Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

That's a good idea, Kegan. The smoothing tool needs some bugfixing anyway - so why not try to find out how to smooth 2-dimensional areas? I have the impression that it should be possible, mathematically at least :P

I just love the new level area with the highlighted dragging you put in this now.  Is there anyway you can get this same highlighted feature to work with the smoothing tool? 

Are you talking about ... smothing a highway for example? As in 3 tiles but all with the same slopes in one direction?

Or something that gets you those mountain-like slopes (kinda diagonal tiles?)

Are you talking about ... smothing a highway for example? As in 3 tiles but all with the same slopes in one direction?

Or something that gets you those mountain-like slopes (kinda diagonal tiles?)

Well a lot of us live next to mountains in game and sometimes making the mountain in the deed planner can be a pain. I am just looking for a more visual way to see what you are doing and that makes it easier to get done.  

Let's see all possibilities:

• Gaining data from network traffic between server and client - very easy and fast, but illegal
  • Event log based terrain input - this option can take a lot of time to implement properly, but inputting values could be very fast and natural
  • Random terrain generator and terrain deformation tool - good way to make natural looking terrain very fast, where accuracy of values doesn't matter
  • 3d editing - can be more difficult to learn but faster than 2d editing
  • ???

I will release 2.1.5 when I will come back home (about 5-7 hours). :)

Edited by Warlander

DeedPlanner 2.1.5 released! Changes:

• Added lawn
  • Added banners
  • Added flags
  • Partially fixed label bug (last fix for now)
Edit: DeedPlanner topic just reached popular status, this is the first tool which reached it - thanks to everyone for feedback and using the tool! :)

Let's make Wurm even better game, step by step - third-party tools are important for all healthy MMO games.

Edited by Warlander
  • Like 3

I'm starting to use your tool to create settings for my table top rpg.

I keep holding off downloading the latest versions because you update it again so soon!

For what it's worth, my vote is for static too. I set up the lay of the land while online and in-game, but that's what allows me to play with design ideas when I don't have access to the internet and gives me a wum fix too!

Out of interest, do you ahve some idea of bridge stuff already, or will that be started when they're in game?

Also, do you have a vague guesstimate on putting the mine layer in to this build? If it's months away I'll update again soon, but if it's a couple of weeks or so I'll update then.

I keep holding off downloading the latest versions because you update it again so soon!

For what it's worth, my vote is for static too. I set up the lay of the land while online and in-game, but that's what allows me to play with design ideas when I don't have access to the internet and gives me a wum fix too!

Out of interest, do you ahve some idea of bridge stuff already, or will that be started when they're in game?

Also, do you have a vague guesstimate on putting the mine layer in to this build? If it's months away I'll update again soon, but if it's a couple of weeks or so I'll update then.

Mines and bridges are still rather distant future - current program engine is able to easily support them both, but adding any of them will be time consuming.

Is there a way i can update my current version or must i download every update?

Is there a way i can update my current version or must i download every update?

The only way to update is replacing older version.

About the triangle - this is byproduct of terrain rendering, I can get rid of it soon.

Would you like to see terrain shading like from first DeedPlanner?

Hey, its a very epic tool for planing houses, but is it possible to add a preview for the walls like the floor? =)

And maybe even the possibility to build the house in the 3D mode and not only view it there?

Edited by ShaDdoW_EyE

could u possibly add forges and ovens. i might have missed them but i cant seem to find them

Hey, its a very epic tool for planing houses, but is it possible to add a preview for the walls like the floor? =)

And maybe even the possibility to build the house in the 3D mode and not only view it there?

Preview for walls is already in program, you see them from upper perspective, but each wall/fence type look different (shapes and colors).

3d editing... Maybe in the future, but I don't guarantee anything.

Edited by Warlander

I don't know if this error was already posted, sorry for duplication if it's the case.

I'm on a MacBook and I have installed the latest Oracle Java. DeedPlanner was working until the last Java update.

Now I get this error (with all 2.x versions of DP):

[2015-05-04 15:21:55] Error has occurred!

