Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

6 hours ago, Warlander said:

When it comes to donations, total amount is nothing so far in 2017, 30 Euro in 2016 and 45 Euro in 2015. :)

which is why im very happy that codeclub pay you a developers wage. 
the deedplanner work is out of hours commitment, and we're all very grateful. 
you're right tho, those of us that have been empowered by your software for more than a couple of years, should probably, ethically, donate. 
(don't reply to that comment, i know you demand nothing and was simply reporting observed facts)
*writes something on his to do list for next week*

As for measure of use, you could code something in dp that reports use if the user is online.
course you'd have to explain the firewall notification in a pop up the first time it connects. 
not perfectly explained but i wish to commit. 

7 hours ago, Warlander said:

When it comes to donations, total amount is nothing so far in 2017...

Check again! ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bdew said:

Hm, i could cap the height or something. My main annoyance with the way the current export works is that half the time it puts most of my deed underwater ...

This exists both in WO and WU to make deed export (a little bit) less exploitable, but I don't really mind if someone will override this behavior via WU mod. Just try to keep the overall heights sane. :)

2 hours ago, Steveleeb said:

which is why im very happy that codeclub pay you a developers wage. 

Volunteer developer here, so no wage/benefits other than forum badge and possibility to help in development of such awesome game. :)

2 hours ago, Steveleeb said:

As for measure of use, you could code something in dp that reports use if the user is online.

course you'd have to explain the firewall notification in a pop up the first time it connects. 
not perfectly explained but i wish to commit. 

To be honest, I am actually leaning towards this option: collecting data takes very little, almost unnoticeable amounts of data, program is open sourced so there is no room for hidden stuff. Some people don't like being tracked even if this is just anonymous data, but knowing how users actually use the program helps a lot in developing it.

• Like 2

hey, 3D view editing sounds as great idea ... seems, once Deed planner could be even better that Wurm itself :P

where is hiding some alpha ver. to test? :ph34r:

14 hours ago, Zakerak said:

hey, 3D view editing sounds as great idea ... seems, once Deed planner could be even better that Wurm itself :P

where is hiding some alpha ver. to test? :ph34r:

I actually have one interesting prototype from two years ago, but never finished it:

nyYIMyQ.jpg

DeedPlanner 2.7.2 released! Changes:

• Added possibility to toggle bridges rendering in 2d view
  • Added over 50 new objects
  • Added new categories for some of the new objects, moved some of the existing objects to better fitting categories
  • Renamed "Fountains" objects category to "Water Sources"

Big thanks to Malena for objects list, and to Yldrania for a few suggestions. :)

One small fact - DeedPlanner will turn 4 years old in exactly one month (if we count from 1.0 version release).

• Like 8

Awesome stuff! Like Wurm, DeedPlanner just gets better and better! Oh and by the way that video you showed of the code connections was super interesting. I don't know much about programming myself, but is it a tool that allows you to gain quick access to your code files, or is it simply a visual representation of the connections?

And 4 years! I can certainly think of one way to celebrate and thank you for all your hard work with this tool! *wink wink*

3 minutes ago, Malena said:

Oh and by the way that video you showed of the code connections was super interesting. I don't know much about programming myself, but is it a tool that allows you to gain quick access to your code files, or is it simply a visual representation of the connections?

Visual representation of DeedPlanner Git repository over time, with parameters set to create a quick and dynamic video instead of detailed view of changes - it can be used with other kinds of repositories as well (surely Mercurial and Subversion), and not just for code - in this video, upper left branch is mostly code, lower left - configuration files/libraries and lower right - art assets.

Really nice tool, can be used to allow non-tech people see changes in the project made by every team member, while for tech people it makes it easier to visualize the progress and/or evaluate program complexity. In addition, it is trivial to use, just point it to the repository via command line, run command and done. :)

• Like 1

On 03/08/2017 at 0:49 AM, Warlander said:

This makes me wonder how often is DeedPlanner actually used...

