Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

On 2/24/2020 at 12:24 PM, Nordlys said:

But Malena - you can plan bridges in DeedPlanner! Unfortunately im not by my computer now, or i would have included screenies. What version of DP are you using? If not the newest, i strongly suggest you update.

If there are other issues regarding technical stuff i dont understand, im sure Warlander can help you solve those. 😛

If i remember it, i will paste some screenies later on.

@Nordlys
This is the thread for v2.
Malena will be using v3.
you can't build bridges in v3 yet.
I'm also using v3

Edited by Steveleeb

41 minutes ago, Steveleeb said:

@Nordlys
This is the thread for v2.
Malena will be using v3.
you can't build bridges in v3 yet.
I'm also using v3

Oh, in that case im sorry. I just know that the DP i have has bridges. :D

• Like 1

nah all good, besides im making an assumption and this is, the correct thread for `dp supports bridges`

Yeah sorry about the confusion guys. I totally wrote that comment in the wrong thread! I thought I was in the new thread hehe. 

Edited by Malena
  • Like 1

Hello, I'v planned something recently with 2,9,10 and i got this error while loading from a file:

It seems to open well in the 3.0.7 Any idea how i can fix that ?

[2020-04-16 16:25:13] Error has occurred!
Java vendor: Azul Systems, Inc.
Java version: 1.8.0_181
DeedPlanner 2.9.10
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.bridges.BridgeData.getAbsoluteHeight(BridgeData.java:246)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.bridges.BridgeData.constructFlatBridge(BridgeData.java:139)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.bridges.BridgeData.constructBridge(BridgeData.java:126)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.bridges.Bridge.createBridge(Bridge.java:33)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.Map.<init>(Map.java:147)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.Map.parseMap(Map.java:84)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.forms.LoadWindow.loadManager(LoadWindow.java:27)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.forms.LoadWindow.fileButtonActionPerformed(LoadWindow.java:179)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.forms.LoadWindow.access$400(LoadWindow.java:15)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.forms.LoadWindow$5.actionPerformed(LoadWindow.java:84)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2022)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2348)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:402)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:259)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:252)
    at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6539)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3324)
    at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6304)
    at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2239)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4889)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2297)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4711)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4904)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4535)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4476)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2283)
    at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2746)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4711)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:760)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:74)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:84)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:733)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:731)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:74)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:730)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

@heirothis looks like map size mismatch or corrupted bridge. I can take a look at the map file and manually fix it if you would like to send it to me here or via private message.

• Like 2

I have been using Deed Planner a lot recently. Is there any ETA on when bridges will be added?

edit: somehow I got into the wrong thread. i'm using deed planner 3

Edited by Hammer

On 7/13/2020 at 4:13 AM, Hammer said:

I have been using Deed Planner a lot recently. Is there any ETA on when bridges will be added?

edit: somehow I got into the wrong thread. i'm using deed planner 3

I'm working on them and they are one of priorities for next major version, but unfortunately can't give any estimate yet due to significantly less time than usual IRL.

For now, I will add what are the top priorities for next version and what's their status:

• bridges, built from ground up based on good and bad elements of DP2 bridges (written design doc, started experimenting with bridge-related math)
  • heightmap optimization - will significantly reduce loading times of larger maps, allow web version to load larger maps and make program less resource intensive while editing heights in 3d (I already figured out what's the root problem and how to fix it, will likely take just 1-2 days once I will get to it)
  • new input system, likely together with in-game keybindings editor - not actually new feature, but adds extra accessibility and makes it much easier to have different control schemes for different platforms (mostly implemented and feels good on mouse+keyboard, still needs testing and adjustments for touch and gamepads)

Hiya Warlander, First off thank you for a great tool, probably the most useful tool for Wurm, right up there with the Wurmpedia, especially after you've learned the game sufficiently enough that you don't have to refer to the Wurmpedia every hour :)

I know that bridges for DP3.x are coming, but most of my designs use lots of bridges to circumvent the Carpentry cap on building size. So, I had been using DP2.x for some designs that I couldn't figure out in my head. Problem is, is that last year DP2.9.10 stopped working for me. I'm not able to open it at all. I have deleted the entire folder, downloaded the zip, extracted all to a new folder, then opened/ran the DeedPlanner.exe file and nothing... Have tried multiple times to delete it and reinstall it, but nope, can't get it to work.

DP3.x works just fine on here, both the Windows version and Web version. Got any ideas, suggestions, etc? Am I being a Luddite somehow and missing some obvious step? I've seen mention of error logs, but do not see anything like that in the DP2.9.10 folder.

No rush, I've been using DP3.x recently and just simulating the bridges when possible, and imagining them when it's not. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for this fantastic tool