Sign in to follow this  
Wox

Paper Doll

I love that Kegan! this is simple and good for overview ;) and they could even add more Colors for it to Display damage % ;) so blue beeing fully repaired, green 15% damage, yellow 30% damage, orange 45% damage, red 65% damage, dark red 80%+ damage ;) or so^^

could even add a Little shine around those items equipped

I'd love that, even the possibility to adjust the levels of damage indicated. Right now you can't get an overview of the damage without hovering all items :/

Would be nice to be able to right click to equip/unequip, with this new paper doll switching quick has been proving more difficult

Would be nice to be able to right click to equip/unequip, with this new paper doll switching quick has been proving more difficult

htey mentioned they are working on that next

I just have a few gripes...

Healing seems a bit more tedious since now I hafta open this new paper doll window and 'find' where the wound it if the part of the body isn't lit up brightly (such as for very light wounds).

Accessing the backpack also requires me to open this menu.

Also for me, it seems the paper doll placement icons are blurry and it's hard to tell where something needs to be equipped without mousing over for the tooltip.

I heard switching back is even worse since the body tree is much larger with the addition of these other slots.

Can't equip hota medallions or bracelets.

I think that's about it....

The body tree has to be one of the most complex thing I've seen. The lack of items equipping logically is even worse, if you don't drag an item to the exact point the system won't auto move it to the place (Eg putting a weapon in the right hand won't work, it needs to be in the right held item.

If people wanted tabards, Personally I think they should be automatically given to a person and not require you to make them. Bear in mind this is crucial in PVP where its incredibly hard to distinguish players apart from the red outline. I think this is a bad change to the game, making something overly complicated rather than making the game easier to play.

An empty equipment inventory should NEVER be that big to play a game.

686c2.jpg

• Like 4

The body tree has to be one of the most complex thing I've seen. The lack of items equipping logically is even worse, if you don't drag an item to the exact point the system won't auto move it to the place (Eg putting a weapon in the right hand won't work, it needs to be in the right held item.

If people wanted tabards, Personally I think they should be automatically given to a person and not require you to make them. Bear in mind this is crucial in PVP where its incredibly hard to distinguish players apart from the red outline. I think this is a bad change to the game, making something overly complicated rather than making the game easier to play.

686c2.jpg

This is what I have been saying. Now we got the option ''body menu'', but please give us the OLD body menu back. People who want all the extra stuff can use the paper doll for shield slots, belt slot etc. Keep the body menu the way it was before, it's really annoying for people who pvp. I'm getting very confused and it's not necessary at all, just more complicated and I can't see how that would be a good thing.

Edited by Sharkin

Many thanks to the teem for moving wurm forward in so many directions.  As to the paperdoll it works great for equiping items, but will need to see borders and damage colors to be functional.  As for healing it is a nightmare for me, if ea body part stayed open, instead of closing when you open the next, and if ea wound had a clearer way of showing its severity and status at a glance, without mousing over, it would be better.  For my self I would like to see the old body back in inventory with all unhealable lines removed.

• Like 1

He, for all the work they did on this, they totally forgot the bracelet slot.

Yes, those empty slots should not be visible, and when the item is equipped it should replace it, rather than becoming a "child" of the slot.

The clutter is even more when there are multiple wounds; healing is a little nightmare now, no matter if done with doll or with tree  :)

Maybe we could get additional tree, aside to "body" and "inventory", for "wounds"?

Edited by Hula_Girl
  • Like 1

He, for all the work they did on this, they totally forgot the bracelet slot.

Yep, could not equip it anywhere.

Even on the right or left arm where they use to fit?

There was even a funny exploit where wearing a bracelet made one practically invincible.

Apologies if already mentioned, didn't see it in all the posts.

Keybinds like repair will not work on equipped items through the paperdoll. Menu commands still function.

It's the same for the target window that one never got fixed either.

Apologies if already mentioned, didn't see it in all the posts.

Keybinds like repair will not work on equipped items through the paperdoll. Menu commands still function.

Keybinds now work in the paperdoll for wounds and items, in the Unstable Client.

I suggest bigger icons on the wounds. Now I can't see it's light, medium, bandaged or not etc.

Yes, those empty slots should not be visible, and when the item is equipped it should replace it, rather than becoming a "child" of the slot.

The clutter is even more when there are multiple wounds; healing is a little nightmare now, no matter if done with doll or with tree  :)

Maybe we could get additional tree, aside to "body" and "inventory", for "wounds"?

Healing a nightmare with the new paperdoll?

Are we playing the same game?

This new doll is awesome. I can swap gear and heal so much quicker.

Edited by Brunwulf

The paperdoll looks great  but could use some polishing:

* Double click backpack or quiver should open them.

* Wound Icons are not very nice, at least on high rez screen I can't tell what they look like.

* All other Icons are too low rez, nicer looking Icons would be really nice in general. Different left/right Icon Graphics would be neat too.

Other than that  I agree it's hard to distiguish which parts are armor, different coloring on the slots or changing the alignment of armor slots would be nice.

Some fixes on the paper doll

* Bigger wound color dots.

* Key binds works now except "Activate" some fuzziness  going on there.

* First aid on wound group should work now.

Can it be possible to resize in the future?

Any word about the body tree or do I need to bring the issue up elsewhere?

Now we have this paper doll, aint it logical to remove the Character window? I personally don't see any use for it any more.

And, if you have have the setting on that you have no 'Body' in your inventory, that the 'Inventory' window should not display the 'Inventory' tab.

Or it should least already be open. Its unlogical you have to open it twice.