If it helps at all, for my most recent time lapse I spent hours in deed planner before completing my plan. I use it extensively when planning my deeds

3 minutes ago, MootRed said:

If it helps at all, for my most recent time lapse I spent hours in deed planner before completing my plan. I use it extensively when planning my deeds

Oh yeah I forgot to chime in on this pondering as well. For me at least, "I don't leave home without it" when embarking on any new design, even for a single small house! Building things in Wurm is so tedious and time consuming that planning it out with DeedPlanner first is a must, really. Unless you want to make mistakes, lose time, materials and your patience!

2 hours ago, Malena said:

Oh yeah I forgot to chime in on this pondering as well. For me at least, "I don't leave home without it" when embarking on any new design, even for a single small house!

^ This. I just used it to make the most adorable 1 tile worship place to Fo ever. And I have been using DeedPlanner for every single build of mine since I began to play Wurm.

Many thanks for making this fantastic tool and maintaining it, much appreciated.

• Like 1

It seems like all public Dropbox links to DeedPlanner assets are dead - I think I recovered access to all of them, but if something is missing or not working as it should - please report that. :)

Few new screenshots. :)

Reinforced cave floors

99d3f0f6724982c6a4684d1f5917dd1e.png

Better cave editing

(notice the contrast between reinforced cave walls and normal floors)

ff1c71b8135605f7362e509a93013790.png

Moo

665843310be3217fad4180d0c39fc5b6.png

• Like 5

Some plans for the following weeks:

Next big feature (for 2.8) - hinted above with the screenshot of cow - will be a pen planning. It will allow you to put animals on plan in the same way as you can do with objects right now. Initially, I will include all farm animals (including different horse colors) and some common taming targets.

The main difference between objects and animals is that you will be able to set different age/gender for animals - other than that, they will be functionally identical. No animations (yet), sorry. :)

Another interesting feature which will appear in 2.8 is slope editing mode - it will allow you to input slopes from game into the program without interaction with the program at all, by examining tile borders and using emotes in-game.

Before 2.8 there will most likely be one more minor release, but I cannot say any details about its content or release date yet. :)

ETA for 2.8.0 release: 14 April 2017 (DeedPlanner 4th anniversary).

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Wilczan said:

Any chance for diagonal paving?

It is in the program since very early versions.

5 minutes ago, Warlander said:

It is in the program since very early versions.

omg, never noticed, my bad : )

• Like 1

Are there water tiles and doors also ? i dont find any doors , not in the whole planner

and changing height is not working also, when i look into 3d modus the ground lifts but not the ceiling i tried to click all options but nothing changed

46 minutes ago, Reskal22 said:

Are there water tiles and doors also ? i dont find any doors , not in the whole planner

There is a water tile, under Ground/Natural terrain/Water. If you want to have water on your map, you can also simply modify the terrain height so parts of map will be below water level.

Doors are in the same tab as all other house walls and fences.

8 minutes ago, Warlander said:

There is a water tile, under Ground/Natural terrain/Water. If you want to have water on your map, you can also simply modify the terrain height so parts of map will be below water level.

Doors are in the same tab as all other house walls and fences.

I mean mine doors. and my client is in german i dont find a setting to put it in english to follow your path, i dont find a ground tab, and in all tabs i did not see a natural terrain tab, maybe i got another version. and this forum is weird also. when i write here i dont get directed to the posting. i have to refresh teh browser to see if i posted something.

Edited by Reskal22

Ive always had trouble of lowering the ground after raising it. Im probably noobing, but how do i do it? When i "mark" a tile with the green outline, i seem to only be able to raise it more.

3 minutes ago, Reskal22 said:

I mean mine doors. and my client is in german i dont find a setting to put it in english to follow your path, i dont find a ground tab, and in all tabs i did not see a natural terrain tab, maybe i got another version. and this forum is weird also. when i write here i dont get directed to the posting. i have to refresh teh browser to see if i posted something.

Mine doors count as ground tiles: assuming your DeedPlanner is up to date, you should see "Cave doors" category as the last one.

1 minute ago, Warlander said:

Mine doors count as ground tiles: assuming your DeedPlanner is up to date, you should see "Cave doors" category as the last one.

Up to date ? means in former versions he forgot  the mine doors ? i have 2.7.2. and still do not find what you said. no water, no mine doors. and i cannot cahnge height or lower it no matter what i click. i switched height to "on" even in the top options of the client, nothing.