Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

It is working now for me too. When you place a wall in edit mode it sometimes places a second one in the same tile but opposite side seems a little buggy. It would also be nice to have the delete on right click back too.

Edit: The roof rendered upside down on this plan also as you put on more floors the empty tiles around you get darker

The bugged roof..

toghUwo.jpg

WGqbm67.jpg

The darker tiles on higher floors in edit mode..

hrSwmyy.jpg

Edited by Kegan

Tiles should be getting darker - this is the same effect as in previous planner. Planner is rendering current layer in normal color and two lower layers in darker colors (grass count as the first floor, too).

About roofs - I am trying to fix all bugs related to them, but in case of two models (this one and |_ shaped corner) this is hard to define how they should be turned. In worst case I will add option to make roof with fixed rotation, but at first I will try to fix this somehow.

Currently program is using 3X3 grid to check how roof should be rotated. This is the grid for bugged corner:

1, 0,-2,
0, 0, 0,
-2, 0, 1

Every roof tile have "score". Score is calculated by checking minimal horizontal, vertical and diagonal proximity to roof edge, so in your case all roofs tiles have score "1". All non-roofs tiles have score "0".

Central number on grid is current tile - it is always 0. All other numbers are rotated until match is found.

-2 = tile must have lower value than central tile

-1 = tile must have lower or the same value as central tile

0 = tile must have the same value as central tile

1 = tile must have higher or the same value as central tile

2 = tile must have higher value than central tile

3 = tile can have any value

Edited by Warlander

It is working now for me too. When you place a wall in edit mode it sometimes places a second one in the same tile but opposite side seems a little buggy. It would also be nice to have the delete on right click back too.

Edit: The roof rendered upside down on this plan also as you put on more floors the empty tiles around you get darker

The bugged roof..

I've had all of those, although I believe they're supposed to get darker to highlight the fact that you're a few storeys up. :)

Tiles should be getting darker - this is the same effect as in previous planner. Planner is rendering current layer in normal color and two lower layers in darker colors (grass count as the first floor, too).

About roofs - I am trying to fix all bugs related to them, but in case of two models (this one and |_ shaped corner) this is hard to define how they should be turned. In worst case I will add option to make roof with fixed rotation, but at first I will try to fix this somehow.

okay it still is a great tool and already stopped me from tearing down something because i did not like the way it looks here. :) Edited by Kegan

Interesting behaviour using Ubuntu: When opening the jar through the file browser with "Oracle Java 7 Runtime" or "OpenJDK Java 7 Runtime" I get the empty gui and no error log.

But when starting through the command line with "java -jar HouseCalc.jar" (using Oracle) it runs just fine.

• Like 1

It is not a convention thing to use in your house but you can use tall stone walls it would be nice if you can add them into the mix when you get time. Also the double wall placement thing posted before is really annoying, Going to start saving and calculating see if i come up with anything new from that looking good so far only small issues for me.

Edit: Well it saved but it will not load it from file for me.

Edited by Kegan

Loading (at least from file) works for me, but it is rather slow (about 3 seconds on average, few months old laptop). If there is any bug related to loading, program should show error in error log. Calculations works in all test cases for me.

Double wall placement bug is caused by double (double-precision, highest possible accuracy for floating numbers) numbers inaccuracy - problem does not exist when tiles are rather small (like in program default resolution) and is most frequent when tiles (and resolution) are big, for tiles mostly on right side of the screen.

I will release 1.1 version when I will finish settings screen. Right-click deleting is already done and will appear in next update - scrolling is moved into middle mouse button (wheel).

• Like 1

I was trying to using an older version that i still had on my pc..works fine, lol

Would be nice if it allowed us to change terrain tiles aswell (if it's possible) to allow us to see what our harbour will look like against the water, or our marketplace will look against the slab paths etc...

Would be nice if it allowed us to change terrain tiles aswell (if it's possible) to allow us to see what our harbour will look like against the water, or our marketplace will look against the slab paths etc...

I would love to be able to plan my deed and make a mini version maybe not the slopes that might be asking for too much but the flat parts for sure.

Changing terrain tiles without actually changing terrain height should be rather easy to implement, while possibility to change terrain height should be very, very big change requiring almost literally writing offline Wurm client. :D The same applies to objects - some of them should be rather easy to implement (freedom tower, fountains etc. - everything what is taking the whole tile) while, for example, adding forges and barrels should need very big changes in program core. ;)

Edit: Hedges will appear in 1.1, too.

Edited by Warlander

It is such a cool tool you have made you can change things on the fly and get just the right look you want without all the building and wasted materials. What i have started is use the Wplanner and label the house with a number then save a file of that house using your tool with that same number. :)

Edit: Minor thing when you're using the aswd keys and click the window with your mouse to rotate it stops the aswd scrolling. If you start with the mouse button down and keep it held down then aswd does not stop. (basicly the mouse click stops the aswd scrolling).

Edited by Kegan

Downloading this now, incredible work Warlander! I've been wishing for something like this for such a long time, no more using Blender to plan a house!

What about floor openings, would you be implementing them eventually?

Also for a future addition I'd love to be able to resize the 'map' so we could plan our whole deed in 3d (without slopes obviously) < would require a name change to deed planner lol

Edited by Shads

Fixed, re installed JRE

Is the skill required correct?

Planned a 3x3 9 stories high, says it only requires 12 carpentry

Edited by vinius
  • Like 2

It is calculated through the following rule: "if there is floor tile on higher level, there must be higher story". If this is not enough in some cases, I can add walls checking, too.

About openings - I am trying to add them, but ladders will be hardcoded (but still moddable using "opening" keyword in Objects.txt).

About resizing - this change will appear in 1.2 or 1.3.

Edited by Warlander

Awesome look forward to seeing this tool being developed. Imo, it's the best tool out there so far for planning.

• Like 1

How about a way for the program to allow multiple buildings per map space, so that way we can start planning villages? You could either right click an entire building to see the materials needed, or the entire deed via the button in the lower left.

You could also one day in the future utilize a tile based system like Wurm with slopes where 20 slope is roughly the same height as a house wall. This could allow us to fully plan and design our deeds before we actually build them! :)

As said above, I'm anxious to see this coded more further down the road!

• Like 1

Looks awesome, thank you :)

Edited by Redd

The stone double door color is a little hard to see for me it is too close to the stone wall color in the planning window maybe you can make it more of a contrast?

I also see that stone walls on upper floors has the bottom V sticking over the walls below in First person view. (its a problem with inner walls in game too)

Edited by axeblade346

When you place roof tiles everything works fine, but when you remove them, the adjacent tiles sometimes turn the wrong way around, both in 2D and 3D view,

That's probably what caused the wonky roofs in the screenshots above.

Working now!

Quite awesome thing you made mate.

Allow me to throw a few critiques:

- Clear Project button seems to be not working

- The skill calc needs either refinement or a warning, since if you only put in walls the skill output will tally only the number of walls, which gives an incorrect skill calculation. Either add a warning, or try to find a way to calculate the number of tiles between the walls (will be nasty on donut shaped ones).

- Sometimes its hard to click the right place to add walls, have you considered putting in the tile borders?

Don't take this as me trying to be negative, aside from these (comparitively minor) flaws your software is AWESOME!