Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Minecraft Hits 10 Million Copies Sold

I think it's like $24 or something though? So even more 0.0

But either way, that is a lot of money, and rightly so for a good game :D

(Not that Wurm isn't great, it is amazing)

Notch should just buy Code Club already. It would also get Wurm lots more recognition and the player count would skyrocket.

I think it's like $24 or something though? So even more 0.0

But either way, that is a lot of money, and rightly so for a good game :D

(Not that Wurm isn't great, it is amazing)

Well when i bought it it was around 10e but that was early beta stage before the Youtube guys skyrocketed it to the success it is today.

Notch should just buy Code Club already. It would also get Wurm lots more recognition and the player count would skyrocket.

Skyrocketting player count does not sound like a good thing.

• Like 1

I don't want notch to touch CCAB, not because I don't like him, I think he's great.. But because he'd take it in a different direction. Easymode it, and commercialize it alot

• Like 1

Cool story, bro. Not sure why any of us care about Wurm's weaker, shallower younger brother, but hey.

• Like 3

Cool story, bro. Not sure why any of us care about Wurm's weaker, shallower younger brother, but hey.

Well he did help build this game too and is actually how i found this game was from the minecraft website wurm is listed there as "Notch's Buddies" https://minecraft.net/community Edited by Kegan

And after that Rolf would start one endless chain of vacations. :rolleyes:

Huh I thought they had hit ten million a while ago.

And I thought we were talking about something significant :P

• Like 1

i believe somewhere rolf mentioned a little bit about why Notch and him split on the Wurm bit.

basically, they wanted different things out of a game. The same is probably mostly true to this day. Let's not sugest Notch returns in any way more than an assistant role to Rolf.

I rather like what Rolf has done to Wurm... overall. I feel that bringing Minecraft mentality into the mix would water down this game's content.

That said, I think skyrocketing player count would do nothing but good. It might bring actual population to these sprawling villages that more resemble ghost towns, to actual population centers.

• Like 1

Aye ircc at the time Notch wanted to go and create more games whereas Rolf was comfortable just working on Wurm.

Now if Rolf ever does go and sell Wurm, Id be more of a wait-and-see, even if he does stay in "creative control". It could be awesome, horrible, or meh... Ive seen all three plenty of times.

Some of us play both, and don't feel bad about enjoying them both.
  • Like 3

rolf has to optimize wurm to start with to make it possible to have 50+ people in a town that equals that mass

Skyrocketting player count does not sound like a good thing.

Well, a legion of players buying premium would definitely animate the economy, but most of them would be 10 years old so it would be the end of Wurm as we know it.

• Like 2

More players = more funding = more stuff. But yeah, i kind of don't want Wurm to be overrun by a younger age group.

i cant play minecraft for more than like 20 or 30 mins, too..."easy" not my kinda game

people make/build some crazy stuff tho

i cant play minecraft for more than like 20 or 30 mins, too..."easy" not my kinda game

people make/build some crazy stuff tho

I don't play it anymore but i do watch a lot of the YouTube guys play it still.

I only play minecraft with mods/multiplayer. Vanilla minecraft is BORING

Well, a legion of players buying premium would definitely animate the economy, but most of them would be 10 years old so it would be the end of Wurm as we know it.

I agree with the comment that it would be the end of Wurm as we know it. I have played numerious online games and one of the reasons I play Wurm is the relative maturity of its player base as well as the relative complexity/difficulty of Wurm.

Mass marketing it on that level, would create the same scenerio that a certain "Starwars" game underwent several years ago....they tried to make it appealing to the console market, and started listening to the crowd that complained about how difficult "this" was, or how "overly complex" that was...they simplified the game and caused the mass evacuation of most of the original player base.

people just don't play games for long periods of time like they use to the average stay at one game is maybe 3-6 months if that theses days. A game comes out and if it is marketed right it gets a hype people swarm in when it launches play it for a month or two then move to the next one.

people just don't play games for long periods of time like they use to the average stay at one game is maybe 3-6 months if that theses days. A game comes out and if it is marketed right it gets a hype people swarm in when it launches play it for a month or two then move to the next one.

Agreed Kegan! Which is exactly why attracting that type of player into Wurm would not be good for the existing long-term player-base that is here. I dont play Wurm to be one of the "instant gratification crowd" that has to max out their levels in 2 weeks or it isnt worth playing. I play cause it is difficult and because it does take alot of time to make something worthwhile. I suspect most of the Wurm player base has similar motivations.

Edited by Thorin