#761 Shads

Shads

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 690 posts
  • LocationNippy shores 23x 46y

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:14 PM

Hope they get added, trying to recreate my entire deed in the planner but without "stone fences" I can't do it :(

Nippy General Store. Fast. Friendly. Reliable. Quality service.

#762 ReaverKane

ReaverKane

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:56 PM

Forgive my ignorance. Would it be possible to make cave layer separate ? That is, it ignores other layers and other layers ignore it ? If you were on 3D view in cave, you couldn't walk outside, and you couldn't walk into a cave from outside, you'd have to switch back to 2D view and change layer. Users could toggle between cave layer and normal layer to compare heights, but we could still map our cave-heights to move around them in 3D. And you'd avoid render issues of mismatching elevations because normal 3D view would continue to ignore any data on cave level. Up to the user to map it right.

Was coming here to ask for this.

I have two contiguous deeds that have separate mines at different heights. I wanted to use the planner to make a plan of both deeds at surface, then at underground, so i can better plan the merger of both mines.

I'd suggest using mine doors as a anchor point between both layers.

If that's not possible, i'd suggest a "New Project" button, that would prompt a selection between a "Mine Project" and a "Deed Project". Both would be using the same system as now, but reversed palletes. (As in the view with height map would have cave tiles only, and the current "mine view" would allow for surface tiles and houses).

#763 neofit

neofit

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:45 AM

Hi,

Great program!

Some remarks:

1. The "Update" dialog is a bit annoying: it lacks the "Cancel" button. What if I am in a hurry to check out a change and don't want to update at this very moment? The regular windows "close" button at the top right didn't work for me.

2. I wanted to donate, but now that I have updated I cannot see how, the "donate" button only seems to exist in the "Update" dialog.

3. I have a French AZERTY keyboard. The 3D map is using fixed WASD keys, which on my keyboard is ZQSD and has me twisting my fingers in a rather unnatural way. Any way to let us redefine these keys in some .ini file?

Keep up the good work.

#764 Warlander

Warlander

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:40 AM

About keybindings - I will add them in next update, keybindings will appear in the same folder as program settings.

About update window - probably minor bug, should be fixed in next update. //fixed

About donations - button is in this thread in first post and in the exit window. ;)

Edited by Warlander, 10 September 2013 - 12:51 PM.

wurmonline.pl - Polish fansite administrator, DeedPlanner developer.

#765 Zakerak

Zakerak

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic (Europe)

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:11 AM

- Deed Planner needs auto save.

Yesterday I had enough free time in game to full test Edit slope in Elevation tab. I spent hour reading slopes and entering them into Planner. Whole thing worked sweetly. Weakest link in the chain was my memory for numbers :P

I mapped vast area and everything was fine until ... Deed Planner frozen, no more responding (probably from ALT-TABing whole time). And I lost last 40 minutes of progress. Well, my mistake I did not saved every so often. But save project is not so easy, while program stubbornly refuses to remember last used directory to save/load file.

If filename/pastebin.com URL from last save/load can be stored and used every 10 or 20 minutes for autosave, it could save most of our efforts.

Edited by Zakerak, 12 September 2013 - 07:20 AM.

Ship building increased  to 96 97

#766 Zakerak

Zakerak

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic (Europe)

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:33 AM

After updater downloaded and unpacked new version, we still had old version.

(I'm not sure if this was mentioned before or not)

Now I know, where was problem. In DeedPlanner.zip is stored even path DeedPlanner. So after unpack new version is placed into DeedPlanner subdirectory in our working directory, instead of placing new version exactly into working directory.

Ship building increased  to 96 97

#767 neofit

neofit

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:22 AM

Right now there is an option to "Show grid (top view only)". Is there a chance we can get a grid in 3d view too, preferably black.

Look at this:

Capture.jpg

I climbed on top of that mountain to map all the elevations. Now I don't want to be climbing anymore but do a faster fly-by and get new ideas, but I can't see the tile boundaries or even how many are there without a proper grid. They would also add perspective so we'd see elevations too.

#768 DKSprocket

DKSprocket

Villager

• Community Assistant
  • 400 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:13 AM

I have run to an odd show-stopping bug regarding elevation. I expanded the deed plan I was working on by 12 rows both north and south and after doing so I can't edit elevation on the 24 top rows of the deed anymore. When I mouse-over the corners I don't get the elevation numbers and clicking the corners don't do anything at all.

