Sign in to follow this  
Naruchico

How Important Is A Deed?

I just want to know the advantages of having a deed compaired to just building a server rule safe enclosure, if someone could do a nice pros/cons for both that would be amazing!

I have a large group of friends who play and we are unsure if we want to save up for a deed and prem of course, or strike it out on our own in a enclosure(non-deed) to mass produce and sell bulk goods from our enclosure.

Thanks in advance for any tips and suggestions!

What are you gonna use the money from making bricks for? Better chisels so you can chip even more bricks

Edited by san_tropez

I am going to assume you mean playing on the Freedom cluster since making anything in the Epic or Chaos realms means you are vulnerable to theft. I am also going to assume by enclosure, you mean walling off a section of land and claiming it for yourselves without deeding it.

Let me say that having or belonging to a deed and going premium are by far the best way of producing and selling goods. For one thing, items decay at a very high rate off deed and given your low skills, you will be spending a lot of time repairing and improving fencing, buildings, and items as long as you live off deed. Decay reduction is definitely a plus to having a deed. Also, you are afforded some protections again aggro creatures if you have a deed. Third, you may be subject to griefing from others if you decide to camp on public land (griefing varies). Given your low skills, the items you produce will not only be subject to decay off deed, but given the low quality of those items, the decay rate may acutally thwart your efforts to store and sell goods.

These are just some of the benefits to having a deed as opposed to squatting on public land. In the end, Rolf has the deed mechanism to not only generate revenue, but also to remove some of the aggravations of non-deed living.

• Like 3

-the server rule safe enclosure is nothing protected by game mechanics, but only enforced by GMs

-enclosures structures needs to be maintained, since 1 fallen fence or wall destroys the protection

-deeds reduce maintenance chores, because decay of fences and houses are reduced to 0 , so they take no damage aslong as there is more then 1 month upkeep in the village token

-deeds can hire templars(for 1 silver per month and 1 silver initial cost) which can protect you against monsters on your deed

-deed means no one can take your place away because its game mechanic secured, so no one CAN bash your fences, offdeed they can still attempt to, even if its illegal

-deeds also allow management of roles like for your friends/villagers/alliancemembers etc. into detail like farming, woodcutting, taming etc. there are also some general management adjustments that will change it for everyone on the server like pickup on deed grounds

-deeds allow you to have another respawning point besides the general server one ;)

-on deeds your lamps will be lit automatically once filled (not sure how it exactly works atm but i have no templar and they are burning bright since months :D)

-you can use your deed to "brand" animals with the deeds name, which makes it possible to lead your animals from a strangers deed (for whatever reason)

maybe some others add more XD

• Like 1

Hey Naru,

Nice to see you on the forum. Here is some differences between them:

Deeds:

• Except for highway rule, no one can force a change on your deed without your permission.
  • Reduced to no decay on walls, fences, banners.
  • Costs in silver. A lot to create one with decent size, not too much for upkeep.
  • Ability to place limited animals and not have to afraid of diseases and miscarriage.
  • Can put people on KOS so they get out of your deed.
  • Spirit templars chase away mobs, making it safe to half-afk mining
  • Automatic lamps without need of refilling oil.
  • Deed permissions to allow and disallow people do stuff.

Enclosures:

• People can forcely evict you from enclosures by expanding theirs deed perimeter on it.
  • Decay occur, and in it can be demanding task to keep repair and improve as low level and on big enclosure. Not to mention some randomness in decay, some fences might broke while others still less than 40 damages...
  • Costs in your time of play.
  • Animals prone to get diseased or miscarriage.
  • Nothing you can do to forcefully ask someone to get out of your enclosures.
  • No spirit templars, have to rely on guards that tend to be buggy in cave.
  • Lamps need to be filled, snuffed, lighted manually.
  • Only house permissions. As soon as a wall fall down people can do anything in your enclosure.

That is what I can think of for now.

Also keep in mind that when you first go premium you get two silver as a gift, so with several people you might already have enough to buy a deed. You can also sell your referalls for 6-7 SIlver each.

A deed only costs 10 silver and at minimum size 11x11 tiles and with one guard it will last for 4,5 month before you need to pay upkeep again. It provides a lot of security so it's well worth it.

