Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

guess you got the same error i had...i noticed that one should NEVER make a link to desktop, program isnt working properly then specially when loading saved files....so better always start program outside the original folder

Failed to create display!

DISPLAY CREATION FAILED

Mar 18, 2014 11:57:14 AM Lib.Graphics.GLInit initDisplay

SEVERE: null

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Could not choose GLX13 config

at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplayPeerInfo.initDefaultPeerInfo(Native Method)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplayPeerInfo.<init>(LinuxDisplayPeerInfo.java:61)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay.createPeerInfo(LinuxDisplay.java:788)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.DrawableGL.setPixelFormat(DrawableGL.java:61)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:846)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757)

at Lib.Graphics.GLInit.initDisplay(GLInit.java:35)

at Mapper.Mapper$1.run(Mapper.java:87)

I have a very old map that I was trying to open, but I get this error: "Unsupported/outdated save format: 0.6"

Is there a simple fix for this, or should I start a new map? :P

I will try to make a converter, but 2.0 is using completely different (XML-based) save format.

I will try to make a converter, but 2.0 is using completely different (XML-based) save format.

if you cant get the saves to carry over keep a link to the last version of this one until we have time to make new maps  :) 

Please make a user manual for deed planner..

I spent weeks tryin to figure out why i couldn't plan floors on the ground floor (or any other floor) of my building.
(save a writ for it, no difference)

I'm now using housecalc like a duck to water.

nice work on housecalc but im quite dissapointed by deed planner.

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 1

I disagree deed planner is the best tool ever made for deed planning even with its little buggy things. 

• Like 1

you disagree that a user manual should be made for it or some tutorial videos?
please.. forgive me if they exist i haven't been able to find them. :-)

I only need it for house planning, can't touch the 2nd floor, can't lay flooring on the ground floor.

with housecalc you can. Housecalc needs no guide.

While you're perfectly entitled to disagree with my opinion, that is not the topic i wished to raise.

The need for a user manual is.

Edited by Steveleeb

Well there is a FAQ in the folder that goes over some of the common issues and most of the time it is that they don't have a writ down so they can not put floors or roofs on. The elevation tab can get tricky but with a little trial and error you should be able to figure it out.

Also I am not against a manual but saying you were disappointed in a program because you don't understand how to use it is a little harsh. I just wanted the maker to know that it is indeed the best tool out there and i was not disappointed at all...well best tool until he gets done with 2.0,  lol

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

My apologies
-----------------
`1. I can't place floors and roofs, why?

You can place floors and roofs only on writ area.
2. But... why can't I place writ, too?
To edit writ, there must be flat surface. You also can't plan writ on borders of the mapper area.`
---------------
Was in the FAQ - this led me to believe that saving a writ (which i did) is not enough, you have to map it out while it's selected`
I did then lo and behold i was able to lay floors.
While i wouldn't call the methodology reflective of the game or intuitive, the FAQ did lend enough clues.

Yeah i was harsh
I wasn't aware of the FAQ. That was my stupidity.

thank you,  I will keep a keen eye for others running into this problem.
Edited by Steveleeb

Any plans to make this compatible for mac? I can load it and open it but its very glitchy to the point where i can't do anything on it.

I do have windows bootcamp, but its a pain to have to keep switching back and forth. I don't like playing wurm on my windows side as it seems to take up way more processing power there compared to my mac side.

Version 2.0 is using JOGL graphical backend instead of LWJGL - I cannot guarantee anything as I don't own and can't legally emulate any Mac machine, but I think that it is more Mac-friendly. ;)

• Like 1

Could you make a simple update to the current version, where we can remove objects easier? Just made a forest, changed elevation, saved, went to 3D view and saw that the trees didn't go up or down according to elevation = more than 50 difficult to remove objects to be removed

Noticed a bug when building a design for my keep. A certain 3x2 tile area was unable to be added to a writ via the application, this was also confirmed by my friend. After examining your save file and determining how it worked we looked up the problem tiles and found nothing wrong, they were clearly defined by a type ( eg ro for rock ).

In the first version of my plan it was tiles x: 4, 5, 6; y: 7, 8.

Upon resizing 1 to the left, and 1 up. They then became x: 5, 6, 7; y: 8, 9.

The problem was fixed by manually editing the writ entry at the bottom of the save file. Still unsure why you have the number of tiles as the first entry when the entry is delimited by a newline.

I tried the problem tiles in a brand new file, and launch of the application. There was no issue, I then proceeded to load the earliest version of the map where the problem existed before, and it still persists. Somehow these unwritable tiles are linked to the save file, but I don't know the save file well enough to figure it out yet. Any ideas what could cause this conflict?

Question to all DeedPlanner users:

What do you prefer: list view or tree view of things like grounds, floors, walls etc.? With list view, everything will look like in old versions, while in tree view everything will be sorted into categories, example below:

• House walls
    • Wooden
    • Stone
  • Parapets
  • Fences
    • Log
    • Plank
    • Rope
    • Shaft
    • Woven
    • Stone
    • Iron
In case of lists, some objects would be placed in more than one category (like parapets). I think that in list view this is easier to switch between objects, in tree view this should be faster. Edited by Warlander

Tree view for sure.  Many many times I've been skimming through the walls section looking for the particular piece I need and I pass over it several times because of the way it's arranged.

Also, will you be able to add in the new features, such as the new beds, chain link fence, benches, braziers, etc.

DeedPlanner 2.0 new interface sneak peek:

kb-mnqsgnzshblbaiechwsb.png

yy-kcqudlvkaveabdoaepcx.png

As you can see, in 3d view all unnecessary tabs are hidden to ensure greatest visibility. All options which previously took significant part of the screen are now hidden, but still easily accessible. I will show new 2d view interface when I will finish it. ;)

Old saves WILL be compatible with new version, but some data will be lost (dye, writs). Program will export saves only in new format, unreadable for old versions.

I still cannot give any ETA, but I will try to deliver first usable alpha somewhere in late May or early June. :)

• Like 2

oh i see a season button also i think they switched all the old models over a few updates ago so hopefully they all work now :)

I got some problems with the text option:

there is no indication whether you are in text mode or not.

Text is always at zero elevation, So it's invisble under hills or floors.

You can't edit text, you have to retype it every time.

And with writs:

no apparent renaming option.

You can move writs, but not rotate.

no copy option.

Thanks to xSamuraizx and this post I got the idea for a few new features:

• Possibility to use icons as labels
  • Possibility to outline and auto-label areas
  • Option to rotate the whole plan
ly-jkzmvisilxiexrykthvd.png

Do you see something unusual in this screenshot?

• Like 1

Gotta post an official Thanks to Warlander here as well, great job on developing this tool AND helping out with problems :P

For everyone else:

There is currently a problem with maps higher than 25 tiles, where you can't raise/lower a corner/border alone when y > 25. (It raises the whole tile then)

You can counter that by working on the map ~20 tiles height a time, then expand the map "south" and continue there.

Thanks again for taking the time to try figure that out warlander :)