The broken deed plan is here: http://pastebin.com/86Pcie9C

Deed plan before resize here: http://pastebin.com/hEhM1WjT

Edit - seems this issue has been reported several times, first time back in july: http://forum.wurmonl...-33#entry841932

Edited by DKSprocket, 15 September 2013 - 05:12 AM.

Servers: Pristine & Xanadu, Selling: - LT weapons - enchanted items - compasses - 70ql weapons - up to 92ql logs - up to 99ql metal (all kinds)

#769 Kegan

Kegan

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,889 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:19 PM

Just make the map square like if you have a 100x50 just make it 100x100 and it should work again 

#770 Aum

Aum

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 627 posts
  • LocationPristine

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:34 AM

thank you x 1mil for the marble paving and slate paving tiles update!!

just a quick list of things im hoping for in the next update =P

hedges, low/med/tall

stone fences

the flower boxes

atleast one flower pot

rose bush

beds

=)

One click can change the world

#771 AnarchistRise

AnarchistRise

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 963 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:50 AM

I am running into a problem if I open the program after I open a wurm client it hangs up and goes to the "not responding" screen on windows 7. If I open DeedPlanner first, and then the Wurm Client it seams to work smoothly. Any known work around or anyone else experiencing this?

#772 Tpikol

Tpikol

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,231 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:17 AM

could u make a lite version for people who just wants to plan buildings,like the old versions used to work?

a straight line may be the shortest distance between two points,but it is by no means the most interesting.

#773 ReaverKane

ReaverKane

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

I am running into a problem if I open the program after I open a wurm client it hangs up and goes to the "not responding" screen on windows 7. If I open DeedPlanner first, and then the Wurm Client it seams to work smoothly. Any known work around or anyone else experiencing this?

Just don't tab out to wurm while the planner loads stuff, in fact don't even breathe while it does.

I have more or less the same issue. If you do anything on the computer while it loads the deed planner will hang up 2 out of 3 times.

#774 Warlander

Warlander

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

could u make a lite version for people who just wants to plan buildings,like the old versions used to work?

We have it - it is called HouseCalc, download link in the first post of the thread. ;)

It don't have any advanced stuff, but for "basic" house planning this should be enough.

#775 Tpikol

Tpikol

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,231 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:31 PM

oh im trying that now,u may want to explain more about what that is on the op,i didnt get it when i read it

a straight line may be the shortest distance between two points,but it is by no means the most interesting.

#776 Warlander

Warlander

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

I added performance improvement - in 1.7f on biggest maps I had about 50% GPU usage, now it rarely exceeds 15% - even more improvements are possible, but I think they are no longer needed. Transparent textures rendering is fixed now. ;)

Autosave feature is added, it saves the current map to the "Autosave.MAP" in default save location at 5 minute intervals - on the occasion I improved few things in load and save window.

New version will come when I will finish keybindings and add few more objects (including trees). :)

Edit: Keybindings finished, now objects. :)

Edited by Warlander, 21 September 2013 - 03:29 PM.

• Aum likes this

#777 ReaverKane

ReaverKane

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:43 PM

oh im trying that now,u may want to explain more about what that is on the op,i didnt get it when i read it

House calc is basically the initial versions of the Deed Planner.

#778 Warlander

Warlander

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 728 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

Trees, trees everywhere!

hzbr.png

Version 1.7g released! Changes:
  • performance optimalizations (about 300-400% - now the program is very "light" even on huge maps)
  • added keybindings (in program settings directory)
  • added map autosave
  • added trees: willow, pine, oak, maple, cedar, birch, walnut, linden, fir, chestnut
  • fixed transparent objects rendering

I want to update program screenshots on the first page - any pictures of really good, big projects? :)

Edited by Warlander, 21 September 2013 - 09:34 PM.

• Kegan likes this

#779 Kegan

Kegan

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,889 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:47 PM

Love the trees but they seem small i think you could double them maybe might work better? I have not had time to work with it much will test out the rest later but thank you for the trees :)

#780 sunsvortex

sunsvortex

Villager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationI forgot and my compass doesnt work

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:08 PM

new version having an issue -

Properties \ Keybindings.prop does not exist

I manually added a folder named Properties and a text file named Keybindings.prop and the program seems to be running now. But for whatever reason the program did not create them.

EGjbeUW.png

Edited by sunsvortex, 21 September 2013 - 11:38 PM.

• Warlander likes this
While everyone is entitled to their own opinion, they are not entitled to their own facts.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: house calculator, mapper, deed planner, planner, deed, house, program