Java vendor: Oracle Corporation

Java version: 1.8.0_45

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.media.opengl.GLDrawableFactory.initSingleton()V

at javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.initProfilesForDefaultDevices(GLProfile.java:1652)

at javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.access$000(GLProfile.java:77)

at javax.media.opengl.GLProfile$1.run(GLProfile.java:142)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.initSingleton(GLProfile.java:128)

at javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.getProfileMap(GLProfile.java:2149)

at javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.get(GLProfile.java:898)

at javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.getDefault(GLProfile.java:632)

at javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.getDefault(GLProfile.java:643)

at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.util.jogl.GLInit.prepareGLCapabilities(GLInit.java:18)

at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.MapPanel.<init>(MapPanel.java:21)

at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.forms.Planner.initComponents(Planner.java:114)

at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.forms.Planner.<init>(Planner.java:28)

at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.forms.Loading.lambda$new$21(Loading.java:31)

at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.forms.Loading$$Lambda$16/1323468230.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Preview for walls is already in program, you see them from upper perspective, but each wall/fence type look different (shapes and colors).

Yes, i do know that, but I meant that you have tumbnails of the walls on the left side, not only the text.

I admit it, im a newbie in Wurm, and I just dont know how every wall type looks like =)

I don't know if this error was already posted, sorry for duplication if it's the case.

I'm on a MacBook and I have installed the latest Oracle Java. DeedPlanner was working until the last Java update.

Now I get this error (with all 2.x versions of DP):

[2015-05-04 15:21:55] Error has occurred!

Java vendor: Oracle Corporation

Java version: 1.8.0_45

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.media.opengl.GLDrawableFactory.initSingleton()V

at javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.initProfilesForDefaultDevices(GLProfile.java:1652)

at javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.access$000(GLProfile.java:77)

at javax.media.opengl.GLProfile$1.run(GLProfile.java:142)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.initSingleton(GLProfile.java:128)

at javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.getProfileMap(GLProfile.java:2149)

at javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.get(GLProfile.java:898)

at javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.getDefault(GLProfile.java:632)

at javax.media.opengl.GLProfile.getDefault(GLProfile.java:643)

at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.util.jogl.GLInit.prepareGLCapabilities(GLInit.java:18)

at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.MapPanel.<init>(MapPanel.java:21)

at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.forms.Planner.initComponents(Planner.java:114)

at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.forms.Planner.<init>(Planner.java:28)

at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.forms.Loading.lambda$new$21(Loading.java:31)

at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.forms.Loading$$Lambda$16/1323468230.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I will update JOGL library in next release, but I cannot guarantee that this will fix this problem - I don't have possibility to test program on Mac OS.

• Like 1

Yes, i do know that, but I meant that you have tumbnails of the walls on the left side, not only the text.

I admit it, im a newbie in Wurm, and I just dont know how every wall type looks like =)

oooh, that's a nice idea! Saves us having to have the wiki open alongside to see what things look like, or to keep switching between 2d and 3d to check.

I am not sure how you would even make that work because from what i can tell most of the things he uses are the games own textures so he would have to make all new icons for them to be listed like that.  

Seems like most all the walls are pretty self explanatory anyway except for the newer ones maybe.  

Actually, game is using pre-rendered models for far distance rendering (we even had a bug few years ago, after devs changed tall stone wall model they kept old icon for a few days, so from distance new walls were still looking like old ones), so icons of all house walls and fences are in game files already (if someone want to take a look at them, check packs/graphics/texture/house and packs/graphics/models/fences/texture) and all of them take less than 1 mb of space.

I already have code for assigning icons to grounds, so this is just matter of adapting it to work with walls and adding icons to the database - nice idea for additional feature for 2.2.0. :)

DeedPlanner 2.2.0 released! Changes:

• Added possibility to display preview icons in walls tab
  • Added icons for all wall types
  • Changed the ground rendering in order to get rid of rendering artifacts
  • Like 1

I have to admit i was skeptical about the icons but you did a nice job with them. They do make the list a little longer but it is not bad at all.

Edit: Maybe an option to turn off the icons might be nice to have. 

Edited by Kegan

Edit: Maybe an option to turn off the icons might be nice to have.

It is in settings already, just set icon size to 0 - this will disable them.

Edited by Warlander
  • Like 1

hello warlander

when will the new version released? and will the new items be there, like bridges etc?