Sign in to follow this  
Sarcaticous

Reducing Lag

When something is butchered off deed burying the butchered animal should happen at the end of the butchering. It should be one process. Butcher and then bury in one connected action. So if I butcher something off a deed then after it gets butchered I should automatically go into a bury action. If you don't have a shovel than I should not be able to butcher.

Why do this? To reduce the item count on the servers. Areas become littered with huge numbers of butchered animals that no one seems to care about burying. All of these butchered animals cause a drag on the servers. Either that or increase the decay rate of butchered animals so they are gone in a rl hour or less.

/me points at the SUGGESTIONS sub section of the forums. ;)

Get it on there on ill do a +1.

I see a problem with a forced bury action. After all, you can't bury things when there is not enough dirt on that given tile. I could get behind the butchered animals getting cleared away faster. Cite 'small scavengers' or whatever.

I have never played on a BL server but don't they use the corpses to make zombies or something? How would this idea work there?

I've said it before and I completely agree that the decay on corpses should be highly increased off deed. I personally wouldn't mind if it was the same on deed, but especially with the higher mob count (amazing update) outside my deed looks disgusting and its starting to bother me. I have 3 guard towers around my deed and, of course, have no problem with hunters and neighbors using them. But it was different when there where 2 or 3 corpses on each side of my deed vs now every 4-5 tiles there's dead bodies. Giving a horrible view.

I even transport corpses out of caves though it slows me down, in order to bury them. It's like not littering. Do your part or be one of "those people" :P

• Like 1

B-b-but leaving 50,000 corpses in my wake makes me feel good

I have never played on a BL server but don't they use the corpses to make zombies or something? How would this idea work there?

BL doesn't use butchered corpses except for ERP

Just to Clarify. To make Zombies you can only use an unbucthered corpse.

Dont have it bury, just have it when you chop apart a corpse for it's innards, the corpse is destroyed completely, not as a bury action, that way it will work on rock.

• Like 1

406 posts and he still doesn't know where suggestion forum is :P.

-1 from me. I take unbutchered corpses with me after hunting, cause my friend is grinding butchery. If he automatically has to bury corpses after butchering it would be a waste of sleep bonus and queue.

A related issue at least on epic homes is the piles of human corpses

(mostly the same few persons, usually foreign alts attacking every horse or real new player with purchased high ql weapons and dying a lot in the process)

Some have dozens and dozens of temporary unburyable unmoveable corpses near the spawns. Totaling well into the triple digits at any given time.

Dont have it bury, just have it when you chop apart a corpse for it's innards, the corpse is destroyed completely, not as a bury action, that way it will work on rock.

This seems a sensible idea. Is there any purpose/use for a butchered corpse?

406 posts and he still doesn't know where suggestion forum is :P.

221 posts and you still can't tell the difference between a whine and a suggestion. This is a whine just so you know. If it were a suggestion don't you think it would be in suggestions? Mkay? Although at times they can seem to cross over.

Whining implies there's an issue, a point of critic. Suggestions address issues

221 posts and you still can't tell the difference between a whine and a suggestion. This is a whine just so you know. If it were a suggestion don't you think it would be in suggestions? Mkay? Although at times they can seem to cross over.

Ok, so if I whine about time I have to spent on moving my items from bsb to ship and then write a suggestion to make it possible to simply drag items from bsb to ship - i should post it here?

Mkay...

Oh, sorry. Didn't realize what I was dealing with here.

You are absolutely correct in everything you say and do.

There, ego fed. Now go away. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

id say if something is butchered it should get enhanced decay for the corpse so it lasts 12-24 more rl hours max