Sign in to follow this  
Webbler

Sermons

Hey everyone,

I would love to know who might be interested in being involved in regularly scheduled sermons. The questions I have for those that are interested are as follows.

Place: Where would be easiest for everyone to get to? (I've been in a few in Mookton and feel it's rather central for everyone. But this could change.)

Time / Day: I know a lot of us are all in different time zones, however, maybe all those interested might be able to come to some sort of compromise?

Length: How long might those involved be able to stick around or even AFK their characters for others? (I have done this and would do so if needed again.)

Alts: How many possible Priests or Alts do you have or could bring? (Alts not necessary, but as most priests know, the more the merrier for faith gains.)

I would really like to get something set up with as many people we could so all priests who might be struggling with faith gains could get a boost. =)

Thanks to those who give input and I look forward to getting something regular started.

I could bring Debit and shipments of 70+ql wemp for bowstrings if the place isn't too far from me, and I could prolly keep her there most of the time

Have you considered having them at GD so we can have more people coming somewhere nice and safe and central?

That's a pretty cool idea. I didn't even know there were altars for all the gods there and such. I'll travel around a bit and see what else might be around that area or in a good central location like that. Next thing to figure out would be a good time and day for people to attend. That is assuming more than just you and I post in this thread. hahaha..

Well, Sincor was running sermons at SHTP, we ran the sermons 24/7 as people would just leave priests or alts idling, so there were always enough toons for someone to preach.

i am making a priest, hes at 22 faith currently but would bring him to sermons anway, GD or Mookton works

i am making a priest, hes at 22 faith currently but would bring him to sermons anway, GD or Mookton works

Nice! More the merrier. What would be a good time for you? (You too Aether)

I work funny hours, so I'd only be able to be active about 6pm-8pm and 4am-10am GMT, but could leave her logged in pretty much 24/7, I'd only really need to leave once a day to go home to farm and stuff, to bring back moar wemps

Im happy to attend...GD or Mookton, doesnt really faze me...Mookton is only a 5 min walk from GD anyway so dont know what difference it makes having it there or at GD. Im on GMT +10 or 11...so probably, as per usual, my times are out compared to everyone elses, that means i wont be getting up at 4am to attend a service....so if they run all day, or every hour or 2 would be handy.

edit - The thought of leaving my computer on at home while im out/at work is like nails down a chalkboard to me so i'll only be online when im actually online...no afking for me...sorry.

Edited by Lolly1

i think we should just stay logged in 24/7 for like 2 weeks once we get enought people and get 70 faith easy :D

For those that don't want to AFK, that is fine by me too. :)

I was also thinking another idea could be to swap whoever is running them for a 24hr period for those that can't attend a set time. For example, Saturdays starting at time Noon GMT until Sunday Noon GMT. How do you all think that would work? :)

The idea behind having them running 24/7 is so that people can come and go as needed, if sat noon gmt - sun noon gmt coincides with my harvest day, I'm gonna be well out of commission, see?

Well, you all can keep them on for 24/7 and ill just pop over whenever im online. Too easy.

Edited by Lolly1

lol i can go to GD maybe, and Mookton already has sermons like all the time, No AFKing me though so ill be on when i can be on

last time i went to a sermon in greendog someone tried to kill my horse, im not going anywhere that allows that.

I agree. Something set up where people can come and go as needed would be best. It's just setting up a good set of days that works for everyone. I do think unless we all got together to build a "safe spot" for horses, etc in greendog if that's our choice.. However Mookton already has a good setup for the horses, etc I think.

If Mookton already has sermons all the time, as Shadow said...is this thread then redundant? We can just toddle off to Mookton already.

edit - The thought of leaving my computer on at home while im out/at work is like nails down a chalkboard to me so i'll only be online when im actually online...no afking for me...sorry.

I dont like it either but just logging in to do your prayers and sermon is kinda self centered considering all the other people stayed logged in for you.

Ill be at GD most of the day with a prem alt folower of vynora

Edited by Niners

If Mookton already has sermons all the time, as Shadow said...is this thread then redundant? We can just toddle off to Mookton already.

Not really because those sermons are not "scheduled" so to speak. They are a small group of folks (me included) that PM each other once and a while and just get together for them since nothing like this is set up.

I dont like it either but just logging in to do your prayers and sermon is kinda self centered considering all the other people stayed logged in for you.

Ill be at GD most of the day with a prem alt folower of vynora

Hmmm... so im being self centred because i dont want to add any to my already enourmous bills by having this on all day and night, 7 days a week? lol....nevermind, i wont be attending any longer....good luck with it.

Edited by Lolly1

Hmmm... so im being self centred because i dont want to add any to my already enourmous bills by having this on all day and night, 7 days a week? lol....nevermind, i wont be attending any longer....good luck with it.

That's too bad. I wouldn't ever try to "require" anyone to AFK there. Those that want to, or can, that's great. Those that can't for whatever reason, that is fine by me too.

as far as a schedule. I didn't want to do that as i'm starting to work for the next 6 months so i wont be around much. but i will be on Sundays. anyone can come a sermon in Mookton . it is wide open for all. GD is a good place too Imo. But where ever your guys decide to sermon let me know ill bring 2 toons there.

Come one, Come all!

Date / Time: Friday, April 19th starting at about 6PM CST (Central US time) until Sunday April 21st until there isn't enough folks to continue..

No one is required to AFK at all! However if you would like to, that is fine as well.

I will be bringing meals and as much cotton as I can fit in my cart (sorry no wemp), along with my 4 toons. (Only 3 are priests, and only 2 of them will be participating, the other accounts will be there for moral support.)

Recommended things to bring:

Your priest.

Materials to grind a skill with.

Extras:

If you have more than one account you can bring, great! If not, that is perfectly fine as well. :)

If you would like to bring personal sac items, that would be cool too. But again, not required!

My goal for this is for all involved to get some good faith gains, have fun, talk, meet and talk, share, and learn from other players on the server, etc.

bla_1366412400.png

EDIT: Added Location and Coords.

Edited by Webbler