Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

Less than minor problem, I just want to point to some unaccurancy in height

Vynora placed in depth -241 should have water level, where blue line is
21ez1fk.png

btw I was pleasantly surprised how easily and correctly was loaded quite complicated "plan" from ver. 1.7 into actual 2.3.1, excelent job mister coder

Less than minor problem, I just want to point to some unaccurancy in height

Vynora placed in depth -241 should have water level, where blue line is

21ez1fk.png

btw I was pleasantly surprised how easily and correctly was loaded quite complicated "plan" from ver. 1.7 into actual 2.3.1, excelent job mister coder

I guess that height estimation in program is incorrect, current ratio is 1 wall height = 35 slope.

I guess that height estimation in program is incorrect, current ratio is 1 wall height = 35 slope.

I was just on test yesterday testing out putting a bridge to the second level of a building and it is 33 height. 

[00:12:51] You appear to be 33 dirt higher

• Like 2

This may have been mentioned before... Is there any chance deedplanner will be able to run in 64bit Java in the near future?

This may have been mentioned before... Is there any chance deedplanner will be able to run in 64bit Java in the near future?

I have 64-bit Java on my OS, DeedPlanner works for me.

I have 64-bit Java on my OS, DeedPlanner works for me.

Same here: works nicely with 64-bit Java

Works fine on 64 bit here, need to have Java 8 tho.

• Like 1

This is helpful info for anyone with Java issues - before posting a request for help, you should find out what version your system uses. Open a command prompt (Windows: Start->Run, type "cmd.exe" and Run) - and then type "java -version" and press Enter. 

You should see something like this: 

C:\WINDOWS\system32>java -version
java version "1.8.0_45"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_45-b15)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.45-b02, mixed mode)

Note - this is the Java that is in your system PATH. If you have several versions of Java installed, this is the one that is used by default. You can have several versions if there's a need, and simply point each shortcut to the version you wish to use. This is important to note because you may have installed 1.8 64-bit, but it might not be the default your system is using - so other Java applications may be using an older version or defaulting to a 32-bit installation.

CAVES, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

/me hugs Warlander

I know I should have suggested this before downloading the latest client :P But could the load and save windows have the options in the same order? I keep almost clicking 'save to pastebin'. Would just take away a minor frustration :)

I know I should have suggested this before downloading the latest client :P But could the load and save windows have the options in the same order? I keep almost clicking 'save to pastebin'. Would just take away a minor frustration :)

No problem, I will make small update/bugfix in a few days. :)

• Like 1

Any options for bridges to be included purdy please.

• Like 1

I've been trying all day to get this thing to work.  I swear I had it working before but this new version with the new java version isn't agreeing with me.  I uninstalled all java versions reinstalled 8 jre jse.  I even went and downloaded JDK with NB both 8 versions but I couldn't run the project properly through the master file still.  I tried unzipping using 7zip, winrar.  What am I doing wrong?  I have windows 7 and the proper javas.  I checked my version using the execute prompt.  Do I have the folder in the wrong place?  Where would the best place for it be? 

Is there a more in depth walk through on installing this thing?  This second time around is just not working for me.

Any help available

[2015-06-20 23:45:32] Error has occurred!
Java vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java version: 1.8.0_45
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.Tile.renderGround(Tile.java:174)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.Tile.renderWorld(Tile.java:155)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.Tile.render3d(Tile.java:146)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.Map.render(Map.java:416)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.graphics.GraphicsLoop.display(GraphicsLoop.java:66)
    at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.displayImpl(GLDrawableHelper.java:665)
    at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.display(GLDrawableHelper.java:649)
    at javax.media.opengl.awt.GLJPanel$Updater.display(GLJPanel.java:1213)
    at javax.media.opengl.awt.GLJPanel$8.run(GLJPanel.java:1269)
    at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.invokeGLImpl(GLDrawableHelper.java:1119)
    at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.invokeGL(GLDrawableHelper.java:994)
    at javax.media.opengl.awt.GLJPanel$OffscreenBackend.doPaintComponent(GLJPanel.java:1777)
    at javax.media.opengl.awt.GLJPanel.paintComponent(GLJPanel.java:545)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1056)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(JComponent.java:889)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1065)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1065)
    at javax.swing.JLayeredPane.paint(JLayeredPane.java:586)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.paintToOffscreen(JComponent.java:5226)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paintDoubleBuffered(RepaintManager.java:1572)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paint(RepaintManager.java:1495)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(RepaintManager.java:1265)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1042)
    at java.awt.GraphicsCallback$PaintCallback.run(GraphicsCallback.java:39)
    at sun.awt.SunGraphicsCallback.runOneComponent(SunGraphicsCallback.java:79)
    at sun.awt.SunGraphicsCallback.runComponents(SunGraphicsCallback.java:116)
    at java.awt.Container.paint(Container.java:1973)
    at java.awt.Window.paint(Window.java:3912)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager$4.run(RepaintManager.java:835)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager$4.run(RepaintManager.java:807)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:75)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(RepaintManager.java:807)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(RepaintManager.java:782)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager.prePaintDirtyRegions(RepaintManager.java:731)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager.access$1300(RepaintManager.java:64)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager$ProcessingRunnable.run(RepaintManager.java:1720)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:756)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:75)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:726)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

