Warlander do you think you'll ever add a few things from this list:

1. Mines
  2. Bed
  3. Forge
  4. Oven
  5. Altars
  6. Guard Towers

Just curious.

There is a mine level already just go to level 0 but i don't think he'll be adding anything new to this version at all. I do hope he has more objects in the new one though.   :)

Edited by Kegan

There is a mine level already just to to level 0 but i don't think he'll be adding anything new to this version at all. I do hope he has more objects in the new one though.   :)

That's not a mine. lol  That's a placeholder.

I should be able to add all objects saved in .dae format.

3d caves is a feature which will probably appear in later versions, but as separate layer, not together with above ground view as this would make program usage much harder (that's why writs will not appear in 2.0, too - possibility to make labeled areas will replace them, I will also try to add automatic detection of valid houses).

Edited by Warlander

When will more objects get put in? Also a redo function is really really really needed... Should be top priority imo.

Edited by atazs

Undo/redo will be implemented soon - it will allow for undo and redo of actions (probably last 100) as long as map is not resized/cleared. Program will make a quick save before any resize/map clear action.

I should be able to add all objects saved in .dae format.

3d caves is a feature which will probably appear in later versions, but as separate layer, not together with above ground view as this would make program usage much harder (that's why writs will not appear in 2.0, too - possibility to make labeled areas will replace them, I will also try to add automatic detection of valid houses).

Yeah it doesn't need to be included with the upper level view.  I guess have it to where you hit a key while in 3D mode and it switches over to 0- level modeling.  And what exactly do you mean writs will not appear in 2.0?

You will be able to make houses everywhere you want. If you want to calculate materials for this house, you have two choices:

1. Include house in labeled area - this feature will allow for separation of deeds areas and allow to calculate materials needed to build everything in this area.

2. Select writ selection tool, click on any tile of valid house and get info about materials and carpentry needed to build this house.

DeedPlanner 2 TODO list: https://trello.com/b/o7MrFdUa/deedplanner

Registered users can vote and comment! I encourage you to do so, comments and votes on single changes/bugs will help me a lot. :)

I must tell Windows XP users that DeedPlanner 2 will probably not work on this system as Java 8 is not supporting it anymore - sorry. :(

(on the other hand, Mac OS should be able to run it)

Edited by Warlander

Current version of DeedPlanner...I can't add any floors or roofs to my structures.  Halp?

Current version of DeedPlanner...I can't add any floors or roofs to my structures.  Halp?

you need a writ for the house first go to the writ tab and in the top left click "new writ" then click on the tiles you want the house to be on in the map to the right. 

Edited by Kegan

Wha...I swear I tried it after making the writ, and it didn't work...yet now it works just fine.  Thanks!

Edit:

Is there some odd limitation on how far I can resize a deed in a single go?  I just tried to enlarge the workspace by 20 tiles south, 10 east and west, and 5 north; DeedPlanner crashed.  I've done resizes before...

Edited by Carnaxus

i'v been trying get deed planner to work on my computer, i can download it open the updater and many of the folders for the files, but when i click to open the actual deed planner it won't open any suggestions?

Any error in error log?

About resizing - currently resizing is (very) bugged, but I already fixed this problem in 2.0.

Small new feature (toggleable with possibility to select few icon sizes, but it don't slow down program start time/running speed in any way):

nw-ekywjwtxtqhjamsredah.png

Edited by Warlander

Thanks Warlander, cant wait to try V2, really great program (when it keeps running :P)

rg-lccgwhooeuxfonokwrha.png

nq-mcilbyvwklzuywfzjilc.png

Next milestone is completed - we are getting closer and closer to the alpha (first public) version! TODO list is really short now. :)

Thanks for all donations and feedback! :)

Edited by Warlander
  • Like 1

Nice!  Quick question, Deed Planner was working fine for me on PC. then I was working on a map with a lot of walls and it crashed.  Now since the crash it freezes every time I try to expand deed size on a new file or load the old files with large deed size, and there is no error logs.

Hard to anwser, I think that most resizing bugs have source in lack of synchronization of GUI and the program window in 1.x - this is matter of luck if resizing will be successful or not.

2d view interface sneak peek!

Default theme (Pgs):

dn-jyvvpcxmwiscbrgqonur.png

Or, if you prefer Windows native theme:

ho-zybyiynirukitlanzvyh.png

Interface appearance can be customized to meet everyone needs - it is possible to choose one of few different look and feels (4 cross-platform + additional system dependent).

I tried to make interface more compact and clear at the same time - you can see if I succeeded in the screens above.

Another informations:

1. Logic/updating and graphics are updated independently, so smooth edition is much easier - you can edit map much faster without risk of leaving empty spaces in the middle.

2. Program don't make Wurm slower - you can easily have Wurm and DeedPlanner running at the same time as long as your computer can handle this.

3. Undo/redo is really useful. :)

Most important information - first public alpha should be ready in about 3-4 weeks. :)

• Like 4

This is a superb tool and needs to be spread out to more players.

Edited by Ocean

Can't wait for this, particularly with how buggy 1.x has been on windows :/

• Like 1

I seem to be having a problem some others have had. I didn't see if anyone had a solution. When I start Deed Planner (1.7p) the window appears for a brief moment then closes. I'm using Windows 7 and here is the log:

Mapper form initialized
Initializing mapper core
Mapper OpenGL window started
Trying to detect OpenGL capabilities
Antialiasting is supported!
Failed to create display!

Failed to create display!
DISPLAY CREATION FAILED
May 20, 2014 9:42:39 AM Lib.Graphics.GLInit initDisplay
SEVERE: null
org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Failed to find ARB pixel format 1 0

at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:244)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:848)
    at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757)
    at Lib.Graphics.GLInit.initDisplay(GLInit.java:35)
    at Mapper.Mapper$1.run(Mapper.java:87)