Edited by Keldun

Wandering mobs no longer wander on deed so templars add little value over a tower guard, except as noted tower guards are buggy in mines. While caves are supposed to spawn mobs on deeds, I have only seen this happen on server restarts. I would suggest leaving your cave entrance open so you could troll those mobs out when they do get in, and lose the templar in favor of tower guard. Though you give up your KOS rights without a templar, any way thru your deed the public uses the GMs would rule against your use of it anyways.

But I would get a deed because off-deed decay is designed to force you either to rage-quit or deed up, you cannot be productive in an off-deed because you repair all the time, and have to deal with mobs spawning in your enclosure. All that stone you thought you could sell as bricks, ends up as repair stones in your fences. Since your goal is bulk production with a team, a deed should pay for itself easily, and the initial cost can come out of the mutual referrals and welcome silver. The only problem is bulk production is incredibly boring, so I do not see a team holding itself together unless they split village duties so there is different things to focus on other than production.

Edited by yarnevk

Wandering mobs no longer wander on deed so templars add little value over a tower guard.

I currently got about 20 wandering mobs on my deed right now, but I got no templar to stop them either. So you likely need a templar active to scare them away.

I have been turning templar aggro off but get no wandering mobs, so maybe no templar hired allows them in? I have proposed that turning templar aggro off does allow wandering as well as spawning mobs because it would enable hunting deeds that can also have the KOS advantage of templars. To counter templars getting fired they could also be required to keep the lights on and fences up.

deed make u own "borrow" land u deed it.... so why is that even question

Ontop of what rosedragon said, deeds also have an added bonus to skill gain (a very small percentage that increases as the deed gets older).

You can sacrifice additional items to favor the gods and give your deed extra bonuses such as war damage, enchanting and rare items, and healing bonuses.

You get the ability to have a perimeter around your deed which prevents other people building houses or founding deeds, so you can keep the land around you free for future projects.

Deed mayors get a large bonus to bashing fences incase you want to renovate.

Edited by Alyeska

Deed mayors get a large bonus to bashing fences incase you want to renovate.

Never understood where that myth comes from, for bashing it's actually all citizens not just mayor.

Hey guys dont forget the new animal thing, if you want to breed animals its gonna be fairly hard without a deed

Never understood where that myth comes from, for bashing it's actually all citizens not just mayor.

its just the mayor

Edit: confirmed this myself

Edited by shadowblasta

It's just anybody who got "destroy stuff" ticked in settings that receive the extra damage bonus. Or elders. But it's not limited to the mayor in any way

• Like 1

only mayor have special bonus insite of deed when bash :D i hit 50ql stone wall down in 2 actions

No, there's a setting named "destroy buildings" which you can enable for the different roles. Those who got it checked do indeed get a bonus to bashing. I just swapped my settlement form back and forth, dealing consistant damage bonus whether I was mayor or just court appointed basher. Please actually try it out before making another assumption, this myth is ages old and need to die out

Edited by san_tropez

No, there's a setting named "destroy buildings" which you can enable for the different roles. Those who got it checked do indeed get a bonus to bashing. I just swapped my settlement form back and forth, dealing consistant damage bonus whether I was mayor or just court appointed basher. Please actually try it out before making another assumption, this myth is ages old and need to die out

Can you appoint it to a toon in a different village? My main would love to smash down some walls on the deed my priest holds.

I got no idea. May work for allies, may have to add individual players. Try it out

Can you appoint it to a toon in a different village? My main would love to smash down some walls on the deed my priest holds.

You can but the village buff is only for citizens or the mayor, ie it takes a considerable longer time for non citizens with bash perms to bash (tried this in game)

thank you for your information, surprising to see there is no pros to it.

thank you for your information, surprising to see there is no pros to it.

Not sure where you are thinking there are no Pros after what has been written.

The way I look at it, if you can afford to have a deed (money and space where you want it (and it is not much money)), then you are not going to regret having a deed. You will own your land in Wurm and no one short of GMs or Rolf can change it. If you can not afford a deed, a legal enclosure allows you to play, be prepared to move or have bad things happen occasionally though.

Didnt mean to post it as if only the mayor gets it, but the mayor ALWAYS has it. There is a checkbox that allows it for citizens, but that is only relevant for deeds with citizens (which is not applicable in this case, so I did not see a need to mention it).

Also not sure if mentioned, but a deed of course allows you to respawn at your own token in case of death.

Edited by Alyeska