Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

- Clear Project button seems to be not working

It works for me you have to click that unlock thing then clear project

- Clear Project button seems to be not working

Like Kegan said.

- The skill calc needs either refinement or a warning, since if you only put in walls the skill output will tally only the number of walls, which gives an incorrect skill calculation. Either add a warning, or try to find a way to calculate the number of tiles between the walls (will be nasty on donut shaped ones).

Warning added, will appear in next update.

- Sometimes its hard to click the right place to add walls, have you considered putting in the tile borders?

Walls placement mostly depends on tile size and screen resolution. In 1.1 update option to enlarge editing area will appear, it should fix most problems related to walls placement. ;)

The stone double door color is a little hard to see for me it is too close to the stone wall color in the planning window maybe you can make it more of a contrast?

Temporary "fix" - enter "Objects.txt" in program "Game" folder and change double doors RGB values (values from 0.7 to 1.0 allowed). In next update I will change double doors color, too.

Question to all HouseCalc users: update notifier inside program - for or against?

Question to all HouseCalc users: update notifier inside program - for or against?

I would be okay for an automatic updater but notification is okay too.

I'd like it, would love an auto-update too though :P

It works for me you have to click that unlock thing then clear project

Yeah, kinda fail on my part... Found that out just now.

I love this, would be really awesome if we could plan multple buildings at once like xallo said.

For. Also would be nice if you could update the date of latest release on the original post.

Edited by ReaverKane

Loving this tool. Finally can visualize my castle wall idea before wasting thousands of mats then deciding I dont like it...and see wehre it needs some changes for sure already..Thinking however with adding gates and other buildables it could be soooo much more even. like an entire deed planner for instance....

Cant wait to see where this continuing development goes.

yqxZOvK.jpg

If only I could put in the palisade gates to see the final appearance....then it would all make sense...that design atm is 4 seperate buildings...

Edited by Emane

would love to use it but when i load it i get no options for the walls, roof, and floors. already tried re-installing and it didnt work.

would love to use it but when i load it i get no options for the walls, roof, and floors. already tried re-installing and it didnt work.

had same prob till I downloaded the newest version today...

Redownload the new version, should work.

Amazing app! I use it to give my grids some 3D, see if I like a house layout or not :D

Also, from the 2D viewpoint, can I zoom in or out? it feels like there isn't enough room at the moment, or am I missing something? lol

Amazing app! I use it to give my grids some 3D, see if I like a house layout or not :D

Also, from the 2D viewpoint, can I zoom in or out? it feels like there isn't enough room at the moment, or am I missing something? lol

use right mouse to drag the skybox (grid) around

you can also use the aswd keys as long as the viewing window has been selected/clicked on.

Thanks!

you can also use the aswd keys as long as the viewing window has been selected/clicked on.

Aye, that is true for 3D view, I was simply asking for 2D

But thank you :D

Edited by Shrimpiie

Thanks!

Aye, that is true for 3D view, I was simply asking for 2D

But thank you :D

that does work for 2d to drag the box around but as far as a zoom no (Just left click the grass then use your aswd keys and you will see what i mean) Edited by Kegan

Facepalm... Gotcha

Well, is it possible to get a zoom function added, for the 2D layout?

Edited by Shrimpiie

The wall placement is really odd, when you click on the blue areas here, the wall appears where it should be, but when you click on the yellow areas, it jumps over to the other side of the square:

borders.png

It seems that image is not displaying, can you post it again please?

It seems that image is not displaying, can you post it again please?

Here i will post it for you..

piBiJwg.jpg

Edited by Kegan

The wall placement is really odd, when you click on the blue areas here, the wall appears where it should be, but when you click on the yellow areas, it jumps over to the other side of the square:

borders.png

Yeah, this is why i asked if it was possible to put in the borders, cause this keeps happening. I usually have to do a round of deletes after placing a wall type, cause i get lots of walls in the wrong places.

• Like 1

Found a bug i think. When you try to load in 3d mode it bugs out for me and locks up the program and you have to close it down.

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

Version 1.1 released!

Changes in this version:

-two new windows: settings and update notifier

-added version checking

-few interface changes and fixes

-added option to disable grid

-changing map scale is now possible (in settings and via scroll wheel when it is enabled)

-added option to force Java to compile program

-added two speed modifier keys: shift and control (speed factor can be modified in settings)

-most speed options are configurable now

-double doors default RGB values changed

-fixed double walls placement bug

• Like 4

Amazing program, Love it.

The unlock button to clear a project is an amazing idea.

good program for people with no imagination.

jks =p it's good to plan first than be sorry later.

Awesome! Aly and I just did this, and the Pastebin option is really handy. ;)

/>http://www.wlhost.net/images/privateimages/7430a.png

The only problem is the scrolling on the menu breaks after you activate the field.

Edit: Also, your "mortar" is lowercased for house walls so it creates a separate item count.

Materials needed:

Shafts=16

Small nails=124

Slate shingle=230

Marble slabs=16

Mortar=255

mortar=3640

Slate slabs=12

Stone bricks=3745

Planks=596

Edited by Xallo