tabs like walls floors and objects.

also +1 to being able to load another map into a map your working on for neighboring deeds, i spent hours doing mine manually , no doubt there will be some counting even with an import option but alot less if just have to match up token height and then can load it directly on that tile, let that tile remain the height you set it at but change everything around it to match the deed your importing

on a side note i dont suppose rolf will let us export perimeter tiles anytime in the future?   at least on pve i dont see the harm, in fact i only see a benefit in neighbors being able to sort out perimeters easier as well as if and when we can import, i know its a grey zone but still a grey zone that gets terraformed and improved on to allow passage so i feel easily exporting it would allow for more collaboration and ease in the world. and what if we paid for extra tiles? would love it anyways =)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warlander said:

Does this problem exists only in new version? Is the map complicated? DeedPlanner have some basic render optimizations, but nothing very advanced. Posting the map could help, I will take a look at it and see what can be done (render optimization is one of the priorities). :)

The previous version I had was 2.4.4 and that had no issues at all. I skipped any 2.5 versions and went straight to 2.6.2. Should I test some of those to see which version introduced this? I didn't even have a map, this was just the blank map after opening up deedplanner, and without adding anything to it I experience the huge fps drop in 3D view. Double checked with 2.4.4 and that still runs super smoothly.

1 hour ago, Aum said:

on a side note i dont suppose rolf will let us export perimeter tiles anytime in the future?   at least on pve i dont see the harm, in fact i only see a benefit in neighbors being able to sort out perimeters easier as well as if and when we can import, i know its a grey zone but still a grey zone that gets terraformed and improved on to allow passage so i feel easily exporting it would allow for more collaboration and ease in the world. and what if we paid for extra tiles? would love it anyways =)

+1

16 hours ago, Substr said:

The previous version I had was 2.4.4 and that had no issues at all. I skipped any 2.5 versions and went straight to 2.6.2. Should I test some of those to see which version introduced this? I didn't even have a map, this was just the blank map after opening up deedplanner, and without adding anything to it I experience the huge fps drop in 3D view. Double checked with 2.4.4 and that still runs super smoothly.

@WarlanderTo follow up, I've found a possible cause for this (or a symptom) - it looks like it's constantly writing to the InfoLog.txt file while open, appending 'Element count: 0' over and over again to the file. After leaving deedplanner open from a fresh launch (no map) for 5 minutes, the file had reached around 100MB in size.

I think some debug printing was left in on this commit: https://github.com/Warlander/DeedPlanner-2/commit/0b5e08422c6fedf892f08043c6731ac33357c31a

Edited by Substr
edit

2 hours ago, Substr said:

@WarlanderTo follow up, I've found a possible cause for this (or a symptom) - it looks like it's constantly writing to the InfoLog.txt file while open, appending 'Element count: 0' over and over again to the file. After leaving deedplanner open from a fresh launch (no map) for 5 minutes, the file had reached around 100MB in size.

I think some debug printing was left in on this commit: https://github.com/Warlander/DeedPlanner-2/commit/0b5e08422c6fedf892f08043c6731ac33357c31a

Hmm... Looks like that, I updated all releases including the temporary .jar with this bugfix without incrementing version number. Everything should work properly now.

@WarlanderSmall bug found, I resized the map by adding 100 tiles to the east direction, and it deleted all the bridges from the entire map.

Yeah any resize or change on global height remove all bridges.

hello i was wondering is there a way to ajust the water level because i loaded a map and the water is to high from where it should be

1 hour ago, seath said:

hello i was wondering is there a way to ajust the water level because i loaded a map and the water is to high from where it should be

In the resize menu at the bottom

3 hours ago, Kegan said:

In the resize menu at the bottom

thanks much it took me a sec but i figured out how it worked

When it comes to water level...

kLkQAwY.jpg

Also, resize bug is fixed, bugfix will appear in next version (which should be released in max 1-2 days). :)

• Like 1

DeedPlanner 2.6.3 released! Changes:

• Added deed import info dialog
  • Tip of a day on startup is no longer on as default setting
  • Fixed bridges deleting on map resize

I'm trying to start using Deedplanner 2.6.3 although when trying to start the .jar file I'm always getting an error: could not find or load main class C:\deedplanner 2.6.3 \ deedplanner.jar

I have tried it with the old version and I'm getting the same error.

I'm using windows 8.1 pro and have java installed correctly. Account is admin.

I also put the deedplanner map directly in my C:\

Anybody have a clue what could be the problem?

Hi, just an enquiry
2160p desktop, Im trying to get into the habit of using it.

Spoiler

u1q68K6.jpg

very hard to see.
I wonder, could you add scaling to deedplanner?
I assume that if i enlarged the text, the text would no longer fit in its cells/frames.
If it's too complex, it's ok, i'll just switch it down when i use DP but it's not very plug n play this way. Nvidia CP takes its merry time switching resolutions.

thanks man, great work on all fronts.
*upgrades his version*

When it comes to size of everything, the problem is that Java Swing GUI framework is strongly based on pixel placements and do not offer scalling - due to that the only good way to fix this problem is to create few different "size layouts" and switch between them when given resolutions are detected (or manually). In case of DeedPlanner I didn't thought that resolution might become a problem later on, so this seemingly simple change would require lots of work possibly mixed with need to completely change some parts of the interface.

• Like 1

Is there a way to add objects into the database? In particular I'm missing beds - normal & canopy, fireplaces, bookcases - large and small, and coffers.

3 hours ago, Heboric said:

Is there a way to add objects into the database? In particular I'm missing beds - normal & canopy, fireplaces, bookcases - large and small, and coffers.

Holysht its Heb,  how are ya?

7 hours ago, Heboric said:

Yes, take a look at Objects.xml config file located in Data folder. Keep in mind that beds and bookcases will be most likely added later on tho (but not in following +/- 2 weeks due to vacation time).

• Like 1

OK, objects are in graphics.jar in DDS format, so I can extract then and save as PNG. In Deedplanner though entries have both PNG and WOM files. How do I create the WOM files, and are there scaling issues for these files, do they need to be fixed sizes? I'm not a coder but I have a reasonable amount of IT experience, is this something I should be doing..or just wait?

(@Atlas - fine mate)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heboric said:

OK, objects are in graphics.jar in DDS format, so I can extract then and save as PNG. In Deedplanner though entries have both PNG and WOM files. How do I create the WOM files, and are there scaling issues for these files, do they need to be fixed sizes? I'm not a coder but I have a reasonable amount of IT experience, is this something I should be doing..or just wait?

(@Atlas - fine mate)

DeedPlanner is able to load all widely used image formats (100% sure that it is able to load png and jpg, most likely gif, bmp and some other formats as well), and when it comes to models - it loads only WOM models, and this is also what all Wurm models use.

In most cases, model should have texture information associated with it - in this case it will try to load texture from the same directory as model.

DeedPlanner 2.6.4 released! Changes:

• Added new objects: beds, fireplace, bookcases, coffers, armor stands, wardrobe
  • Like 2

Extracted the files in a folder, what to do now :? how to run it