Edit:  I was able to install it and get it up and running on another computer without a problem.  And I did those same steps on this comp, but it isn't able to find the main class.  How do I go about fixing that?  Is it because I've had different versions of the program elsewhere?

Edited by Chrisyou

Looking at first error - is there something meaningful in info log (it should be filled with informations about loaded assets)? Program is probably unable to find needed assets, so it is loaded without any data and crash moment after that.

Latest release: 22.05.2014

I have recently come to understand that this line in OP has led some friends to think there were no updates since last year, you might wanna remove that line.

PS: Will you add the standalone staircase soon? DS.

Edited by Cecci

I have recently come to understand that this line in OP has led some friends to think there were no updates since last year, you might wanna remove that line.

PS: Will you add the standalone staircase soon? DS.

Fixed. Standalone staircase will appear in next update.

• Like 2

I'm not sure where the info log is

In program directory, there should be two log files: info log and error log.

One of my co-workers created a small parser to read out the wurm event log to be able to count slopes and tiles more easily and now I was wondering, if you would maybe want to add that to your program :) so that someone could as example, start doubleclicking tiles or borders from North West to South East (or just per rows, like south to west) of an area they want to get the slope information of those tiles (and the amount) aswell as if they are towards or away from you.  It could be like a recording function, that is being started and stopped within the program and then adds the Information to the selected tiles within the deedplanner :) 

or just an import function for adding slopes in a specific order? I'm not exactly sure how your program works, but I thought I throw this in as a suggestion :)

• Like 2

One of my co-workers created a small parser to read out the wurm event log to be able to count slopes and tiles more easily and now I was wondering, if you would maybe want to add that to your program :) so that someone could as example, start doubleclicking tiles or borders from North West to South East (or just per rows, like south to west) of an area they want to get the slope information of those tiles (and the amount) aswell as if they are towards or away from you.  It could be like a recording function, that is being started and stopped within the program and then adds the Information to the selected tiles within the deedplanner :) 

or just an import function for adding slopes in a specific order? I'm not exactly sure how your program works, but I thought I throw this in as a suggestion :)

Adding this feature as new height edition mode would be problematic due to way in which DeedPlanner handles edition, but adding small tool which is able to load sorted height data shouldn't be a problem.

• Like 1

I was wondering if you could add in a way to move buildings like we use to be able to on the older version? My thought on it is maybe add it in the label/materials tab again. In there you can add in a new "move" option then have some arrows below that or something.  It would use the same detection as when you are deleting..etc but it would just move the building with the arrows.

Not sure how hard that would be but you did have move in the past iirc so i don't think it would be to hard for you. (not a big deal but would be nice)   :)

Edited by Kegan

Heya :) thank you
A problem .. i have a friend who i've been telling to use DP for over a year.
twice he's tried, twice it's failed.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?  ;

DP 2.3.1
java 8 x64

Runs deed planner - load screen fills up and just sits there / white box appears and just sits there
He tells me his error log is empty

He tried the old version (1.7), this happens;
[16:23:25] <Fablecrafter> it has the ui up, but cant use it, it just acts like it's not responding, if that helps indicate a problem

Edited by Steveleeb